Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Haskayne or telfer or beedie

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ivey '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Haskayne vs Telfer vs Beedie. Confused [#permalink]
Deepikadamodharan wrote:
Got admit in Haskayne. But that is a 2 year course and id prefer to study soon and start working. Telfer and beedie offer 1 year courses but my admits would be received only after Haskayne deadline for acceptance is closed.

Please help me choose the best university of these with higher placement rates and salary.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello Deepikadamodharan

Congrats on admission.

Haskayne is great (especially strong in oil/energy industry due to location), moreover in choosing best option, everything in general depends on where you want to work and in what industry.

Telfer and Beedie are not stronger schools, but that also depends if particular location places important role in your decision.

You can find placements on websites of all three schools mentioned.

Now you want to be a little bit smart and contact Telfer and Beedie with information that you are accepted at Haskayne but you do like/prefer them, so they should inform you rather sooner about their decision since you need to make decision, due deadlines. :idea:

All in all, Haskayne is good choice and why you would not study for 2 years ?

Enjoy that time since you are going to work for the rest of your life.

I wouldn't rush necessarily into it, if I were you. ;)

In case you want to apply to any other schools in Canada and compare them, here is the link with all useful info :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-in-canad ... l#p2174726

Good Luck with decision :geek: :cool:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haskayne vs Telfer vs Beedie. Confused [#permalink]
billionaire Thanks for your response and i would like to understand your take on this.

Calgary is going through recession right now and finding a job might be hard. Even if i do, it would be in oil and energy sector. What chances would i have in moving to another province in the future considering the sector? Beedie offers guaranteed job though the pay is around 12k lesser than haskayne.

Btw, i have let go of telfer after discussion with telfer alumni and i am back to beedie or haskayne.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
billionaire Also, do you think talking to other universities with offer from Haskayne to pursue them to send their decision sooner is advisible ? Wouldn’t it backfire ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Haskayne vs Telfer vs Beedie. Confused [#permalink]
Please refer my previous comment

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Deepikadamodharan wrote:
billionaire Thanks for your response and i would like to understand your take on this.

Calgary is going through recession right now and finding a job might be hard. Even if i do, it would be in oil and energy sector. What chances would i have in moving to another province in the future considering the sector? Beedie offers guaranteed job though the pay is around 12k lesser than haskayne.

Btw, i have let go of telfer after discussion with telfer alumni and i am back to beedie or haskayne.

Hello Deepikadamodharan

First of all, I don't know what specialization you want to pursue on studies and I dont know what industry is your target.

I didn't say Haskayne works only for oil and energy sector, i just said they are particularly strong in that due to Calgary/Alberta location and ties.

I dont see how any of specialization cannot be applied to that industry, for instance landing a finance job in energy sector.

I dont understand your question and reasoning of being unable to move to another province, you can always move and if you dont want to be in Alberta province in first place, then dont go there for studies, assuming Beedie accepts you.

If you prefer to be in British Columbia, due to weather or whatever go there.

You will not have any problem to find a job in Canada upon graduation wherever you go.

And for last question, there is nothing to backfire.

You are simply going to ask them to inform you about your status, since you need to make decision due to one offer and deadline approaching.

Seems to me you are inclined toward Beedie, so tell them exactly that, that you would rather take their offer if there is any, or you will need to accept already received offer from another school.

Simply as that.

Good Luck :geek: :cool:
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts