Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: -4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: IE '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: -4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: IE '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Re: Q46 V26 - 3 weeks left, Please help [#permalink]
Here is the link to additional question pack from GMAT:-
https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... ack-1.aspx
It contains 404 new questions from actual GMAT tests. They are categorized based on topics and difficulty level.

You should not get 3 passages one after the other on actual GMAT. Passages in my test were quite evenly spaced and were not very complex.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Hi Abhinav,

My comments below:

1. Since you are not in a hurry (I don't see any deadlines on the horizon unless you are applying for the Jan intake) please postpone your test. Statistically it has been seen that for a 100 point increase you might need more than the 2-3 weeks you have left. Also it puts an unnecessary pressure on you. Not worth it. Take it sometime April 1st week IMO.

2. You have mentioned the problem (i.e. test scores) but no analysis of WHY the problem exists. Here are a few ways in which you can analyze your performance:
https://www.crackverbal.com/nailed-it-mi ... crewed-it/
https://www.crackverbal.com/effective-gmat-prep/

3. This is the time you will start blindly practicing from any book that you think will "save" you. Resist this temptation. Have full faith in your abilities. Just practice from the official questions - the OG + Quant & Verbal Supplements + GMAT Pack.

4. A great resource to go from Q46 towards Q50 is how-to-improve-your-quant-from-q44-to-q50-141670.html
Food for thought: Maybe instead of fixing BOTH the problems together you can fix them one by one.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Arun
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arun@crackverbal wrote:
Hi Abhinav,

My comments below:

1. Since you are not in a hurry (I don't see any deadlines on the horizon unless you are applying for the Jan intake) please postpone your test. Statistically it has been seen that for a 100 point increase you might need more than the 2-3 weeks you have left. Also it puts an unnecessary pressure on you. Not worth it. Take it sometime April 1st week IMO.

2. You have mentioned the problem (i.e. test scores) but no analysis of WHY the problem exists. Here are a few ways in which you can analyze your performance:
https://www.crackverbal.com/nailed-it-mi ... crewed-it/
https://www.crackverbal.com/effective-gmat-prep/

3. This is the time you will start blindly practicing from any book that you think will "save" you. Resist this temptation. Have full faith in your abilities. Just practice from the official questions - the OG + Quant & Verbal Supplements + GMAT Pack.

4. A great resource to go from Q46 towards Q50 is how-to-improve-your-quant-from-q44-to-q50-141670.html
Food for thought: Maybe instead of fixing BOTH the problems together you can fix them one by one.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Arun

Hey thanks so much Arun for your detailed response.

1. I really wanted to have more prep time but no matter how insane and stupid it may sound I wanted to give March 30 deadline of Singaporean colleges a GO .And I am totally aware of this problematic n idiotic approach but Due to Procrastination I have to suffer. And I booked Gmat for 18th March Wid exactly two and half weeks to go. I have 3 MGMAT xams and oone GMAT prep to take care off.

2. Biggest problem in verbal for me is I ended the Verbal section in GMAT prep with 7 minutes to go :O
I knew I have done some questions wrong but I was so drained till the time I reached 20 - 22 question I wanted to finish it quickly :(

3.I am trying my best to improve my Quant score t ill 50 because that I think as per my ability I can do , Verbal Has always been my achillies heel.

4.You have hit the bulls eye by saying that , Now a days I am just doing any question from any site to practice and practice and practice more. In office hours also I try to kill time by doing as many questions as I can I hope I am not diverting away from Official questions..

one last thing I have not reserved any time for preparing IRs and AWA any suggestions for that are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Abhinav
\
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
abhinav11 wrote:
1. I really wanted to have more prep time but no matter how insane and stupid it may sound I wanted to give March 30 deadline of Singaporean colleges a GO .And I am totally aware of this problematic n idiotic approach but Due to Procrastination I have to suffer. And I booked Gmat for 18th March Wid exactly two and half weeks to go. I have 3 MGMAT xams and oone GMAT prep to take care off.

2. Biggest problem in verbal for me is I ended the Verbal section in GMAT prep with 7 minutes to go :O
I knew I have done some questions wrong but I was so drained till the time I reached 20 - 22 question I wanted to finish it quickly :(

one last thing I have not reserved any time for preparing IRs and AWA any suggestions for that are more than welcome.

Quick response on points you have mentioned:

1. Taking more tests cannot be the "target". Just do the remaining GMATPrep and you should be fine. Instead focus on practicing questions on your areas of improvement. Try to get more conceptual clarity. Learn how to backsolve/plugin values etc. According to me, this would get you better returns over the next weeks than anything else.

2. The biggest problem is not with your level of preparedness but this -> Mental Stamina. If you drain out at the end of 20questions then you just cannot improve. You will have to learn to focus on the test. Try to use the breaks more effectively (have red bull or whatever else your poison is). Ensure you don't invest too much mental energy solving easier problems.

3. Don't worry about AWA and IR - just ensure you know the formats and invest some time trying to get a grip of it. On the test you should not waste too much mental energy on these sections (see point #2) so prepare enough to see them through.

Arun
GMAT Club Bot