Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [1]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Need to regain verbal accuracy [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi, aiyersneha,

As your exam date is approaching in a week, it would be better to revise the verbal error log, if you have maintained, and practice the weak areas by solving official questions only, while do not take more than 2 Mocks. Meanwhile, you can capitalize your strengths of quant section by solving official questions only.

Regards,
Raxit T.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Need to regain verbal accuracy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi aiyersneha,

As you likely know, 5 days is not a lot of time to make any significant changes in your studies. Furthermore, you really want to avoid cramming prior to test day. In any case, I’m happy to provide advice but would also like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions already asked, I can provide some detailed advice.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Neha, you mention that you started off with V35. I am assuming this means that you got V35 without any preparation.

So, it really is surprising that your Verbal scores would drop now. Given the time you have at hand, practice is really the only way out.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, I gave my GMAT today and got 690, q48 v38
Q 67%ile and V 85 %ile overall 85 %ile.
Plan to take the GMAT again the end of this month to improve quant and IR score. Wanted to know what steps I can take and how much improvement I can expect in this time period and what steps I can take to improve from 48 to let's say a 49 or 50. I am taking a study break for the next ten days. Thanks for all the help guys. I solved the verbal og and regained verbal accuracy again as I hadn't practiced verbal for a while and hence the dip as some of you mentioned.

This was my first attempt and I scored exactly the same score as my last mock! Looking forward to improve more and will update progress.
:)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sneha,

First off, a 690/Q49 is a fantastic Score, so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

There's no harm in continuing to study though - and you have the potential to pick up points in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. From your last post, your timeframe is not clear though. You stated that you want to retake the GMAT at the end of the month, BUT you also stated that you plan to take the next 10 days off from your studies. Are you planning to retake the GMAT at the end of DECEMBER?

In addition, before we discuss how you might best approach this next phase of your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

You might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Hi, aiyersneha,

Did you solved only OG questions in last few, probably 2-3 weeks? What else you followed in last 4 weeks? Did it pay dividends?

Regards,
Raxit T.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes, i solved SC from OG and solved all the questions in Verbal OG to regain accuracy
GMAT Club Bot