Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 02:55 It is currently 23 May 2024, 02:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which School To Pick?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Re: Ross vs. Johnson vs. Kenan Flagler ($) vs. Goizueta ($$) [#permalink]
UNCs $ is relatively insignificant but would look good on the resume.
Goizueta tuition difference plus $$ add up to a $60k difference total over 2 years vs. Ross or Johnson.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
WaitinginNY wrote:
UNCs $ is relatively insignificant but would look good on the resume.
Goizueta tuition difference plus $$ add up to a $60k difference total over 2 years vs. Ross or Johnson.

Posted from my mobile device

i hope they come back with some $ for you... if they dont, i wouldnt fault u for taking the money to emory. its a great school, also ranked top 20, that produces a lot of consultants.. they're clearly doing a lot to improve the school as well. the only school i might consider over it personally would be ross. you know what you want going in so i think u could pull out with a mbb position, although with some hustle you may be able to at emory as well. if you do decide on emory, consider that 60k(~100k pretax) your salary to hustle. and if you do decide on ross, make sure u seal the deal on that mbb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
WaitinginNY wrote:
So it is my turn to post a first world problem.

I got into Ross and Johnson with no money, and will be/am appealing at both (and $ could be the tie breaker here), and got some $ at Kenan Flagler, and $$ at Goizueta.
I want to go into Strategy consulting after MBA with MBB being the goal (but if I end up at Deloitte, ATKearney etc... I will not be dissapointed).

Johnson - Best fit culture wise, love the people, love the location, love the fit, and I think the Career center seems really personal and great.
However the consulting recruiting there seems weak with BCG not even present at all (that said I talked to an alumni who ended up working for BCG Internationally).

Ross- Great culture, great school, the MAP program seems exciting, all the consulting companies recruit there.
However it is big, and rankings have been slipping, also seems that while all the companies recruit there, all the students want to be consultants so a lot of competition.
The decrease in class size this year makes me a little bit happier.

Goizueta - $$ is always nice. Atlanta is a great town, and the culture is great. However it seems that getting MBB out of Goizueta is very very very hard.
Also seems Atlanta is the only option after graduation.

Kenan-Flagler - $ is nice, and STAR seems like a great program to put on your resume. Also location is wonderfull. Again MBB seems very hard to do.

In the end I think that it comes down to $ vs. opportunity, I think I am leaning towards Ross ($ from Johnson or Ross will definetly change my decision), but the $$ from Goizueta is hard to pass up, and Johnson's rise in rankings, and great culture are also amazing.

Any ideas, thoughts?

Would you mind sharing where you actually ended up?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts