Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 12:03 It is currently 19 May 2024, 12:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11686 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11686 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: The best GMAT courses in India [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi NonPlus,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional question, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1373 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Expert Reply
NonPlus wrote:
Anybody having any idea, is Jamboree, Noida worth joining ?

Hi NonPlus,

You need to build the concepts/fundamentals before you jump in solving the problems. You can do so by choosing one of the following ways:

1. In person classes/private tutoring
2. Online classes
3. Self paced online preparatory course
4. Book heavy approach

Whatever you choose, make sure that you choose one. Because GMAT tests you on some concepts and fundamentals that you can learn from a course. Most of the preparatory companies including ours offer a free trial of our course. You can take the trial and see if the course suits your needs.
In addition to the preparatory material, buy the Official Guides(both the Official Guide and the Verbal Review), Question Pack 1 and the 4 official mock CATs. They should be an indispensable part of your preparation.

You need close to 3 months to prepare well for the GMAT.

1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase two more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7672 [0]
Given Kudos: 216
Send PM
Hi,

If you are planning on starting with your GMAT prep, I would advise that you block 3 months on your calendar towards your prep.

Start first by taking a GMAT mock test (you can download this from mba.com) and look at how you perform on the test. Most students end up doing better on Quant than on Verbal. Once you have figured out what your pain points are, you can look for course options.

At CrackVerbal, we have designed a watered-down version of our online course to help students make the right decision.

You can sign up for the Trial membership where you will get access to videos on: https://gmatonline.crackverbal.com/

1) How to manage Time on the GMAT
2) What are the best materials to use for GMAT prep
3) How to identify the Subject Verb concept in Sentence Correction
4) How to avoid the 5 traps in Critical Reasoning
5) How to overcome the 5 challenges on Reading Comprehension
6) What strategy to use on Problem solving and Data Sufficiency on the GMAT

Once you have watched these videos, you will get a rough idea about the GMAT and will also be able to make a much informed decision about joining a GMAT course!

Hope this helps:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
WE:Business Development (Education)
Send PM
Hello buddy,

My advise is there are many online based servises available.Just signup for free and take one week subscription and analyse different courses.Take the one which you like.
For example magoosh,Optimus prep are cheaper and has video classes whereas Economist has question and answer based interactive classes.
So try different courses and chose accordingly.

For offline,Upto my Knowledge Princeton is doing good. Gyaan one is also good but make sure they are available in your location.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Send PM
Hello,

Not sure what exactly are you looking for classroom course or online course?

I have signed up for Experts Global Online course and because of my work and travel, the online course made perfect sense and another reason being “time crunch”. I do not have time to scan through multiple books for each of the test sections. So here are a few options based on my research and preferences…

Experts’ Global

e-GMAT

Magoosh

Byju’s

With the advent of technology, most of the prominent GMAT prep companies have started offering online courses, realising that the brick-mortar model is in trouble. The companies mentioned above started off within the last ~10 years have started with the online model itself. Of these, the program that stands out in my opinion is the Guidance Program by Experts’ Global. The beauty of their program is that…

1) It is complete in every sense. No other resources are needed. Their study material is complete in every sense and segregated into stages of preparation. 15 mock tests by them are probably the best in the industry.

2) Personalization. A study plan (stage wise) is prepared after a thorough analysis of one’s strengths/weaknesses/progress.

3) A combination of self-preparation along with guidance. Their recorded video sessions are illustrative and complete study material has detailed explanations, making everything self-explanatory. The study plans, email/phone support, and weekly doubt solving sessions bring in the guidance bit. Hence, it is neither a typical ‘online tutoring program’ nor a ‘correspondence program’. One can study in one’s own comfort and in case of any guidance needed, the help is not far.

4) An exhaustive test series. 15 tests with all four sections and with video solutions. The scoring is a fair representative of the real GMAT level. Rigorous practice is an important part and this course from Experts’ Global ensures that the student is never short of mock tests.

Hence, in my opinion, Experts’ Global’s GMAT Guidance Program is a compelling option that you may want to consider. Here is the link to the course: www.expertsglobal.com/gmat-guidance-program

However, please conduct adequate research on all options and go with the one that you feel most inspired for.

Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot