Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 22:52 It is currently 06 May 2024, 22:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Re: How to take kaplan CAT in untimed mode?? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi prateek,

We discourage students from resetting their tests, and don't give them an option to do it on their own. We feel that retaking tests with problems they've already seen isn't an effective way for them to improve their performance. However, if you'd like to reset the exams, you can call 1-800-KAP-TEST and a Kaplan representative will do it for you.

Best of luck, and thanks for choosing Kaplan!

Eli
Director
Director
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
Hi prateek,

We discourage students from resetting their tests, and don't give them an option to do it on their own. We feel that retaking tests with problems they've already seen isn't an effective way for them to improve their performance. However, if you'd like to reset the exams, you can call 1-800-KAP-TEST and a Kaplan representative will do it for you.

Best of luck, and thanks for choosing Kaplan!

Eli

Hi Eli

I have drafted them an email at customercare@kaplan.com on 9/21/2013, havent got any reply till now might be because of weekends.

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
How to take kaplan CAT in untimed mode??

Thanks

Hi Pratik,

Before pressing the "Start" button on your test, hold the control key and press the "up" arrow on your keyboard--this will let you alter the timing of your test.

Best regards,

Eli

Hi Eli

I am afraid that this is not working while taking kaplan gmat cat, although it worked while taking a quiz(Later came to know that the quiz are already untimed)..

Kindly tell me how to take the CAT in untimed mode.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
How to take kaplan CAT in untimed mode??

Thanks

Hi Pratik,

Before pressing the "Start" button on your test, hold the control key and press the "up" arrow on your keyboard--this will let you alter the timing of your test.

Best regards,

Eli

Hi Eli

I am afraid that this is not working while taking kaplan gmat cat, although it worked while taking a quiz(Later came to know that the quiz are already untimed)..

Thanks

Hi Pratik,

I'm sorry for the confusion--that should have worked. Are you on a Mac? If so, you might need to use the command key instead of control. Also, it's possible that there is a specific issue with your browser, or that you're using an outdated version of Kaplan's exams which have a different command. Has customer.care@kaplan.com returned your message? Send them another communication, and I'm sure they'll be able to give you more specific help than I can offer over the net!

Best,

Hi Eli

Thanks for you mail, i did not get any email back from customercare but yesterday i got a instant reply from technical mail, they resolved my issue...

ctrl + shift + up arrow this was the command they told me to use and it worked.

Thanks for your time.
Director
Director
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:

Hi Eli

Thanks

Hi Pratik,

I'm sorry for the confusion--that should have worked. Are you on a Mac? If so, you might need to use the command key instead of control. Also, it's possible that there is a specific issue with your browser, or that you're using an outdated version of Kaplan's exams which have a different command. Has customer.care@kaplan.com returned your message? Send them another communication, and I'm sure they'll be able to give you more specific help than I can offer over the net!

Best,

Hi Eli

Thanks for you mail, i did not get any email back from customercare but yesterday i got a instant reply from technical mail, they resolved my issue...

Thanks for your time.
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi Eli

Thanks for your time.
Whoops! Looks like there might have been a miscommunication somewhere down the line, and I ended up leaving the "shift" key out. But I'm glad you were able to get a swift response. Thanks again for choosing Kaplan!

Best,
GMAT Club Bot