Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 19:46 It is currently 04 May 2024, 19:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1212 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Gamjatang,

Wish you luck for your interview at GSM.

You can also apply to Bimba, the application deadline is May, 31st :wink:
Classes start on June, 13th.

Have you applied to SEM or CEIBS ?

The Peking University campus is very big. Bimba is at the opposite side of GSM.

If you get a chance to come to Beijing, feel free to contact me.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
Value Considerations

Tuition: $25,000 (International Students for all 18 months)

https://www.ceibs.edu/mba/admissions/exp ... ndex.shtml

Tuition is now $27,500 (International student for all 18 months)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yesterday I had an interview with CEIBS. The interview went smooth, I guess. When I was asked if I have any question about the shcool, I asked what plans they have to be among the world top business schools. What they answered is that they have a step-by-step plan. It's been only about 10 years since they first came out to the world, and in this short period they made a BIG progress. Yet they want to *stablize* their foundation in Asia. When everything is ok to go to the next step, they will emerge to the world-best b-school market. I guess this is quite convincing, taking into consideration what is happening around them now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Gamjatang,

Any news regarding your admission to GSM ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1125 [0]
[#permalink]
I just got back from a vacation to Shanghai and had a chance to visit CEIBS. I visited on a Monday afternoon and spoke to a EMBA counselor, he was very helpful.

I liked the school and the environment but I wish the school were more international (I probably only saw 1 or 2 int'l student while I were there).
Another interesting note, they offer an entrance exam in lieu of the GMAT, the format is similar but without the AWA :)

I may apply at the end of this year.........
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I just heard about my admission at the HKU MBA (the partnership program with London Business School) :). I have also applied to HKUST but I havent heard from them yet. I am not too familiar with the Hong Kong MBA scene. Would any of you happen to know which school is better- HKU or HKUST? I am a bit confused, since chances are that I may also get into HKUST! HKUST ranks 47th in the FT 2006 rankings. HKU is not yet ranked since the program is just 4 years old, and would be allowed to participate in the FT Rankings only after another year I guess.

My main concern is, given the fact that I am not chinese, would it be really difficult for me to find a job in HK if I complete my MBA from HKU?

My profile:
Age 24
Nationality: Indian
Work ex: 3 years at DE Shaw & Co. (A leading Hedge fund.)
GMAT 660
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Gordon wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just heard about my admission at the HKU MBA (the partnership program with London Business School) :). I have also applied to HKUST but I havent heard from them yet. I am not too familiar with the Hong Kong MBA scene. Would any of you happen to know which school is better- HKU or HKUST? I am a bit confused, since chances are that I may also get into HKUST! HKUST ranks 47th in the FT 2006 rankings. HKU is not yet ranked since the program is just 4 years old, and would be allowed to participate in the FT Rankings only after another year I guess.

My main concern is, given the fact that I am not chinese, would it be really difficult for me to find a job in HK if I complete my MBA from HKU?

My profile:
Age 24
Nationality: Indian
Work ex: 3 years at DE Shaw & Co. (A leading Hedge fund.)
GMAT 660

Hi Gordon,

I'm not really familiar with the HK programs but I've spoken to several int'l students at CEIBS and they told me they had difficulties finding a job because they did not speak mandarin and because of salary expectations.

But I know CEIBS has a 4-week intense mandarin course for int'l students so that may help a little bit.

Again, this is just for CEIBS so it may not apply to HK MBAs :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks TeHCM,

That was my biggest concern, since in the end it all boils down to getting the job you want after having done so much hard work!!

Now I am having second thoghts about HKU, but I should find out a bit more from current students if possible. I will update here as soon as I find something. I am sure people here (especially indians) would like to have this information.

Thanks again TeHCM,

Gordon
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Gordon wrote:
Thanks TeHCM,

That was my biggest concern, since in the end it all boils down to getting the job you want after having done so much hard work!!

Now I am having second thoghts about HKU, but I should find out a bit more from current students if possible. I will update here as soon as I find something. I am sure people here (especially indians) would like to have this information.

Thanks again TeHCM,

Gordon

Yes, the best bet is to talk to current students.

Also, all the int'l students that I talked to said that the career center at CEIBS is sub-par and this is the one thing that CEIBS is working on. However, I think if you don't rely too much on the career center but are agressive naturally, you may be able to find jobs through networking and other means as well.

Will be interesting to hear your feedback
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I found this blog which is certainly not encouraging (maybe just because of the language). Its written by an existing INDIAN student at HKU. Please read the secon dwriteup titled "Placements at APAC B schools - Difference between Perception and reality?"

https://pravinmba.blogspot.com/

Other than this I asked one of my friends who passes out from Nanyang in 04. Below is the response from some of his friends!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vikram,

I sent your query in our group, and this is the reply from one of my batchmates. Now, this guy has done a good research on the institutes - so he is pretty knowledgeable about the ranks and all that... but again, you certainly need to weigh job outcomes from HK as well whether they are really brighter ??? Ease of living and cost are certainly in favor of Singapore..

I would suggest if you bend towards HK, talk to alumni there or people there and get more clarity on this... You can always defer the decision for Nanyang for couple of weeks or so.. --- they are adjusting people --just request them ....(if you want to..)

From my side - I would specifically try to email to some other people to get more inputs, if I can..

Let me know ...

all the best,

-abhimanyu

Subject: Re: [ntumba2003] FW: NTU-MBA

I would rank -
1. HKUST
2. HKU
3. NUS and NTU

Reason:

1. HKUST has a very strong brand name not only in Asia
but also in Europe and the US. Most of the professors
have had their doctoral degrees in some of the top US
schools. If I am not mistaken, HKUST has some sort of
tie up with Columbia Business School in the US.
Columbia is consistently recognized as one of the best
place to carve out a career in management concluting
and investment banking. If he is able to leverage this
connection, then KHUST wins hands down.

2. HKU because of its allaince with LBS. LBS's MS
program in finance is one of the best in the world
(because of its connections with leading I-banking
firms, LSE and others). I am not quite sure about the
extent to which such an allaince would directly help
him, but it if does, this choice also scores pretty
high.

3. I really feel there will not be much of a
difference between NUS and NTU.

Of what i have read and heard, HK is certainly a much
vibrant place of a finance career than singapore.

Abhi.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does anyone know the best way to finance an education at CEIBS for a non-chinese person? I read on their website that they only give out around 3 scholarships and only Chinese may take loans to pay for college. What do the foreigners do? Plunk down 30,000 USD out of their pocket all in one go, not to mention the living expenses? Are there any other options?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: CEIBS [#permalink]
OLD SKOOL REVIVAL BUMPPPP!!!

Anybody applying to CEIBS or HKUST or MBAs in Asia, please contribute more info!!! thx!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: CEIBS [#permalink]
   1   2