Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 19:44 It is currently 22 May 2024, 19:44
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Fuqua ($) or CBS?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT Date: 12-20-2012
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: CBS vs Fuqua ($) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
qshdz wrote:
Hey Brian, you are pretty biased. You went to Duke and live in Chapel Hill, so of course you are going to favor Duke. Have you actually went to Columbia? If not, how can you say that Duke offers a stronger community?? At least my wife and I have been commuting for 2 years. One thing we find out is that lots of people in Raleigh are very 'local', they'd stay there and not wanting to pursue a life in big cities. They settle in Raleigh. It's very difficult to get out of there when you graduated. On the other hand, Columbia has a much diversified student body and you will find alums all over the world.

To OP, I do agree that you'll have a small debt if you go Duke, CBS just posted their 2014 tuition and it's $96k including living expense. I'm having a tough time to collect this amount. But to say that CBS only matters in Northeast is completely false. Actually, it is UNC (again, I don't know anything about Duke) graduates tend to stay in the south.

Brian, I guess you failed your marketing research class pretty bad because you not only used yourself as one example, you also never experienced Columbia and New York, I guess your information is all from reading the internet, enjoy your life in Raleigh.

Wow fella. Angry much?

A few points:

1. If you'll go back through this thread, you'll notice that NOT ONCE do I ever suggest to the OP that he/she should blindly pick Fuqua just because I went there or because I now have chosen to live in Chapel Hill.
2. When did I suggest that Fuqua has a better community?
3. When did I say anything about Raleigh? I would estimate I go to Raleigh perhaps 3-6 times per year.
4. You're guilty of a value judgment that there is no life outside of 'big cities.' Is this a proven fact?
5. You make sweeping statements about a school that you later admit ("I don't know anything about")
6. I never used myself as an example to influence/suggest any decisions for the OP.
7. I grew up 45 minutes outside of Manhattan and worked in Manhattan for 3+ years after undergrad.

I could go on -- but c'mon now. Let's not make it personal here -- and a at a minimum, let's actually read what other people have written and not make sweeping generalizations just because you are in the mood to do so.

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT Date: 12-20-2012
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
brianlange77 wrote:

Wow fella. Angry much?

A few points:

1. If you'll go back through this thread, you'll notice that NOT ONCE do I ever suggest to the OP that he/she should blindly pick Fuqua just because I went there or because I now have chosen to live in Chapel Hill.
2. When did I suggest that Fuqua has a better community?
3. When did I say anything about Raleigh? I would estimate I go to Raleigh perhaps 3-6 times per year.
4. You're guilty of a value judgment that there is no life outside of 'big cities.' Is this a proven fact?
5. You make sweeping statements about a school that you later admit ("I don't know anything about")
6. I never used myself as an example to influence/suggest any decisions for the OP.
7. I grew up 45 minutes outside of Manhattan and worked in Manhattan for 3+ years after undergrad.

I could go on -- but c'mon now. Let's not make it personal here -- and a at a minimum, let's actually read what other people have written and not make sweeping generalizations just because you are in the mood to do so.

-Brian

Hey dude, never personally attack someone and act all surprised when they come back and challenge you.

You started with nothing constructive, nor with any details, but to suggest me to take a marketing research class, is this the way you make contribution to the thread? Did I insult you in anyway? Besides, aren't we all drawing from our experiences as anecdotes? So you start to attack people personally when they don't agree with you?

I shared my background and experience and draw recommendations, you didn't share anything. Well you actually did share your background in this post. So why didn't you start with this post instead of attacking me?

To OP, looks like you chose CBS, congrats man. One thing I can say for sure is long-distance is very difficult, glad you can stay close to your family.

Originally posted by qshdz on 15 Mar 2014, 19:18.
Last edited by qshdz on 15 Mar 2014, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Apologies if my #Sarcasm didn't come through here. It's usually drippingly obvious.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts