Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Becoming a Holy Flack: One MBA’s Divinely Inspired Career

Fr. Manuel at Saint Clement Parish in Chicago in June 2013 (Photograph by John Zich via Businessweek)

“My classmates are going to be future business leaders, and that implies responsibility. If we who go to a school like Kellogg don’t come up with solutions, who will?” — Fr. Manuel Dorantes ’15

Learn more about Kellogg student Fr. Manuel Dorantes ’15, who is using his MBA in his new role as a liason to the Spanish-speaking media and the press office for the Holy See, in this article from Businessweek “Becoming a Holy Flack: One MBA’s Divinely Inspired Career.”

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: Catholic Church, MBA
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Becoming a Holy Flack: One MBA’s Divinely Inspired Career via Businessweek

Fr. Manuel at Saint Clement Parish in Chicago in June 2013 (Photograph by John Zich via Businessweek)

“My classmates are going to be future business leaders, and that implies responsibility. If we who go to a school like Kellogg don’t come up with solutions, who will?” — Fr. Manuel Dorantes ’15

Learn more about Kellogg student Fr. Manuel Dorantes ’15, who is using his MBA in his new role as a liason to the Spanish-speaking media and the press office for the Holy See, in this article from Businessweek “Becoming a Holy Flack: One MBA’s Divinely Inspired Career.”

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: Catholic Church, MBA
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Team Wins Deloitte Case Competition

On May 16, 2014, a team of interdisciplinary students from Northwestern won the 1st place prize at the Advance Degree Consulting Alliance: Deloitte Case Competition.

“My team did our best to “think bravely” by drawing on our diverse backgrounds to address a pressing problem: the undersupply of Maker’s Mark bourbon. Our four-man team was truly interdisciplinary and represented over eight advanced degrees from three of Northwestern’s graduate schools: Kellogg School, Northwestern Law and Feinberg Medical School. Our team included myself, JD-MBA ’16, Kieren Patel, PhD, JD-MBA ’16, Michael Jung, MD-MBA ’16, and Rushi Talati, MD ’17. The photo shows the team in action at 3 am during the morning of the competition at Weiboldt hall. Thanks to Kellogg’s stellar technology infrastructure, we were able to operate as an integral team despite me being 2000 miles away in Los Angeles.”

— Jesse Chang ’16

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Case Competition, Consulting, JD-MBA, MD-MBA
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innoblative Wins at Stanford BASES

Photo via @Innoblative

On May 20, 2014, Innoblative walked away winners of Best Medical Product at Stanford BASES Social E-Challenge. Congrats! Learn more about Innoblative:

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: competition, Innoblative, Startup
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Professor Florian Zettelmeyer Talks Big Data

Professor of Marketing Florian Zettelmeyer talks big data in the latest issue of Kellogg Magazine. Read more about how managers can maximize the power of analytics: https://kell.gg/1kGi22T

Filed under: Academics Tagged: analytics, big data
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Student Wins Origami Idea Challenge

Congrats to current JD-MBA Kellogg student Michael Denklau, who won a $50,000 prize based on his innovative investment proposal that focussed on asset liquidation at theOrigami Idea ChallengeLearn more.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Case Competition, JD-MBA
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Southeast Asia Global Initiatives in Management Trip: Part 1

The class of GIM Southeast Asia with Astra International’s Senior Executive Team in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Back in March, a group of Kellogg part-time students embarked on their Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) trip to Southeast Asia. This is part one in a three-part series from Kellogg student Mitch Colgan on his experiences meeting business leaders in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

When our bus rolled up to the suburban headquarters of Astra International in Jakarta, Indonesia, it was met with camera flashes, hosts dressed in traditional batik shirts and several video cameras. The team at Astra was happy to host us and not afraid to show it! We made our way into the building and started the visit with a tour of the Astra corporate museum. The museum used interactive touch screens and video cameras to showcase Astra’s business lines (automotive, heavy construction, agriculture, and more), and to emphasize the conglomerate’s commitment to developing Indonesia. After the tour, our class and the slew of cameramen followed our guides to a reception room where the Senior Executive Team of Astra hosted us for lunch and conversation around priorities for the emerging nation of Indonesia.

We were struck by the market potential of the world’s fourth-most populous nation as we learned about the success of several transplanted Western technology and social media companies. Our class learned many interesting facts about industry in Indonesia, but we learned even more about the business culture by observing the formality and respect that was palpable among the entire leadership team. After our group session, we took another formal group photo and Prijono Sugiarto, Astra’s CEO, exchanged gifts with our student leaders and class advisor. We ended the visit with a traditional Indonesian lunch, and the Astra camera crew followed us back to our bus, snapping photos and rolling video along the way.

Carla Edelston, our GIM class advisor, accepts a gift on behalf of the Kellogg School of Management from Prijono Sugiarto, CEO of Astra International

Mitch Colgan is a 2nd year student blogger who is majoring in international business, marketing and marketing management.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Asia, GIM, Part-time
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Southeast Asia Global Initiatives in Management Trip: Part 1

The class of GIM Southeast Asia with Astra International’s Senior Executive Team in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Back in March, a group of Kellogg part-time students embarked on their Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) trip to Southeast Asia. This is part one in a three-part series from Kellogg student Mitch Colgan on his experiences meeting business leaders in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

When our bus rolled up to the suburban headquarters of Astra International in Jakarta, Indonesia, it was met with camera flashes, hosts dressed in traditional batik shirts and several video cameras. The team at Astra was happy to host us and not afraid to show it! We made our way into the building and started the visit with a tour of the Astra corporate museum. The museum used interactive touch screens and video cameras to showcase Astra’s business lines (automotive, heavy construction, agriculture, and more), and to emphasize the conglomerate’s commitment to developing Indonesia. After the tour, our class and the slew of cameramen followed our guides to a reception room where the Senior Executive Team of Astra hosted us for lunch and conversation around priorities for the emerging nation of Indonesia.

We were struck by the market potential of the world’s fourth-most populous nation as we learned about the success of several transplanted Western technology and social media companies. Our class learned many interesting facts about industry in Indonesia, but we learned even more about the business culture by observing the formality and respect that was palpable among the entire leadership team. After our group session, we took another formal group photo and Prijono Sugiarto, Astra’s CEO, exchanged gifts with our student leaders and class advisor. We ended the visit with a traditional Indonesian lunch, and the Astra camera crew followed us back to our bus, snapping photos and rolling video along the way.

Carla Edelston, our GIM class advisor, accepts a gift on behalf of the Kellogg School of Management from Prijono Sugiarto, CEO of Astra International

Mitch Colgan is a 2nd year student blogger who is majoring in international business, marketing and marketing management.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Asia, GIM, global, Part-time
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Southeast Asia Global Initiatives in Management Trip: Part 2

The class of GIM Southeast Asia in the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur.

Back in March, a group of Kellogg part-time students embarked on their Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) trip to Southeast Asia. This is part two in a three-part series from Kellogg student Mitch Colgan on his experiences meeting business leaders in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. View part one.

Upon touching down at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (completing three of four successful Malaysia Airlines flights), our GIM class was excited to be on terra firma. Earlier that week, we fought the traffic in Jakarta and swam in the waters off of Langkawi, Malaysia. Now in Kuala Lumpur, we were ready to take in the sights, sounds and tastes of the city. The first thing we noticed as our bus neared the city was the stunning height and brilliance of the Petronas Towers. Standing 1,242 feet above ground, the 88-floor twin towers are a signal that Kuala Lumpur is a rising metropolis of the East.

The Petronas Towers soar 1,242 ft. above the bustling city of Kuala Lumpur.

While we enjoyed viewing the Petronas Towers from the ground, we were lucky enough to score a plenary meeting with Adif Zulkifli, a senior executive (and Kellogg alumnus) in a luxurious reception room in the Towers. During our session, we learned about the management challenges and benefits of operating a government-owned entity separate from the government hierarchy in order to maximize returns. We also discussed how Malaysia’s gasoline subsidies lead to overconsumption of gasoline and increased traffic in Kuala Lumpur. After learning about government intervention and deadweight loss in our core Microeconomics classes and witnessing the traffic in the city, we acknowledged the concerns and challenges of the relationship between the Malaysian government and Petronas. Other topics we discussed with Mr. Zulkifli included: management across borders and cultures, safety and environmental concerns, and Petronas’ efforts to holistically build Malaysia’s economy through education. After our meeting, we got to visit the observation deck at the top of the Petronas Towers to get a birds-eye of the rapidly developing city below.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Asia, GIM, global, Malaysia, Part-time
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (KIEI)

What does it take to turn a good idea into a viable company? Learn more about how Kellogg is answering this question and changing the way b-schools teach entrepreneurship through the Kellogg Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (KIEI) on Poets & Quants.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: entrepreneurship, Innovation, KIEI
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Southeast Asia Global Initiatives in Management Trip: Part 3

Students and alumni mingle with diplomats from the US Embassy to Singapore.

Back in March, a group of Kellogg part-time students embarked on their Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) trip to Southeast Asia. This is part two in a three-part series from Kellogg student Mitch Colgan on his experiences meeting business leaders in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

View part one, part two.

Kirk Wagar, the US Ambassador to Singapore, welcomed over 40 Kellogg students and expatriate alumni into his Singapore home for cocktails and dinner on Wednesday, March 26. The event was organized as part of the Kellogg GIM trip to Southeast Asia. Students and alumni got the chance to chat with several diplomats about global commerce, foreign investment and social policies.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: GIM, global, Part-time, Singapore
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday to DAK 2014 with Dean Sally Blount ’92, Dean of Students Betsy Ziegler & Assistant Dean of Admissions Kate Smith ’98! Share your own memories with #KelloggTBT on Instagram.

Filed under: Admissions, Student Life
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: KIN Global 2014: Change @ Scale

Dean Sally Blount ’92 speaks at KIN Global Conference. Learn about the student teams who explored how progress and change are scaled at this year’s #KINGlobalhttps://kell.gg/1tMchUW

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Conference, Growth, KIN Global, Scale
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innoblative Wins $28,000 at NUVC

Innoblative Designs won $20,000 for their first place win in the Life Sciences and Medical Innovation track at the Northwestern University Venture Challenge (NUVC) Thursday. They also won $8,000 for winning second place overall. Page Vault took first overall and won $25,000. Read more about NUVC in Chicago Blue Sky.

Read more about Innoblative:

Filed under: Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Case Competition, Innoblative, Startup
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Teams Win Big at NUVC

Kellogg team Page Vault took first place overall and won $26,000 at the Northwestern University Venture Challenge (NUVC) Thursday. Innoblative Designs also won $20,000 for their first place win in the Life Sciences and Medical Innovation track, as well as $8,000 for winning second place overall. Read more about NUVC in Chicago Blue Sky.

Read more about Kellogg startups, including Page Vault and Innoblative:

Filed under: Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Case Competition, Innoblative, Startup
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: 2014 Kellogg Leadership Awards
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 Kellogg Leadership Awards! The Kellogg Leadership Awards are a unique set of awards viewed by the school as among the most prestigious awards an individual student can win. For more information on the KLA awards, please see the Business Leadership Club website.

Kellogg Leadership Excellence Award: Matt Zafirovski

Kellogg Social Impact Award: Dominique Harris

Kellogg Innovation Award: Westin Hatch

Kellogg Brand Ambassador Award: Camiel Irving

Filed under: Student Life
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innoblative Wins at Medical Design Excellence Awards

Congratulations to Innoblative on another great win at the Medical Design Excellence Awards!

Learn more about Innoblative:

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: competition, Health Care, Innoblative, Startup
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts