Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 21:00 It is currently 14 May 2024, 21:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Finished Reading MGMAT and Magoosh Videos, now what? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi m94m,

"Review" is an exceptionally important part of the GMAT training process - so you should plan to do a full review of each CAT that you take (with the goal of determining WHY you're getting questions wrong). While a full CAT Analyzer or Mistake Tracker would provide a lot more information, there are certain basic questions that you should be able to answer after reviewing each CAT (and the more exact you can be with your answers the better).

After reviewing each section of your last CAT, how many questions did you get wrong....
1) Because of a silly/little mistake?
2) Because there was some math/verbal that you just could not remember how to do?
3) Because the question was too hard?
4) Because you were low on time and had to guess?
5) How many Verbal questions did you 'narrow down to 2 choices' but still get wrong?

Based on some of the goals that you mentioned in your prior posts, I have one additional question about your timeline/plan:
6) If you scored 640 in 3 weeks, would you be 'done' with the GMAT or would you continue studying?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi m94m,

"Review" is an exceptionally important part of the GMAT training process - so you should plan to do a full review of each CAT that you take (with the goal of determining WHY you're getting questions wrong). While a full CAT Analyzer or Mistake Tracker would provide a lot more information, there are certain basic questions that you should be able to answer after reviewing each CAT (and the more exact you can be with your answers the better).

After reviewing each section of your last CAT, how many questions did you get wrong....
1) Because of a silly/little mistake?
2) Because there was some math/verbal that you just could not remember how to do?
3) Because the question was too hard?
4) Because you were low on time and had to guess?
5) How many Verbal questions did you 'narrow down to 2 choices' but still get wrong?

Based on some of the goals that you mentioned in your prior posts, I have one additional question about your timeline/plan:
6) If you scored 640 in 3 weeks, would you be 'done' with the GMAT or would you continue studying?

Rich

I would say between 5-10 were from silly little mistakes that are easily fixed from just going over the answer.

I wouldn't say I forget things, I just struggle with determining where and how to start. I have a quant background and I am native English speaker, so I am not finding the material difficult, just struggle with where to begin and figuring out what the question is asking. Which I think can be fixed just by doing questions and learning the answers.

I was never time constrained, finished with 20 and 25 minutes left in verbal and quant sections. Maybe if I focussed some more time on questions I straight up guessed I could have got a couple more questions right.

My critical reasoning and sentence correction are very good, I struggle with reading comp because I cant focus and get distracted reading the long passages.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi m94m,

To provide you with the most appropriate advice, I'm really going to need exact answers to all of my questions - and your last post didn't provide those answers. It is worth noting that finishing the Quant and Verbal sections 20+ minutes EARLY is NOT a good thing. By slowing down, doing more work (on the PAD) and putting in a bit more effort, you almost certainly could have picked up points in both sections.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot