Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [17]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Re: My journey from 600 to 710!! [#permalink]
Hi Paresh, thanks. My centre was next to Manipal centre, Bangalore. The ambience was great and suited for test taking, no disturbance or noise plus the staff was very cooperative

Hi Arun, thanks. You are quite right, and hard work certainly needs a good direction, which was undoubtedly provided to me by you and your team at Crack Verbal, thanks again :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats! I enjoyed reading your success story.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 275 [0]
Given Kudos: 537
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Congrats)) I would like to hear your opinion about SC section of real gmat. Did they differ significantly from the questions on gmat prep? I noticed that in gmatprep there is a lot of emphasis on idioms. But maybe I am wrong. THanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

Thanks. Yes i would say that the actual SC is more tough than the prep and the mock questions. Something i didnt see coming, and the last question of my verbal section was SC, and damn what a question it was , perhaps the toughest i would have come across. But at the same time, basing judgement on this alone is not right as lot many factors add up on the exam day which may make the question seem tougher

Yes mocks and prep have emphasis on S-V agreement and idioms, but i didnt see too much idiom usage on the actual GMAT. But then its always better to keep command on all the seven rules as you never know what you may get on the exam day and you really cannot predict a trend based on feedback from some candidates.

Keep in mind the order of rules you might want to check while attacking SC questions. Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Gaurav

Congrats on your score .

I have a question for you because guess what our story matches too much and its answer could be a great help to me . I am also an IIM guy (average IT male ) . After failing in CAT exam i was determined to score good in GMAT and enter into a good college . I prepared for 3 months for GMAT and scored between 650 - 700 in mocks .However when i gave the actual GMAT on 19th August 2014 , i got mere 600 marks and i reported my scores . Now from past 2 weeks i am shattered and all in alcohol . I needed some inspiration and your post has given me one .
I am determined to take a retake in 2 months from now . But one question is eating my head and it is putting brakes on my preparation . In retake are the GMAT marks are averaged out by colleges . If so even if i score full 800 , i cant get past 700 . This thought has gone into me and hampering my preparation .
Since you already gone through the retake phase , it will be a great help if you share some thoughts on this .

Thanks in advance

Mayank
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mayank dude relax and take it easy on the alcohol. If it makes you feel better, >80% of the applicants do not get their target scores in the first attempt

Coming to your query, no school takes the average, they will just consider the highest score of all retakes you have attempted and hence the lower ones dont matter. Hope that helps.As i said before, take it easy on yourself, catch up on a movie and with friends, devise a plan and implement it. You can consider joining one of the top coaching institutes if it helps. If you have any further questions, give a shout
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks Gaurav for your answers . Those were of great help .

Thanks Again
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts