Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: LBS '16 (A)
Send PM
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
JTaros84 wrote:
Should we be admitted R1, does anyone know what the deadline to give LBS an answer and deposit would be?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How important are business school rankings, really?
….Is a question which has been hotly debated by business schools and candidates for some time, and will likely continue to stimulate discussion long into the future. I’ll be honest, I am unashamedly pro-rankings. Frankly, I think they are hugely important and I’m happy to defend this perspective. That said, its fair to say that rankings are […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
JTaros84 wrote:
Should we be admitted R1, does anyone know what the deadline to give LBS an answer and deposit would be?

I heard it was around £1000 and that it was approximately 4 weeks for the deposit, but please don't take my word for it!! It may just be a rumour. It may say on the website somewhere but pretty hard to find.

Waiting to find out if I got in is all I can think about at the moment. 12th of December feels a long way away but really not long now. Fingers crossed I get to find out how much the deposit is!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
LondonCity wrote:
JTaros84 wrote:

I heard it was around £1000 and that it was approximately 4 weeks for the deposit, but please don't take my word for it!! It may just be a rumour. It may say on the website somewhere but pretty hard to find.

Waiting to find out if I got in is all I can think about at the moment. 12th of December feels a long way away but really not long now. Fingers crossed I get to find out how much the deposit is!!!

The initial commitment fee is £1,500, and is due 3-4 weeks after receiving the offer. The reservation fee is £6,000 and is made in June.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Should I retake the GMAT?
Autumn is a busy time for us in the admissions office, as we participate in a variety of recruitment events to meet and speak with candidates from around the world.   This year one question that many of you have been asking is whether you should retake the GMAT to make your application more competitive. Firstly, […]

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
8 days till we find out! I really don't want to get my hopes up but I really don't have a plan B so got to think positive at the moment. Does anyone ever get feedback on their applications if they don't get in?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: LBS '16 (II)
Send PM
LondonCity wrote:
8 days till we find out! I really don't want to get my hopes up but I really don't have a plan B so got to think positive at the moment. Does anyone ever get feedback on their applications if they don't get in?

I'm counting business days, as they progress a little bit faster (on weekends it's easier to forget about this...)! 6 business days and counting!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrunoNovo wrote:
I'm counting business days, as they progress a little bit faster (on weekends it's easier to forget about this...)! 6 business days and counting!!

Love it!! That is a brilliant way to look at it. Yes, easier to forget about it on the weekends. How did you find your interview? I found mine good but I have been worrying that maybe I relaxed a little bit too much at the end. Especially after the interview when it was the opportunity to ask questions, I found myself slouching in the chair, a combination of a friendly interviewer and the adrenalin leaving my body after an intense hour of questions meant I felt way too relaxed!

I especially found the areas of improvement questions hard because really if you answer those well, it makes you look bad but if you don't give a good answer then they think you don't really know yourself well enough. Gosh this is killing me! It is my only school for round 1 and I'm wondering if I should've applied to more. It is a tough school to get into.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The problem of having a dream school like LBS is the fear that the dream can be taken away. Anyone got any back-up plans if they don't get in? I am pretty stumped as to what I will do, probably will have to reassess my plans. Anyone know what the percentage is for people who interview who then get offers?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
LondonCity wrote:
The problem of having a dream school like LBS is the fear that the dream can be taken away. Anyone got any back-up plans if they don't get in? I am pretty stumped as to what I will do, probably will have to reassess my plans. Anyone know what the percentage is for people who interview who then get offers?

My guess using US MBA stats is that 45% gets interviewed, roughly half of those are accepted into the program, and finally around half of this last group accepts the invitation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
PlastMan wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

My guess using US MBA stats is that 45% gets interviewed, roughly half of those are accepted into the program, and finally around half of this last group accepts the invitation.

Thanks, that sounds about right. Well, got my fingers crossed for Thursday. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 2.99
WE:Business Development (Law)
Send PM
Kudos
LondonCity wrote:

Their admissions rep at an event I attended told me that they interview about 30% of all applicants and accept about 75% of interviewees (including those taken from the waitlist)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brottscott wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

Their admissions rep at an event I attended told me that they interview about 30% of all applicants and accept about 75% of interviewees (including those taken from the waitlist)

Thanks, those aren't too bad odds. Obviously it will depend on the applicants but I would be very sad to have made it all the way to interview and then not get in! I'm trying not to get my hopes up and prepare myself for bad news. Only 3 days to go now so won't be long till we all know.

There is a part of me that wishes we found out on friday rather than thursday, not for the extra wait but so that if it is bad news, I don't have to go into work the following day! Are you looking to go to LBS BrottScott?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
brottscott wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

Wow that sounds pretty high (the 75%). Don't know how accurate the figure is, and... I know it doesn't change anything to my decision, that's most likely already taken, ...

but you just made my day :)
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: What’s new on the MiM?
Now we have had some posts about the team, entry requirements and a snapshot of the MiM2014 orientation, let me tell you about new updates to the programme for the Class of 2015!   Let me start by introducing our all singing, all dancing brochure (please note it will not sing or dance, but it […]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: LBS '16 (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Dear LBS, please, for the love of all which is holy, DO NOT send me an e-mail 2 days before decision that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrunoNovo wrote:
Dear LBS, please, for the love of all which is holy, DO NOT send me an e-mail 2 days before decision that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision...

I absolutely had heart failure for a moment then! Especially as it starts with 'Do you have what it takes...' but it was just an update about LBS!!!

2 days left :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts