Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 19:55 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 19:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1115 [0]
Given Kudos: 1761
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Should i retake GMAT? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ryan.s94 wrote:
Tested GMAT 3 weeks ago, score was not impressive.
Scored 710 (91%) V40 (91%) Q48(69%) IR 8(93%) AWA 5.5(80%)
Graduated with a bachelor in business with highest honor and a master degree within four years at a top 20 university GPA3.85/4.00
ranks top 5% of the class, dean's list every semester, Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi, Omicron Delta Epsilon
Currently working in top3 US investment bank with 2 years of experience
Solid community service, involved in firm recruiting and intern mentoring, part of alumni interviewer for my undergrad college and other EC

Want to target top10 MBA programs for fall 2018.

Should I retake GMAT to improve my chances???

Thanks!

The fact that you say that the score was “not impressive” tells me you think you could have done better or were expecting to do better. For that reason alone, I would say “yes, you should retake” because even though your profile looks decent enough, you want to feel like you gave the application process your all, and really did everything you could in order to get into the best possible school for you.

(If you want, you can also try our admission chances calculator in order to see what your chances for specific schools are, as that might also make it easier to make a decision: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/)

Good luck!

JL
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Should i retake GMAT? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ryan.s94 wrote:
Graduated with a bachelor in business with highest honor and a master degree within four years at a top 20 university GPA3.85/4.00
ranks top 5% of the class, dean's list every semester, Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi, Omicron Delta Epsilon
Solid community service, involved in firm recruiting and intern mentoring, part of alumni interviewer for my undergrad college and other EC

Thanks!

Hello Ryan.s94,

It almost goes without saying that you have a very strong profile :)

Having said the above, if you are targeting the top 10 MBA programs, you must definitely look at re-taking the GMAT (especially since it seems like you were expecting a higher score) This will further boost your chances. :)

All the best!
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34728 [0]
Given Kudos: 5812
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ryan.s94 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi

You can improve your quant t0 50 which will boost your score upto 740 and for top 10 business school 730+ is more favorable

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2873 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Ryan.s94 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

I think you have an amazing profile and 710 is a phenomenal score. I think you will be able to make it to your dream business school provided you focus on and present a strong application. I have seen many applicants who had a lower GMAT score than yours; however they were admitted in Top 10 schools. Try to make your application as strong as possible.

If, however you feel comfortable giving another attempt, you have a good enough time between now round 2 to improve your score. If you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Bot