Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2013 Intake [#permalink]
Hi All

Bang! Moved from main forum thread to here, I joined the club of waitlister early today... At least I did not received a Ding.

I am R3 applicant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Chmartin87 wrote:
Hi All

Bang! Moved from main forum thread to here, I joined the club of waitlister early today... At least I did not received a Ding.

I am R3 applicant

We are in the same boat Chmartin87. Does anyone know when the deposit deadline for R3 is this year? I saw in the thread for last year's intake that WL folks started to hear around second week of June.

And if anyone has a great strategy for WL to share, that would be awesome.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
zigzag wrote:
Chmartin87 wrote:
Hi All

I am R3 applicant

We are in the same boat Chmartin87. Does anyone know when the deposit deadline for R3 is this year? I saw in the thread for last year's intake that WL folks started to hear around second week of June.

And if anyone has a great strategy for WL to share, that would be awesome.

The deposit deadline is on June 25th for R3 applicant I have just receive the email about it.

Best

Em
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi zigzag and Chmartin87,

me too moved to this thread now! Just heard a while back on my waitlist. Let us not lose hope. How long would one, at a minimum, have to wait? - guess would be until the deposit deadline for round 3 applicants.......Any statistics on the conversions from waitlist to acceptance would be useful...

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi MCK,

I received a general second email as the response to the "acceptance of being on waitlist" stating that we could get an answer any time between now and 08/26...

According to previous year the odds are fearly against us, however they do take people from the waitlist, so wait and see.

On the other side, I'll spend the WE searching any WL strategy(if any) to put in place. I guess, writing to your AD some kind of update letter reassuring that you are still interested might help, especially if you have something new professionally to say. This is my guess, don't take it for god words

My moto for now: keep smiling
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I asked when they plan to do the first round of review for waitlisted candidates and was told that it will be end of June. So let's not fret too much until then. I know it's easier said than done, but let's enjoy all other non-INSEAD aspects of life.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Chmartin 87

I did not get any response from them on the waitlist acceptance. Actually, as a reply to their e-mail, I mentioned that I confirm being accepted on the waitlist and provided my contact details again. I did try clicking on the two options in the last section of the email, but the click for some reason wasn't working. Hence, I just replied to them saying I accept. Do you see any issues with that? Did your click work or you also replied with your acceptance. May be the click triggers a response from them. I am not sure what strategy to be deployed and whether writing to your AC would be a factor to their consideration. On another note, are you a coldplay fan? (just a conjecture going by your name :-P)

zigzag, agree with you to not fret much and enjoy other aspects too and get working on other plans. Just wait n watch :-).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ MCK,

It is just a coincidence if my user name is close to Chris Martin's...

The click did not work as it is not supposed to be a click (I guess), so I just replied to the email (like you did) with a sentence saying that I accept the torture, making sure the part with my contact details was ticked and then I got a reply. I'll PM it to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
A link to an informative chat transcript with INSEAD Admission Director regarding waitlist. Check it out: https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... nsead.aspx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thx zigzag most helpful
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Here we go again. Waitlisted. To be honest i am glad its not a ding. :-) I live to fight another day which is what i have always done my whole life......Thats why they call me Rocky!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
Send PM
I got waitlisted today as well. I checked last year waitlist forum and on the 11th of June some people were accepted. Therefore, I think it is possible they will start considering the waitlist candidates next week.

I have an offer from another BS and have to pay the first installment on the 10th of June. So, I think it will be too late to me, but fingers crossed. I won't give up and will call the AD next monday explaining my situation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LuisBravo wrote:
I got waitlisted today as well. I checked last year waitlist forum and on the 11th of June some people were accepted. Therefore, I think it is possible they will start considering the waitlist candidates next week.

I have an offer from another BS and have to pay the first installment on the 10th of June. So, I think it will be too late to me, but fingers crossed. I won't give up and will call the AD next monday explaining my situation.

Does the AD decides who gets off the wait list?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does one get a reply from the AC to the waitlist confirmation email sent to the AC or something not to be worried about - if one has sent the confirmation, they have definitely received it and will contact you back if you have/have not been accepted?

@ fafelu1, I guess its the Ad Comm and not the AD alone. AD would be a member of the AdCom, but as a decision, it is def the Committee.....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
We really need to know how many people are on the waitlist and updates??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not sure about the numbers, but if there are updates and any traction, lets keep each other posted here.....Lets be +ve....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Updating - I am a R3 WL... AC is IR, who is on leave. I'm from the US.

What does it mean that there are 517 people (supposedly) on MBA connect? Does that mean those are just people that have been accepted or does it also mean they have put down an initial deposit?

Have and R1 or R2 WLers been accepted since R3 decisions came out?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts