Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: LBS MiM "22
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: LBS MiM "22
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluation: HEC/INSEAD/LSE [#permalink]
Hi Jas,

Any recommendations to strengthen my profile other than my GMAT? In regards to MiM vs MBA - how long would recommend me staying and working at EY for in order to be in really good standing for a top MBA?

Cheers

sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
I am not an admission consultant, however, as per me you have a very impressive profile with diversity and achievements. If money is not a matter, I strongly suggest you to target top 10 MBA schools in the world. MiM and MBA are going to take an approximately equal amount of time but there will be huge difference in the cost involved. You have time to improve your GMAT score as well. Let's say you cross 750, that will be huge differentiator among other applicants. With high GMAT, you widen the doors of scholarship. I advise you to take some time, decide and consult MiM and MBA alumni's for the benefits and compare.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluation: HEC/INSEAD/LSE [#permalink]
hi lacrosseplayer05 .. You have plenty of time to make your profile stronger (also GMAT). Generally, MBA requires minimum 2 years of professional experience. I would suggest to take up the upcoming job and look for responsibilities, prove yourself with achievements and once you grow a bit then take leadership responsibilities. In this time, you can improve your GMAT, start researching your target schools and make some changes in profile (if required) according to fit with school. Keep continuing extra curricular activities.

lacrosseplayer05 wrote:
Hi Jas,

Any recommendations to strengthen my profile other than my GMAT? In regards to MiM vs MBA - how long would recommend me staying and working at EY for in order to be in really good standing for a top MBA?

Cheers

sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
I am not an admission consultant, however, as per me you have a very impressive profile with diversity and achievements. If money is not a matter, I strongly suggest you to target top 10 MBA schools in the world. MiM and MBA are going to take an approximately equal amount of time but there will be huge difference in the cost involved. You have time to improve your GMAT score as well. Let's say you cross 750, that will be huge differentiator among other applicants. With high GMAT, you widen the doors of scholarship. I advise you to take some time, decide and consult MiM and MBA alumni's for the benefits and compare.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
lacrosseplayer05 wrote:
Hi everyone - thank you guys so much for taking the time to evaluate my profile. I am thinking of applying to do my MiM if I don't like the role I will be working at in the next year (Technology consultant with EY, specifically in SAP - I start next year in the Fall). I would be applying then for R1 Fall 2021 to do my MiM (at that point I will be 24 turning 25 years old). My goal is to utilize the network and program to lateral into a strategy focused role (think MBB, Monitor Deloitte, EY Parthenon, OW, Accenture).

I am currently a 23 year old USA/French Citizen male.

Academic Background:

My father is American, mother is French; I studied Electrical Engineering and a minor in Computer Science at a target school in Canada, GPA is a 3.45/4.00. However, my past 2 year GPA is a 3.70/4.00. (I've done significantly better in the latter half of University). I speak French and English fluently and have been fortunate enough to travel all over Europe, Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
I am a proficient programmer in Java, C, OCAML, and Python, and have taken courses in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Data Structures.

700 GMAT, 2 letters of recommendation; one from my coach (Princeton undergrad, Harvard MBA) and one from someone who I volunteered with extensively (Cornell undergrad, Berkeley MBA)

Practical Experience:

EY Technology Consultant (specifically SAP Team) - will start in Fall 2020 and plan to work for a year then apply)

Summer internship 3: Boutique Tech consulting firm (ran a full-scale implementation of a KS software and rolled out to 90 employees)

Summer Internship 2: F500 Engineering company as a sales engineer (50+ client-facing meetings, more of a support role)

Summer Internship 1: Pharmaceutical Company Data Analyst (excel macros, data forecasting)

Extracurricular:

French National Team - competed for my sport int he World Championships last year (considered an honorary captain for one game, and second-youngest player on the team), and will play for France in the upcoming European championships next summer

Varsity Athlete - Varsity athlete in North America, D1 level. Loss in semi-finals in national championship 2x

President of my schools largest club & Head of Finance (think a sporting activity club) - Largest club at my school, increased membership by roughly 15% to 730 members and had cost-savings of over $30k

Accenture's Accent on the Community program - placed fourth/ten in a competition where we were assigned a not for profit firm and a mandate. Successfully accomplished the mandate.

Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America final rank; led a project involving over 400 man hours, 30 + volunteers, and ~$3000 USD fundraised to construct a Dog Park in my town.

Final notes

Thank you all for taking the time - if there are alternative ways given the opportunities/profile I have currently to obtain a goal of working for a strat consulting frim, please let me know. (e.g. staying at EY, trying to lateral in etc... ) or even doing an MBA? I figured a MiM would be cheaper and quicker, and then I can always do an MBA later down the road (and would probably get into a better one with the MiM backing me up).

Thank you so much in advance

Hey lacrosseplayer05, firstly thanks for such elaborate details of your profile. A lot of things on your profile work out for you - GPA is pretty decent, International experience and social volunteering are profile assets and you seem to have spend a good amount of time digging into elaborate details of your profile. Your work experience looks pretty good as well, and if you apply with a strong brand like EY on your resume, it will be an added leverage.
If you are targeting a strategic consulting career, HEC,ESSEC,ESCP, LBS are pretty good options. You can target as per the country you want to work in the future. As it is, your profile is realizable for the top 5 MiM programs, so focus on building strong achievements during your stint at EY and you should be good.
In any case, if you are curious to see which schools you can target with your current profile, you can get your profile score here: https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gfc
Once you get your profile score, you will be matched to the list of dream, competitive and safe schools as per your profile.
Hope you found it helpful :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Profile Evaluation.
670 Gmat (Quant 47 Verbal 35 IR:6)

Gpa 2.72 (Bachelors in Accounting
and finance from a top ranked B school in Pakistan)

Work Experience:20 Months

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
hnkhan123 wrote:
Profile Evaluation.
670 Gmat (Quant 47 Verbal 35 IR:6)

Gpa 2.72 (Bachelors in Accounting
and finance from a top ranked B school in Pakistan)

Work Experience:20 Months

Posted from my mobile device

Hi hnkhan123,
Well, the GPA is a bit on the lower side for HEC. Secondly the school is notorious for recruiting only from the top 10 UG schools of the applicant's home country, so in this context your UG rank might help.
ESSEC is possible with a strong application though (We have had clients who got into ESSEC with a 308 GRE as well, so it depends upon how you play your other profile strengths).
2020 is going to be the first intake for INSEAD's MiM program, however, the School has a very strong international brand so it can be more of a dream school.

French schools look for a holistic profile so would need more details on the extra-curriculars as well the work ex section ( Company name, Key learnings,etc)
I would suggest you to take up a profile evaluation so that I can get back with an in-depth analysis. Here's the link: https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts