Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Re: Insead Exchanges [#permalink]
Well, since I'm still "on the outside" I don't have much more perspective to offer. As incoming students we are all a bit confused on how the process works also. Looking forward to finding out more in a few weeks. Best of luck in your app.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
mercutio1243 wrote:
Dear all,

Insead offers opportunities to do a campus exchange with their 3 Campus and to opt for their exchange programmes with other universities, Wharton for instance.

I am in the application process for September Intake 2020 for the fontainebleau campus.

Can someone explain how easy / difficult it would be to spend a period or two at another campus or join the exchange program. For instance, I would like to spend one period either at Singapore or Abu Dhabi campus and one period at Wharton. How likely are the chances that this can be realised and are campus exchanges easier to organise than Wharton (for which I understand a separate application is necessary).

All info is welcome. Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Just went through the exchange bidding process. SO guess I'm well positioned to answer this:

1. Getting at least one exchange is quite easy. You can pretty much be certain about that.
2. Wharton exchange is in P4, which overlaps with the recruiting cycle. People who opt for it are primarily either those who want to network and later recruit in the US or are sponsored by their firm and want to spend time in the US to travel.
3. Successfully getting a Wharton exchange is dependent on how much points you bid, your motivation essay and your GPA of P1.
4. Bidding points are primarily used up for campus exchange. More than 90% of electives are available for free. Only a few high demand electives require bidding points - such as the Silicon Valley trek. I think more than 50% of the batch uses up all or more than 90% of the points for campus exchange bidding. And this brings me back to point 1. Since you don;t need much points for electives, you can bid pretty much all points to ensure 1 campus exchange (for instance, I started in Singapore campus and I bid 96% of my points to secure a spot in Fontainebleau for P5)

Before the bidding process, MBA office shares information about historical bidding trends for exchange and electives. You can use that while deciding how much to bid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks! Is it more costly in terms of points to spend two or three periods on another campus (e.g. p3-p5 in Singapore) instead of only one period (P3)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mercutio1243 wrote:
Thanks! Is it more costly in terms of points to spend two or three periods on another campus (e.g. p3-p5 in Singapore) instead of only one period (P3)

Usually yes. Depends on the demand for that campus in that period. For the J batch, P5 in Fonty and P3 in Singy are usually the high demand ones.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM