Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 05:43 It is currently 12 May 2024, 05:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Re: MSc finance and private equity - LSE/LBS/said/imperial/KCL [#permalink]
Kudos
The 2 months internship would be good for you to get some professional experience, but it necessarily doesn't count as work experience. Also, work experience is not needed for msc in finance, but it is good to have.

If you have all the IFS completed, possibly you have a good profile to even stand for round 3 applications. 750+ GMAT will alone be good to bump your application up in round 3 and later. But then again, never depend on “IFS”. Do mock tests to actually see where you stand and how you can improve.

One piece of advise: stick with one goal at a time. Currently focus on school work. Once completed, focus on GMAT.

Also note that CFA is changing next year for level 1 to 4 times a year - computer based. So if you are not yet ready for CFA, you can do it 2 months after in February.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When the first round opens up, I'll have the SGPA of my 4th semester, my GMAT score, a few good finance course completed from udemy ( modeling, Excel).
What if I apply with these in the first round?

About sticking to one goal at a time, I've regrettably wasted a portion of my time and now I'm running of short of time. I want to be able to start my masters in finance abroad right after I finish my undergrad. Though the applications open in a few more months, I'll still have the following to do - 1)CFA level 1 Dec 2020, 2) GMAT ( June 2020), 3) internships ( good ones post December, not very good ones pre December, cuz CFA), 4) toastmasters, 5) can't the forget the Semester exams..

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
The courses on udemy and similar other websites are great to learn, but they will not help your application. They will help you to better your skills, but not your application. Such courses are taken by a lot of people around the world, and it is not a way to enhance your profile.

I think you are digging yourself in a grave trying to cram everything within one year. Is it doable? Yes. But your expectations are also on cloud 9. Give yourself sufficient time and a study structure, rather than trying to get through it. Your current strategy will only hurt you.

Also, application rounds go further out. Some even to the point of May. I highly suggest getting a job and trying for 22’. Better to put your resources to be successful all together rather than regretting jt.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey Yusuf360,

Having an overview of your profile, it’s evident that you have scored fairly well in your semester exams. You have a fairly decent profile in general- GPA and CFA program.
However, if you had a work experience your profile would seem stronger.
I would strongly suggest you take up internships as and when you can and not restrict yourself to leading organizations like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc. Of course, brand name matters but you need not worry if you don’t get into one. The motive is to gain hands-on experience. Moreover, focus on getting an internship in the core finance field where you can handle a position of responsibility.
Well, honestly, Moocs like Udemy offer marginal value addition to the profile, and CFA, on the other hand, will highly complement your application to the B-school.
You must take note of the fact that UK schools are pretty stringent about academics (Imperial needs an 8+ GPA), so it’s advisable to keep a track of the eligibility requirements in general.
Further, LBS and LSE value international experience, thus you must be flexible enough to adapt to the UK culture and campus the atmosphere.
Thus, currently, you must focus on getting experience in the finance field to showcase your theoretical knowledge as well as pragmatic skills.
I would suggest you take our profile evaluation through the link below so that you get an in-depth analysis of your profile and the schools that you can target.
https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/?gcf
Feel free to drop me a mail at support@mim-essay.com if you have any other queries:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you MiMEssay , I'll get these things done

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum