Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 18:16 It is currently 17 May 2024, 18:16
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good question about your goals...as far as I know most schools don't pool you based on your career goals (partly because they recognize those may change once you get there!). They are looking to see that you are thinking about your goals realistically and have done your research about what's required to make that transition. So definitely make sure you show how your past experience translates and what resources you will take advantage of at each school to land that job.

Hope this helps!
Kate

Mb430 wrote:
Kate - thank you for the reply

I will be able to get a recommendation from my current employer.

Quick question on my future goal: If I state this as my career goal, will adcoms be skeptical of whether or not I will be achieve my goal and admit someone who has technical experience over me? I'm not sure if adcoms pool prospective students based on career goals and favor those who are most likely to achieve those.

With that being said, I think I will be able to leverage my past experience and network extensively to land a job at one of those companies. However, drive and determination aren't always seen on paper so I wouldn't want that to hurt my chances.

Appreciate all the insight

Posted from my mobile device
Moderator:
1456 posts