Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 12:26 It is currently 18 May 2024, 12:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1335 [1]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63916 [3]
Given Kudos: 1789
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1335 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 65349 [2]
Given Kudos: 431
Send PM
Re: Accept Score on Test Day -> Cancel later -> Can reinstate? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:
I have a few quick questions regarding my score cancellation:

1) Is there a way to see the score later if you cancel your score at the end of the test?

2) If you accept the score after the test and then cancel it online later within 72 hours, can you still reinstate it later before the mentioned time ("Canceled scores can be reinstated up to four years and 11 months of the exam")? GMAT's page (https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/after-th ... gmat-score) doesn't really talk about this scenario though I think it should be ok. I would appreciate if someone could confirm that.

3) I wanted some advice on my plan. I've taken GMAT twice so far. I cancelled my score for 1st attempt and kept my score from 2nd attempt (670). I have my 3rd attempt this week and I was planning to keep the accept the score at the end of the test irrespective of my performance so that I can get to keep the unofficial score report. If I score higher than my last attempt but still don't get my target score, I will think of cancelling it within 72 hours and then keep re-taking the test until I hit my desired range. While applying for schools after taking my 4th attempt or more, I would decide then if I should apply with my 2nd and 4th attempt scores only or I should also include my 3rd attempt by re-instating it at that time. I'll go with the scenario that would make my application look better. I don't want business schools to discount my scores just because I have more accepted scores. What's a good to approach to this? VeritasKarishma GMATNinja

Thanks!

Here is how it happens:

At the end of the test, you get an option to accept/cancel score. If you do within 2 mins, great, else it is cancelled - no charge.

If you accept the score, they wait for 72 hrs before sending out your score report to schools. Within these 72 hrs, you can choose to cancel the score for a fee.
If you buy an additional score report (to send to additional schools) within these 72 hrs, you cannot cancel the score anymore.

If you do cancel the score, you can reinstate anytime in 4 years 11 months from test date. That is when your score report is sent to the schools you selected. Hence, cancellation after that may not be possible.

I would assume that you can cancel-reinstate-cancel-reinstate within the first 72 hrs without any repercussions (except the financial loss) but I haven't known anyone to do that. As GMATNinja pointed out above, it is not really worth your energy.

Go with a plan e.g.
A score above 670 - ok
660 - 670 with a more balanced Q/V split than before - ok
All others - not ok
Then stick to the plan you chalk out. There is nothing to decide at the test centre or later. All decisions need to be made before going to the test centre. Since you already have a back up score of 670, I don't see why you would need to reinstate the new score if you do need to cancel it in the first place.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Accept Score on Test Day -> Cancel later -> Can reinstate? [#permalink]