Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Technology
Schools: HEC '15 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Technology
Schools: HEC '15 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: HEC MiM Grande Ecole 2013 intake [#permalink]
Hello everyone... got mixed results.. Admitted to EmLyon and in the waiting list of ESCP but dinged by HEC :( :( ....
Can't decide what to do... please everyone give inputs about EmLyon and ESCP.. would it be worth studying there and investing a large amount of money in them.. however both are rated quite highly in FT Rankings!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nice am thinking of HEC too but still a bit confused as of now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
also tend to HEC.
vmrsh, in your case it's the other way around. I really don't get it.
But i am anyway very happy to go to hec!

Best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Got admitted to HEC, Emlyon, ESCP!will probably choose HEC but I have my LBS interview on the 4th. If I get through that then its a dilemma.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
vmrsh wrote:
Hello everyone... got mixed results.. Admitted to EmLyon and in the waiting list of ESCP but dinged by HEC :( :( ....
Can't decide what to do... please everyone give inputs about EmLyon and ESCP.. would it be worth studying there and investing a large amount of money in them.. however both are rated quite highly in FT Rankings!!!!!!

Hi Vimarsh

ESCP has a solid network in Europe whereas EmLyon is more known in France. I would suggest you pick ESCP as it allows you to do a CEMS degree which is highly rated. But whichever you choose, make full use of the alumni network.
I mentioned this to you when we met in Delhi during the interviews. And yes, its worth the money if you make full use of the School's Network. Make strong contacts and they will help you at every stage of your career.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ kcmb01: yaar ye to comedy ho gai.. how is it possible: wait listed for emlyon and admit for HEC... anyways good luck.. It would have been great if I was also in your situation!!!!!

@ bharath vijay: Thanks a lot for your input friend.. would keep in touch with you on facebook and yes congos again for HEC and best of luck for LBS...

And to all friends have you got mails from EMLyon and ESCP.. I still have'nt... Actually this waiting list thing of ESCP has made all the things very complicated for me... got input from a first round guy that after having the mail the confirmation should be done within 2 weeks and registration fees is hefty 4000 euros while its 6000 for HEC!! And this waiting list thing is just icing on cake on this hoch poch.. Really in a fix.. can't decide what to do.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi vmrsh,
I am in a similar situation....got thru emlyon but placed in the waitlist for escp.... do u have any idea as to how much time does escp take to confirm the admission? will you be taking emlyon?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anmolkumar wrote:
hi vmrsh,
I am in a similar situation....got thru emlyon but placed in the waitlist for escp.... do u have any idea as to how much time does escp take to confirm the admission? will you be taking emlyon?

Hi anmol,
I met you during our Delhi interview.. Yar frankly speaking I'm very confused right now... doing research on EMLyon since results were declared.. Have'nt reached any conclusion as yet.. what about you, what have you decided?? Bharath told me that ESCP has asked selected candidates to register by 18th march... so you can expect to get clear picture about ESCP after 18th.. but the problem is that Emlyon would ask to confirm our candidature within 12 days as told to me by 1st round candidate and registration fee is around 3 lakhs... However I have'nt received any mail from Emlyon side as yet...

And do you know the significance of rank in waiting list of ESCP.. becoz it starts from 24 and order does'nt fits numerically!!!! Reply soon..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vmrsh
check ur mailbox....I've mssgd u my nmbr...call me nd we will discuss the issue
Intern
Intern
Send PM
guys please check your spam for Emlyon confirmation..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oops.. very awkward situation... got mail from escp that they would clear the picture till 20th march for waiting list and no. of students they would be taking are 130. However from there declared list I found out that there were a total of 118 selected students and 49 on waiting list which sums upto 167!!!!!!! Can anyone tell me that these 130 students are combination of european and non european students or are only non european students selected from SAI...

This information would really help me a lot in taking the risk as Emlyon has asked to register by 8th March!!!!!! Kindly help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
vmrsh wrote:
oops.. very awkward situation... got mail from escp that they would clear the picture till 20th march for waiting list and no. of students they would be taking are 130. However from there declared list I found out that there were a total of 118 selected students and 49 on waiting list which sums upto 167!!!!!!! Can anyone tell me that these 130 students are combination of european and non european students or are only non european students selected from SAI...

This information would really help me a lot in taking the risk as Emlyon has asked to register by 8th March!!!!!! Kindly help

Let me tell you something that should ease the situation a bit. Of the 118 selected students, I'm willing to bet there are atleast 50-80 selected by HEC as well and atleast 40 of them would opt for HEC over ESCP. So my guess is you're safe :)

Also some students may choose other non SAI schools and some may choose emlyon or audencia nantes over ESCP depending on personal preference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys!
I also did the SAI TEST and now i'm Admitted at AUDENCIA and SKEMA but still on the WAITING LIST of EM LYOn ... I'm 13 on the list !!
Can people who are admitted at HEC, ESCP and EM LYon and choosed HEC or ESCP can send an email to EM LYON to delcine their offer!
That would really help people like me as i'm still really stressed about the situation !!
cheers and congratulations for your admissions ! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Virgilius wrote:
Hello everyone !

I'm fairly new here and I'm also interested in the MSc program at HEC Paris, amongst other schools.

Can anyone tell me if my profile is suitable for the application and what should I work on to improve it : :)

Nationality : Moroccan
Graduated with a bachelor of engineering (Honours) from l'Ecole Mohammadia D'Ingénieurs (leading Polytechnic school in Morocco and Africa) with a 14/20 (2:1 equivalent)
Work Experience : Currently Business Analyst at Kea & Partners (French Consulting Firm), formerly ABM at Procter & Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive
GMAT : 750
Extracurricular : Tech Squad and Coaching Team Leader at ENACTUS, winner of 6 prizes and semi-finalist in the SIFE Morocco Competition in 2011, SIFE EMI Spokesman at the PNB-NAPEO Conference held in October 2011, founder of EMI-HORIZON, a school improvement program with a partnership with Edvantage.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Virgilius,
Your profile is very competitive.
Why don't look for something more challenging?
any reason that you target this MSc/School?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone admitted on additional list for ESCP... kindly tell what is the language of mail sent by ESCP to you... are you admitted or you will get offer after guys on admitted list reject there offer... actually I'm on the waiting list... this would really help me to analyze my situation....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
louisroul wrote:
Hey guys!
I also did the SAI TEST and now i'm Admitted at AUDENCIA and SKEMA but still on the WAITING LIST of EM LYOn ... I'm 13 on the list !!
Can people who are admitted at HEC, ESCP and EM LYon and choosed HEC or ESCP can send an email to EM LYON to delcine their offer!
That would really help people like me as i'm still really stressed about the situation !!
cheers and congratulations for your admissions ! :-D

i think u will surely make to the final list as there would be plethora of people leaving for hec and escp... just tell me one thing by when has emlyon told you that you could get an offer for admission for emlyon.. escp has told me by 20th march.. I'm on escp waiting list.. while emlyon has asked to confirm registration by 8th...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
would be hoping to get replies as soon as possible as 8th is not very far before I make my decision...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts