Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
[#permalink]
You are stupid, you are SO STUPID and Unlucky – these were the first words that came to my mind when I was taking the test first time. The very same words came to my mind when I retook it. Even worse, since this time I put so much effort yet didn’t even approach the desired result.
GMATT73, I really know how it feels when after soooo many long hours of studying you got burned and blown out by the reality – GMAT test. Sometimes, I even feel that I’m cursed with ancient gmat curse which will never let me join 7xx club. So, cheer up, you are not alone and definitely not a looser. Take it again as soon as possible, don’t think about the scores, be angry…no be mad at GMAT and you will surely conquer it. I really believe you can do it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey MATT... I was really shocked to see your score. Your abilities are not reflective in your score at all... As others have said it must be the stress related to the actual test-taking. I would firstly take a vacation - a few days off and then come back and give it another shot. Remember you do not need to improve your abilities - they are already top notch - just concentrate on your test taking strategies and that should be it.

All the best buddy... and Keep up your spirit !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Concentration: INSURANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT
 Q49  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi GMATT
i am not going to be verbose. Take your time, analize what went wrong and try again. I am sure you will pass 700 and will laugh at this gmat test stuff.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Take a look at my old post.

Something quite similar happened to me:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ost+battle

The long and short of it is this (if you dont feel like reading) - I scored lower on math than I EVER HAD on any practice exams, INCLUDING ones I took before even studying.

I said this then:

"The GMAT may have won this battle, but I'm going to win the war. "

And I did.

You can too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey MATT.
Its sad to see your experience. As others have said, DONT GIVE UP and theres no reason why you wont suceed. Forget it as just another bad day. It doesnt reflect your true ability.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Matt,
Keep your chin up high and regain your confidence. After all, as the saying goes, you might have lost a battle but you haven't lost the war. You have a lot of people here rooting for you, and while you might feel like kicking yourself for getting nervous, don't consider yourself a loser - which you're not. You had a bad day, I can understand it's painful, but you got to pick yourself up and move on. The most important thing is to put this behind for 1-2 weeks, come back, and think carefully what you need to change as strategy. Look at things like - where am I going to get the maximum benefit by effort? what can I trade-off (if I can)? what hurt me the most in the test?

Whatever it is, for now - you got to pick yourself up, know that a lot of people are wishing for you, and get back to it in 15 days. Wishing you the best as always!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi MATTY,

Sorry to hear about the finger printing fiasco...damn computers...they suck anyways.

You can't turn your back now after you have fought so hard for so long. You have got to put a nail in the GMAT's coffin.

We hope to rejoice your posts soon!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I want to chime in this crescendo assertion that " Matt, you are NOT a loser, NOT AT ALL!". Like others mentioned, you have done tremendous contribution to this club, which partially helps many of us realize our efforts. This, rather than a mere GMAT score, is your genuine merit! I know you have put a lot of effort and time in this sucker. You know GMAT inside out. IMO, it's the pressure from hectic work schedule together with timing application period that perplex you... Please don't give up! Just take some time to rest and come back to continue conquering this serpent GMAT. You should pour all your concentration into maths next time. You don't have to do thousands of problems, don't focus too much on quantity, but quality instead. As GMAT tests how well you know a scope of concepts rather than how intelligent you are in maths, quantitative section is NOT intractable. If you seek help, you know that we are here for you. Feel free to send me any maths questions :)
Just turn this time's failure into a revengeful spirit, " The spirit of an underdog" to defeat GMAT next time. That is what I've done so far from my past failures.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
There is one thing that has served exam takers well in past - perseverance.

It doesnt matter how you fared in your results cause you know it doesnt reflect the true potential that you hold. A low score does not mean the end of everything, it's just one step behind the next and it needs strength and determination to climb up. So try harder the next time and remember victory awaits those who never give up in whatever they do.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
And to add... [#permalink]
Hi there Matt,

Have been away from the club a few days and was pretty devastated to find this post from you :(

I'm so sorry and I hope you have time to think things over, and hopefully come back to the table stronger than before.

I have been giving a lot of thought myself to the factor that pressure plays - some people are far more sensitive to it than others, and I know that since I am too. But life is for learning lessons... and if you find a way within yourself to overcome this challenge, it will serve you well not only now but in everything you do.

I wish you all the very best, and hope to see you back in form and on the forum very soon. And if not, you can always take a trip down to Jamaica (no problem, mon!) :D

Cheers
MG
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MATT , All I can say is that you had a bad day. Don't give up, you still have lots of time before the 2nd round app deadlines . Keep practicing and keep up the momentem you have built up for this attempt , don't let this failure deter you from trying again. I am absolutely sure that you will get a good score in your next attempt.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey,
Look at all these friends who are trying to cheer you up!
This really says something about you. No score will. You're not a loser. You just had a bad day.

Have some sake and let's get to work.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Matt,

You have been a great friend to many a gmatclub forum member. We are all rooting for you to succeed.

The GMAT is not an indication of anyone's capability. It is a test that measures a person's mastery of inane gmat questions. I don't know the logic behind the test makers resolve to create underhanded questions. In the business world, there is no deliberate attempt by any entity to deceive.

Eventhough I was able to get my target score during my second go, I will never see the gmat in a favorable light.

Hang in there buddy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 323 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MATT,

Don’t you dare to give up, all of us here in the club supports you and we all know that you can easily achieve a score of +700. Your previous scores do not mean anything to anyone.
We all know you will get your score, heads up and smile, life is much more than a score. :P

YOU, HE, SHE, ALL OF US CAN DO IT.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any news from him? :)

I hope that he will decide to come back and have a look on these posts ;) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [1]
GMAT 3: 640
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Hey Matt vacations are over! Let's get to work!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just logged back on after an 11 day rock bottom depression lull to reread my pathethic post and was ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) ^3 to see that a few good friends out there actually took the time to read such a loser story.

I'm at a loss for words. To all of you at GMAT club, especially those steadfast souls that sent out such uplifting words of encouragement, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Come hell or high water, I will give it all I got before the end of the year to yet try once more at overcoming this hurdle in in the b-school admissions process. Definately won't be easy with mounting work committments, applications, essays, etc.., but there is no way in the world anybody can quit this far into the game. Even if it takes 50 more attempts, with a following like this, I have no choice but to go the distance.

Catch you all back in the forum soon.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts