Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 16:04 It is currently 07 May 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.06
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: DeGroote (McMaster University): Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi there,
Has anyone got through the MBA co-op program at DeGroote School of Business? What is the average GMAT score for International students at this program?
I know DeGroote School of Business pioneered the MBA co-op program and is the premier MBA co-op school in Canada but what are their job placements or rather co-op placements numbers like for International students?

Best Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for an interview for the Full Time MBA program at DeGroote. Can someone tell me what type of questions are asked in the interview. Although the interview will last for only 30 minutes, I would appreciate if someone can give me a fair idea of the questions that will be asked. I will have 4 years of experience by the time I commence by MBA journey. I have experience in both the IT sector and the Financial sector.

Will appreciate if I can get a quick response.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
supi12 wrote:
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for an interview for the Full Time MBA program at DeGroote. Can someone tell me what type of questions are asked in the interview. Although the interview will last for only 30 minutes, I would appreciate if someone can give me a fair idea of the questions that will be asked. I will have 4 years of experience by the time I commence by MBA journey. I have experience in both the IT sector and the Financial sector.

Thanks!

Congrats on the interview invite. From what I have heard, there are behavioral questions in the interview. I think a little research into standard behavioral questions will help you prepare. Are you an international applicant?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks omega11. Yes I am an International student. Does that affect on the interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Send PM
supi12 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks!

Hi,

How long after your submission of the application did you get the interview invite? I'm getting a little worried. Submitted the application on the 10th of February and there's been no news afterwards. I've got an admit into the Beedie School but I'm waiting for news from the others.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks!

Hi,

How long after your submission of the application did you get the interview invite? I'm getting a little worried. Submitted the application on the 10th of February and there's been no news afterwards. I've got an admit into the Beedie School but I'm waiting for news from the others.

Hi,

I submitted my application in last week of Jan. However, I completed the application on 6th Feb, since they had asked me to submit some more documents later. I got my interview call on 18th Feb. You can always drop them an email to check the status of your application. By the way, I have got my admission offer from DeGroote. Wish you the luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[/quote]
Hi,
I submitted my application in last week of Jan. However, I completed the application on 6th Feb, since they had asked me to submit some more documents later. I got my interview call on 18th Feb. You can always drop them an email to check the status of your application. By the way, I have got my admission offer from DeGroote. Wish you the luck![/quote]
Thanks and Congratulations! The school sent me a mail on the 24th of Feb showing all documents as received. So I guess that's the date that counts! :( I'll keep waiting!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
supi12 wrote:
Hi,
I submitted my application in last week of Jan. However, I completed the application on 6th Feb, since they had asked me to submit some more documents later. I got my interview call on 18th Feb. You can always drop them an email to check the status of your application. By the way, I have got my admission offer from DeGroote. Wish you the luck!

Hi,

How did your interview go? Hope it went well. I've been invited for the interview too. Could you please let me know the sort of questions that I could expect?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

How did your interview go? Hope it went well. I've been invited for the interview too. Could you please let me know the sort of questions that I could expect?

Thanks.

Interview went pretty well. It went on for about 25 minutes. The questions were all behaviour based, so just be who you really are. Prepare for what all have you done in your job (if you are experienced), how have you handled issues in job. Things like these. It shouldn't be a problem since the interview only assesses what you want in life and whether you are in sync with the goals you have set forth.

Can someone help me learn the job prospects of students who pursue a Full-Time MBA program at DeGroote. All I can find are stats of the Co-Op program? Really appreciate if someone can guide me where I can find the stats of Full-Time MBA program. Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
supi12 wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

Thanks.

Interview went pretty well. It went on for about 25 minutes. The questions were all behaviour based, so just be who you really are. Prepare for what all have you done in your job (if you are experienced), how have you handled issues in job. Things like these. It shouldn't be a problem since the interview only assesses what you want in life and whether you are in sync with the goals you have set forth.

Can someone help me learn the job prospects of students who pursue a Full-Time MBA program at DeGroote. All I can find are stats of the Co-Op program? Really appreciate if someone can guide me where I can find the stats of Full-Time MBA program. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the pointers! Hope you got your admit! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
supi12 wrote:

Just finished the interview and got my admit! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:

Anyone has information about when the school releases information regarding funding/scholarships? Anyone who has accepted their offer?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
supi12 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking are you a domestic applicant? And did you apply when you had a score of 560?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
omega11 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking are you a domestic applicant? And did you apply when you had a score of 560?

Hi,

Not at all! I'm an international applicant and applied with a score of 690.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATSmudge wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:

Anyone has information about when the school releases information regarding funding/scholarships? Anyone who has accepted their offer?
Thanks.

Not sure about the funding/scholarships, but I think that it will happen sometime in May, when they release the updated tuition fee for this year.
I will be accepting the offer soon. Need to pay CAD$1000 on June 1st to confirm my spot. Do you have any information about the job rate at DeGroote for the Full-Time program?
I couldn't really find any information regarding the same for the Full-Time program, although I could find information regarding the Co-Op program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
supi12 wrote:
Not sure about the funding/scholarships, but I think that it will happen sometime in May, when they release the updated tuition fee for this year.
I will be accepting the offer soon. Need to pay CAD$1000 on June 1st to confirm my spot. Do you have any information about the job rate at DeGroote for the Full-Time program?
I couldn't really find any information regarding the same for the Full-Time program, although I could find information regarding the Co-Op program.

Did you speak to the AdCom regarding this? I think that I will accept the offer too. Waiting for news from Sauder though. I did ask the AdCom during the interview about the job rate after graudation for international applicants and I was told that they do not specifically gather numbers regarding international applicants. I did see some numbers for the entire cohort someplace. Let me see if I can dig that up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hey people...
I have got my admit from degroote for the co op program for this fall....

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts