Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4560 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE:Education (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Study Guides [#permalink]
On eBay, for $100, I bought 3 lightly used book lots: 1) VPrep set, 2) MPrep set, and 3) the last 3 OG editions. (Bonus: the MPrep books, and the OG books, all had valid computer access codes! No such codes for VPrep books.) The MPrep books are also superior to VPrep's, because MPrep books include the solutions -- VPrep books do not. A student must pay to access the VPrep solutions. I am using the $49 MPrep Navigator to work through the OG problems and the bonus problems (that I accessed with the valid computer codes). The MPrep solutions offer a slightly different approach to the questions, compared to the OG solutions. It seems prep materials, such as books and videos, are dated -- about 5-years old, but so is the OG. Take advantage of all the free 5-day and 7-day access. Happy prepping!
examPAL Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Study Guides [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi there

Sherman is it?

Like Rich said, moving from 400's to 600's is a challenge and will require your time and efforts.

If are looking for free videos, I humbly suggest you try examPAL. The lessons are completely free for everyone, and not under any 'free trial' restriction.
Not using books is the right choice. If you think about it, the GMAT is a computer adaptive test, and the chance a book will get you ready for a computer adaptive test is very slim. The adaptiveness of a course is really important and can save you a lot of time and get you where you want to be faster.
Dave from examPAL wrote about it here: https://exampal.com/gmat/blog/books-will-never-prepare-you-for-gmat/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sherman, I agree w/Erez. examPal is different. You get 30 free credits to use for solving problems, etc. I like the "credits" system of billing; however, I can't figure out how to pay for just 50 or 100 credits. (That really needs to happen.) Otherwise, it is $439 for 1000 credits. But, you do get free access to the entire course! I like the CAT method of testing and the PAL method of solving problems. Overall, a very nice addition to study with inexpensive prep books from eBay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Found the other prices. 30credits/$29. 100c/$65. 250c/$125. Again, not bad.
examPAL Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
RigelKent wrote:
Found the other prices. 30credits/$29. 100c/$65. 250c/$125. Again, not bad.

I'm glad you could find it. Saw your other post about you helping your son. I think it's really cool that you do that and I think you'll have a lot to share with the community after your son takes the GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot