Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 17:58 It is currently 04 May 2024, 17:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I sincerely think that you are overreacting to a bad grade. I took the Pearson's GMAT two weeks ago and scored 99 percentile in verbal. I found verbal extremely easy. I ended up with thirty minutes to spare. I am not a native speaker and all the preparation I did was to go over the OG verbal questions once.

Now Quant... yes I found quant harder than I had expected,

If you want my sincere opinion the Pearson's test is about equal to ETS in verbal but harder in quant.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'll jump in on this...

I worked on my SC and took my verbal scores from 34-36 to 42-46. I took the real exam today and got a 45 verbal (99%). I'm convinced sentence correction was the key. If you are looking for 'bang for the buck' on verbal, focus on SC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am a non-native speaker, although I have lived here for the last 14 years. I took the GMAT less than a week ago and I got 39. While this is not a stellar score, I am happy with it.

First off, I think GMATPrep is exactly like Pearson's GMAT. I was always averaging 39 - 41 on the GMATPrep and 39 is exactly the score I got.

The questions didn't seem any more difficult than the ones I found in the Official Guide. My friend teaches the GMAT for the Princeton Review and he gave me just two tips to use on the SC:

1) Look for grammatical errors (idioms, modifiers, etc)
2) pick the most concise one that does not change the meaning

I do agree that CR questions are pretty difficult, but they are also difficult in the GMATPrep and the Official Guide... Sometimes the "assumption" questions lift things straight from the reading portion (which, in my opinion, is no longer an "assumption" and a "reasoning" or a "fact")... basically CR has it's own language... but MGMAT is very helpful with this.

For me, I found the RC portion to be the section to really boost my Verbal score, then the SC portion, then CR.

Overall, I found the Official Guide and the GMATPrep to accurately reflect the types of questions you will get on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My June 29th 2006 experience: verbal WAY tougher than expected (I had never been challenged in this section before, even during my so-called «Kaplan Premium Prep»), and the quantitative WAY easier than anticipated (with obvious upper sets of question), maybe because that's where I had mainly put all my focus & energy.

It seems that the difficulty level in Pearson View testing varies a lot from one person to another, whereas in previous exams (ETS) the average results were flatter maybe!?

Second take formula for success:

[(RC + CR + SC) x 1000 + KAPLAN + LSAT + EXPERIENCE]^10 / (-STRESS FACTOR)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i ve seen a couple of posters here mention that sc and cr are weighted more than sc. Is this just a hunch or someone has access to gmat weightage in verbal... like to know...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pearson verbal is exactly the same as GMATPrep. Nothing to get worked up about. It is true that new SC may test some more subtle errors occasionally but this is also true of GMATPrep. By the way I took ETS and Pearson tests
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's interesting. Does that mean that now SC includes some critical reasoning components because of the subtle differences in meaning, rather than just straight grammar correction?

Several people have commented that it is exactly like the GMATprep software, so if that is the case, then I guess that should be fine. I think most people are afraid that they will be hit with something completely new on test day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
GMATPrep [#permalink]
Hi,

Can I find the GMATPrep somewhere on the web for free? I don't want to pay 75$ for it

Thansk
GMAT Club Bot
GMATPrep [#permalink]