Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [2]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Experts Global | Mock Accuracy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
cantaffordname wrote:
SajjadAhmad wrote:
sauravskumar wrote:
Hi All,

I gave an Experts Global GMAT mock today and got a 740 (v41, q49).
I wanted to if anyone has tried Experts Global mock before and can let me know if the scores i got from the mock accurately represent the actual GMAT results.

My Observation:
I feel Quant was quite easy which i don't know if would be the case with actual GMAT.

I've given GMAT club mock tests before and i feel that they are much more difficult at-least compared to Exprets Global mock. Can you please also comment on which one is a closer in terms of difficulty level to real GMAT for Quant?

Hello sauravskumar

You had seen GC toughest questions before you took Expert's Global mock so it is possible you find them easy but Expert's Global CAT questions are not notable easy. I experienced only quant side of EG mock so i can comment that the score is good indicator, their algorithm is quite good and quality of questions is also good. I got Q47 on GMAT Prep that time and a Q46 on EG mock. I have good feelings for EG mocks.

Good Luck.

I would like to know your views on verbal side as well. Since you are RC moderator, any thought on their quality of RC passages and questions?

I have no experience of EG verbal mock, so cannot comment on that. One thing is clear that building a quant question is not that tough as compared to building a quality verbal question, no company matches GMAC for the quality of verbal questions. You have to compromise up to some extent in terms of verbal side if you trying a third party product.

Best regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Experts Global | Mock Accuracy [#permalink]
SajjadAhmad wrote:
sauravskumar wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to if anyone has tried Experts Global mock before and can let me know if the scores i got from the mock accurately represent the actual GMAT results.

My Observation:
I feel Quant was quite easy which i don't know if would be the case with actual GMAT.

I've given GMAT club mock tests before and i feel that they are much more difficult at-least compared to Exprets Global mock. Can you please also comment on which one is a closer in terms of difficulty level to real GMAT for Quant?

Hello sauravskumar

You had seen GC toughest questions before you took Expert's Global mock so it is possible you find them easy but Expert's Global CAT questions are not notable easy. I experienced only quant side of EG mock so i can comment that the score is good indicator, their algorithm is quite good and quality of questions is also good. I got Q47 on GMAT Prep that time and a Q46 on EG mock. I have good feelings for EG mocks.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your help.

Can you please give me some final thoughts on how much more difficult would GmatClub Tests are from actual GMAT ?
Should i be expecting question of same difficulty level as GmatClub Tests are q50 level during the actual GMAT exam?

Originally posted by sauravskumar on 16 Feb 2020, 12:38.
Last edited by sauravskumar on 16 Feb 2020, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sauravskumar wrote:
Hi All,

My Observation:

ExpertsGlobal5 can you please provide some info if possible
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sauravskumar,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion).

1) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your overall Score Goal?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi sauravskumar,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion).

1) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your overall Score Goal?

Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thank You for your reply.

I took an Experts global mock on 14 Feb 2020 and realised that i had time management issues (Got 700 - v40, q47). So i worked on time management strategy for a day and then gave the exam again on 16 Feb 2020 (experts global mock). This time too i had time management issues but lot less compared to previous and got a 740 (v41, q49 - i realised i made a few very dumb mistakes in quant like simple add/sub, answering for X but question asked Total - X and was not able to finish the last question too and left if un-attempted or may be i would have got a q50 and 750).

Target Score : 760+

Can you help me with you time management process and how to reduce these silly errors during exam time?
My Exam is 9 days from now. What would be the best process to follow during this phase?

Thank You
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sauravskumar,

From what you describe, if you have taken just one 3rd-party practice CAT/mock - and then took that SAME test AGAIN - then it's tough to say how accurate these results are (and what your current 'ability level' actually is). You likely have the knowledge to score at a high level on the Official GMAT, but it's not clear how realistically you were taking your practice exams If you. The more realistic you can make your CATs, the more likely the score results are to be accurate. The more you deviate, the more "inflated" your practice scores can become. For example, if you skip sections, take your CATs at home, take them at different times of day (from when you'll take the Official GMAT), etc., then your results will likely become 'inflated.'

Many Test Takers face pacing issues in the Quant section, the Verbal section or both – so you are not alone. However, it's important to remember that pacing problems do NOT exist on their own - they're the results of OTHER problems. How often do you end up having to reread a prompt? By taking the proper notes as you read, you can save time, reduce the number of little mistakes you make and actually speed up the solving-process (since the necessary information will be on your pad - where you can then work through the 'steps' to answering the question that is asked). However, if you're not consistently taking notes, then it might take you some time for you to hone the necessary skills to take those notes in a consistent, organized fashion.

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. With 9 days remaining before your Official GMAT, you have enough time to take 1 additional CAT, but I would not take any more than that. I suggest that you take one of the two free Official GMAC CATs (from www.mba.com) - and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results.

Rich
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 4683 [2]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT Date: 11-01-2019
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi sauravskumar,

Thanks for your query.

That the questions and scores in our tests are a fair representation of GMAT, especially for someone at a level of 680 or above, is the overwhelmingly strong feedback that we get from thousands of students who have taken the test series- especially those who went on to take the actual GMAT. If you scored 740 in our mock under GMAT-like conditions, we would back you to expect a 720-750 on the GMAT if you have a decent outing on the exam day.

Rest, the matter of resemblance with GMAT and scoring (plus, variables in a student's performance on a given day) are so subjective that, no matter how sincere a job a private company does, there will always be some detractors who will have strong (sometimes, irresponsible) comments to make; we, like any company trying to do sincere work, can only respect their freedom of doing so. We have read almost the same number of posts accusing our quant (or verbal) to be too difficult as the number of posts accusing it to be too easy. As long as most users have good things to say, and the naysayers' opinions are equally divided in each extreme, we believe that the test series is doing fine.

Advice, as a senior: to know one's level is only one of the factors in taking mocks; practice, analysis of weaknesses, and learning from mistakes are the main reasons for taking extra mocks. Use the written and video explanations as well as analytics carefully to derive the best value from the mocks. If, at any point in time, knowing your level is the MAIN reason for taking a mock, please take an official mock so that the focus is on the assessment of your performance rather than on the accuracy of the mock. Besides, please understand that even the official mocks are not going to be an EXACT representation as they do not have experimental questions and, like any mock, cannot replicate the pressure of the real GMAT. Take the score you get as a broad measure of your competence on the test.

PS: We provide a free mock so that one can assess the test series; we, humbly, want a user to invest time only if one finds value after experiencing a mock firsthand. Still, if reviews are important, read verified reviews from users who completed the prep and actually took the GMAT- it is always advisable to learn from people who completed a journey and have the benefit of hindsight.

All the best!

sauravskumar wrote:
sauravskumar wrote:
Hi All,

My Observation:

ExpertsGlobal5 can you please provide some info if possible
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

Thanks so much for your reply and valuable suggestion.

Just to clarify, i would like to let you know that Experts Global has a set of 15 mock tests and the questions on each mock are unique.
Thus, the two mocks i gave earlier were different and not that i gave the same mock twice.

As per GMAT like conditions, I give the mock at office on either weekends or early mornings (it's very silent during these times) where i have to travel to the place and then give the mock. This helps me simulate real GMAT like conditions.

Will give and official mock sometime soon and let you know the results. ( As a matter of fact, i was planning to give a mock almost daily just to get momentum going on my end before the actual GMAT. let me know if this sounds too CRAZY! )

Thanks again!

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi sauravskumar,

From what you describe, if you have taken just one 3rd-party practice CAT/mock - and then took that SAME test AGAIN - then it's tough to say how accurate these results are (and what your current 'ability level' actually is). You likely have the knowledge to score at a high level on the Official GMAT, but it's not clear how realistically you were taking your practice exams If you. The more realistic you can make your CATs, the more likely the score results are to be accurate. The more you deviate, the more "inflated" your practice scores can become. For example, if you skip sections, take your CATs at home, take them at different times of day (from when you'll take the Official GMAT), etc., then your results will likely become 'inflated.'

Many Test Takers face pacing issues in the Quant section, the Verbal section or both – so you are not alone. However, it's important to remember that pacing problems do NOT exist on their own - they're the results of OTHER problems. How often do you end up having to reread a prompt? By taking the proper notes as you read, you can save time, reduce the number of little mistakes you make and actually speed up the solving-process (since the necessary information will be on your pad - where you can then work through the 'steps' to answering the question that is asked). However, if you're not consistently taking notes, then it might take you some time for you to hone the necessary skills to take those notes in a consistent, organized fashion.

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. With 9 days remaining before your Official GMAT, you have enough time to take 1 additional CAT, but I would not take any more than that. I suggest that you take one of the two free Official GMAC CATs (from https://www.mba.com) - and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results.

Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sauravskumar,

Taking a CAT every day is NOT a good idea. The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. In that same way, trying to do too much studying (re: "cramming") in the last week before your Official GMAT can greatly increase your chances of 'burning out' before Test Day (and that is something that we want to avoid). You have enough time for one more CAT and the rest of your time should be spent on general practice, light review, etc. You would also likely benefit from getting some extra rest in the last few days before your Official GMAT, so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
bb, I have posted honest review in comment section about expert's global mock and that comment has been deleted without any notification. I've been in this community since long time and I don't think I've broken any posting rules. Or perhaps posting what you feel is against the rule? I haven't used abusive language as well. May I know the reason?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb DisciplinedPrep and nightblade354. I still haven't heard from you. Can you please tell me why was my comment deleted? If this is the case, I start believing that all negative and honest reviews from the forum are removed without notifying why they remove.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
cantaffordname wrote:
bb, I have posted honest review in comment section about expert's global mock and that comment has been deleted without any notification. I've been in this community since long time and I don't think I've broken any posting rules. Or perhaps posting what you feel is against the rule? I haven't used abusive language as well. May I know the reason?

Hi sorry about that. I will follow up with the moderator who has taken the action - I am sure it was warranted and they had their reasons. I am not sure what the issue was that your post got deleted - i don't know what the post was either but I will discuss this with the moderator who removed the post and it won't happen again. Feel free to repost.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
cantaffordname wrote:
bb DisciplinedPrep and nightblade354. I still haven't heard from you. Can you please tell me why was my comment deleted? If this is the case, I start believing that all negative and honest reviews from the forum are removed without notifying why they remove.

We chatted about this over the chat - I understand that post deletion is NOT cool and it is something that we would not take lightly, but the overarching generalization about all reviews is a bit unwarranted. Also, not honest reviews are negative :)

If you have the post typed somewhere of if you remember what you had written, feel free to post again!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks bb and souvik101990 I've wrote that I've expert's global mock tests. I've purchased the product. Quant questions are similar to that of official guide questions and they just changed the wordings. Qquestions are exactly same. Even bunuel in one of his posts has mentioned the same. Regarding verbal, I checked explanation for most of the sentence correction and the reason given is "awkward construction" without giving proper insights why the answer choice is wrong on the basis of meaning error or grammar error. They never explain this. Moreover, CR is worst. I saw one question where the explanation given was that A is also possible D is also possible but A has more possibility. I was shocked. I checked that questions on gmatclub and people have tagged experts for explanations but none stepped in to provide answer.

P.S. I observed that my comment was there for couple of days even though one of the RC moderators has replied to it, but it got deleted just after expert's global seen my comment which is strange.

P.P.S. I've also provided my review about egmat, 3 days ago. It is still not published. I am happy to provide my account details that I've purchased those product.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for the comment and rehashing. I am not sure about your egmat review but publishing reviews may take up to 7 days for verification of your purchase with the course provider (we do not share the text of the review as described on this page - https://gmatclub.com/reviews/select.php).

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I took one of Experts Global's CATs and scored 700 (seemed in sync with other CATs at that time). The Quant section was decent with good quality questions, but I felt that verbal section was slightly off the mark. Again that can be said for every other third party CAT. Since there are many Q49+ questions, their algorithm might give one a good chance to cover up (even if you screw up or perform below your level on certain questions), which I didnt feel was representative of any adaptive test. Again, they do openly admit it and say that its by design.

One important sense I got after completing their CAT was that it would be really helpful for someone who is struggling with stamina on quant section. In short, If you are hovering in mid Q40s because you are unable to finish the exam (not because major concepts are missing), Experts Global would be a good investment provided there are 6-8 weeks left as during the last 2-3 weeks you would want to stick with GMATPrep exams and GMATCLUBTests.

I did not buy the whole pack as my test date was only a month away and I did not want to be under a pressure to finish 15 CATs.

Thanks,

sauravskumar wrote:
Hi All,

My Observation:

Originally posted by Sparta_750 on 23 Feb 2020, 07:13.
Last edited by Sparta_750 on 24 Feb 2020, 01:31, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Thanks for the comment and rehashing. I am not sure about your egmat review but publishing reviews may take up to 7 days for verification of your purchase with the course provider (we do not share the text of the review as described on this page - https://gmatclub.com/reviews/select.php).

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks Souvik, I got message that it will take upto 7 days so I will wait for 7 days.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2