Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 08:19 It is currently 03 May 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 785 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3905 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You've mentioned MGMT math, is that inclusive of all the books?? I'm already using the sentence correction and it's pretty good too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wonderful.....

Congratulations. :musband
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What about the Manhat GMAT Online Challenges?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The MGAT only challenges were TOO hard.. They were not useful .. I started using them but found them to be to difficult and most of the questions do not seem like typical GMAT quant questions (even at the 50+) level.. Maybe if you want over a 50, they might be somewhat useful..

Waste of money actually for me (though I have all the MGMAT books and online tests which were definitely worth it).. I found them MGAT challenges before the GMAT club challengs and if I had found the online challenges here, I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on the MGAT challenges.. It boils down to being able to do 37 questions in 75 minutes.. Nothing beats the GMAT club challenges or an actual test for these items... I think some of the GMAT club challenges are way too hard or non-GMAT type questions but i was able to learn a lot from doing them or from reviewing the answers so it was helpful.. Whereas some of the MGMAT were arcane and learning the solution didn't seem as if it would help on the GMAT..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 993 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Woooohoooo, Great, congratulations :banana
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Here's your 700 club award :)

CONGRATS!!!!

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats!!!

how do you feel the test is compared to mgmat tests... are they easier or harder?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with test999test that Q section on MGMAT is go little bit beyond
the real GMAT . Their PS question is harder than real Gmat
but their DS is too easy and have fewer traps compared to the real test.

How was your comment on MGMAT verbal part ?
is it too easy or too hard compared to real GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The MGAT is DIFFERENT from the real GMAT.
The real GMAT tests a lot of number properties,etc.. and really, to me, its all about getting the DS right. The word problems are probably similar with the real GMAT being a bit easier but for DS, nothing really matches the GMAT like the GMATPrep software..

With that said, I prepare with over several hundred questions but a lot of the questions on test day were really unlike what i had encountered before but I just kept using my logic and chugging away.. I guess I figured I'd see a lot of probs I had seen before..

What I would say is master each subject to the best of your ability. Learn all the tricks and shortcuts as well fundamentals and then you will be able to handle any of the GMAT math. The other thing I noticed is that NONE of the GMAT math required very complex computations that these other tests make you do such as challenges here and a few MGAT..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
awesome score!- did you take any practices in the beginning of your prep? If so, how did you score then?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did around 600 on the initial test with a few days studying... My baseline before starting intensive or advanced studying was around 660.. Focusing on the harder items and tricks of DS as well as CR and SC brought me up to 750.. My verbal was always very strong once I learned the SC via MGAT.. my math suffered because of DS but the MGMAT cat's, challenges here, and the Crack GMAT quant questions that I got wrong and studied helped pull me over.. The other thing is that I got 750,750, and 760 on the GMAT prep for my last 3 gmat's so you can see thing is dead on.. My MGAT scores at the same time were both 710 so you can see MGMAT score in general is a bit lower.. However, wouldn't trust anyting but the GMAT Prep.. Don't worry about the verbal questions repeating from the OG guides either.. I thought this skewed my verbal score as I always did well but I believe you will do equall well on the real GMAT as verbal is an exact copy of the GMAT prep while the math, for me at least, was a bit different..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37352 posts