Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Information Session - Worth attending? [#permalink]
The off campus ones are a little different. First, there's refreshments. But more importantly, the off campus sessions have alumni panels which are always insightful. Mine in New York had Divya Narendra and it was cool to meet him

Originally posted by Ward2012 on 17 Mar 2013, 12:10.
Last edited by Ward2012 on 17 Mar 2013, 14:34, edited 2 times in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
The off campus ones are a little different. First, there's refreshments. But most importantly, the off campus sessions have an alumni panel which are always insightful. Mine in New York had Divya Narendra and it was cool to meet him

That's pretty cool, actually. Neat to see that he still makes time for Kellogg events even though he has a lot going on.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I thought Kellogg had a good info session. Definitely worth your while if you're thinking of applying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
yes it is. the session itself is really good b/c its not like an tour session where they slap up a powerpoint (those are great too). its a adcom member who sits in a room with you and talks kellogg and hits on very specific things for you.

I went during the off cycle campus visit season and had to do the exact same thing. honestly i highly recommend reaching out to a student as well to see if they can show you the lay of the land. I had the president of a club im interested in give me a tour, take me to class with her (they can do this off cycle - all they have to do is ask the prof), and we even had an after school snack with her club friends in the atrium!

I managed to do everything one would do in a full visit. She offered to do most of it after we spoke on the phone, but if you have a good convo with someone, doesn't hurt to inquire.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
yes it is. the session itself is really good b/c its not like an tour session where they slap up a powerpoint (those are great too). its a adcom member who sits in a room with you and talks kellogg and hits on very specific things for you.

I went during the off cycle campus visit season and had to do the exact same thing. honestly i highly recommend reaching out to a student as well to see if they can show you the lay of the land. I had the president of a club im interested in give me a tour, take me to class with her (they can do this off cycle - all they have to do is ask the prof), and we even had an after school snack with her club friends in the atrium!

I managed to do everything one would do in a full visit. She offered to do most of it after we spoke on the phone, but if you have a good convo with someone, doesn't hurt to inquire.

had a similar experience. definitely recommend reaching out to a student. info session was helpful and informative, but the student absolutely made my visit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
pancaketown wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

had a similar experience. definitely recommend reaching out to a student. info session was helpful and informative, but the student absolutely made my visit.

NOW if ONLY i were in your shoes with that fresh admit!!!! Mine would be an M for matriculating that quickly too!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Kellogg Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Kellogg Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Kellogg Forum for all fresh things related to the Kellogg MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts