Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling Haskayne (Calgary) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
DALJITSINGH wrote:
What is the GMAT cut off.
Does it offer any PhD program in business management.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey,

Thanks for your interest in Haskayne. There are no strict rules regarding the GMAT Cut-off. It depends on your overall profile.
Although most of the applicants have scores above 550 for the MBA Program.
It's usually a lot higher for the PHD Programs.

There are PHD Programs in Business. If it's Business Management you are particularly looking for, I would have to get back to you on that.

Thanks,
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling Haskayne (Calgary) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Hello Guys,
Has anyone been accepted for fall 2019 to Haskayne School of Business?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GPA: 4
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I’ve been. Let me know if you require any information

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
aviral1392 wrote:
I’ve been. Let me know if you require any information

Hey there. I will be applying to both UofC and UofA, curious to know what your work experience profile is like when you applied. Also, what's your general consensus on UofC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I come from an extensive oil and gas background. I’ve worked for 5 years as a petroleum geologist and handled various businesses in India’s largest organisation.

For me, MBA is all about networking and growing my managerial skills especially in energy sector. UofC offers a proper platform to hone these skills. Personally for me, geography played a vital role too in deciding B-School. I’d grow my career in Calgary.

On the downside, if you’d like to target top consulting firms like MBB then colleges in the East should be your first preferences.

Rest, if you’d like to connect with me then kindly shoot me a text/ https://gmatclub.com/chat at +14038908207.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 3: 640 Q48 V31
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone recieved an interview invite from Haskayne after January?

I have applied on 1 week of February, and I am yet to hear from them.

Does Haskayne ever rejected candidate without interviewing as it is mentioned in website only eligible candidate after initial screening will receive invite?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
arunshankarkkkk wrote:
Hi,

Does Haskayne ever rejected candidate without interviewing as it is mentioned in website only eligible candidate after initial screening will receive invite?

Yes i received an invite in feb for interview and received offer two weeks later. I applied on jan 15th. So youll hear from them anytime next week for an interview hopefully.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 3: 640 Q48 V31
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.So by Jan 15th you have sent all your document including GMAT score and transcript?

If you don’t mind, Kindly share your profile.

Regards,
Arun Shankar S.A.M.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

It usually takes 8-12 days for them to respond after you’ve submitted your application including transcripts, GMAT score and essays.
If you want to know more then kindly shoot me a message at +14038908207 and I’ll add you to a https://gmatclub.com/chat group.

All the best

Regards
Aviral B.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would like to know the opinion about the Project Management specialization in MBA ? Is it as good as their GEMS program?

What are the prospects of getting a return on the investment in monetary terms when choosing Project Management, considering the fact that Calgary has the most number of Company HQ(s) per capita in the country?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Anyone going to the Welcome BBQ next week?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone with an admit from Haskayne School of Business, U of Calgary?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
aviral1392 wrote:
I come from an extensive oil and gas background. I’ve worked for 5 years as a petroleum geologist and handled various businesses in India’s largest organisation.

For me, MBA is all about networking and growing my managerial skills especially in energy sector. UofC offers a proper platform to hone these skills. Personally for me, geography played a vital role too in deciding B-School. I’d grow my career in Calgary.

On the downside, if you’d like to target top consulting firms like MBB then colleges in the East should be your first preferences.

Rest, if you’d like to connect with me then kindly shoot me a text/ https://gmatclub.com/chat at +14038908207.

Hello

Would you or anyone else here know if there is a topic for the Haskayne Class of 2021 (Sep) intake? I've applied and currently waiting on their response. Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 255
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V32
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Deepikadamodharan wrote:
arunshankarkkkk wrote:
Hi,

Yes i received an invite in feb for interview and received offer two weeks later. I applied on jan 15th. So youll hear from them anytime next week for an interview hopefully.

Hi,
Great to know that you got the offer letter. I submitted all my documents on January and recently submitted my IELTS score.
What sort of interview is it? A formal one where you need to wear a suit and all? What sort of questions do they ask? May I know your GMAT score?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Haskayne(Calgary) Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Haskayne(Calgary) Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Haskayne(Calgary) Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Haskayne(Calgary) Forum to dive into all things related to Haskayne(Calgary)'s MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts