Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 13:55 It is currently 21 May 2024, 13:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation #IndianStudent #2ndMBA [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Great. I doubt the entrance exam for the first MBA will make a huge difference (since not everyone has it, they can't compare) but it is impressive so I would try to work it in as a bullet point on your resume. The international experience you mentioned is great, and I would find a way to highlight that too on your resume.

Aside from GMAT and nailing down your why MBA / personal goal story, focus on being a high perfomer / leader at work. Is a promotion possible? Can you volunteer for any high-profile projects or lead any work committees / task forces? Anything else that could separate you from your work peers? Outside of work, depending on how involved you are now with the NGOs you mentioned, you could increase your involvement or volunteer to lead something to demonstrate leadership and community involvement. That is something that Indian applicants often don't have a lot of so anything you can add to there could help to stand out, especially if it's related to your passion for FinTech.

Otherwise, focus on researching your target schools, engaging with them (webinars, chats, etc.), visiting (not sure if this is possible), arranging meetings with local alums, etc. That could make a difference and will certainly help you to write better essays when it comes time!

Good luck!
Kate

abso44 wrote:
Thank you for replying Kate.

I do get that getting a high GMAT score is essential and will definitely work towards that. Does it in any way help (or is it worth mentioning) that while writing the admissions test for my first MBA, I was in the top 0.02 percentile of the test takers in the country (India in this case and the entrance exam is CAT)

also, international experience - I have traveled abroad (London and New York) for work as well as conferences / meetings for a total of about 8-9 months in the last 3 years. Is that enough to be meaningful?

I'll work on the GMAT and the question on the second MBA but is there anything else I can do in the next 6 months to improve my chances of getting in?

Many thanks.
Moderator:
1457 posts