Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 15:55 It is currently 14 May 2024, 15:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1542 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
HATS OFF to you Budyy !!! [#permalink]
I think you have a decent score and since you are an enterpreanuer, some top BS are always on the outlook for such wizkids who have the capability to take business risks to widen the class experience .

My hats off to you for being so honest and clear.It is more important being satisfied with your efforts than scores.Anyway scores are just numbers for academic interest ,in the real world only the street smart survive.

Best wishes ,

Sanjiv.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
what books did u use? [#permalink]
Do you mind listing what books you used.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The books that I used were: The OG, Arco GMAT and Kaplan 800. By far the best was the OG, but the problem with this is that it is not a good intro to the GMAT because when you work out the answers it will contaminate your PowerPrep score because they are the same questions. I started off with Arco and because I did not know any better I thought that it was OK and all in all it was BUT one thing that was much different was their approach to the CR questions. The Arco CR questions are kinda like the logic games found in the LSAT, which is fine because any practice is better than no practice at all, but they are different. Plus, be forewarned that the Arco CAT test questions are included in the book so you would run into the same contamination problem as with the OG/ PP. I took the last Arco CAT 2 days before the GMAT and got a 580-600, so it turned out to be a pretty good indicator of my overall preformance. As far as the Kaplan 800 I did not feel it was worth the money. The posts on this site helped me get into the head of the CAT better than any book (period) :!:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How many OG problems did you do [#permalink]
I have been mainly doing problems from Kaplans workbook because of the problem you mentioned about contamination.

Do you think it's better to use Kaplans problems or use both.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How many OG problems did you do [#permalink]
I have been mainly doing problems from Kaplans workbook because of the problem you mentioned about contamination.

Do you think it's better to use Kaplans problems or use both.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wiseguy,

From what I could tell about some of the Kaplan questions was that they are very similar to the actual GMAT questions, the ones in the OG at least (sometime very, very similar). The only reason why I did not think that it was worth the money for the 800 version is that the explanations are no more in depth, in my opinion, than the other books that I saw. But I do recommend doing your absolute best to not expose yourself to any of the questions that you might run across in your practice CATs, so it seems as though you have the right strategy. Good luck!!!

Chris
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Permuations, Probability, Verbal [#permalink]
What source did you find gave you the best verbal preperation. Also did you see many permutation, probability or combinations and if so what did you use as your source.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Scoring [#permalink]
Hi,

How weird, I got a total 73 (V27/Q46) and I scored a 600. How ETS arrives to our final score remains a mystery....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

How weird, I got a total 73 (V27/Q46) and I scored a 600. How ETS arrives to our final score remains a mystery....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37423 posts