Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 13:13 It is currently 14 May 2024, 13:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22217 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Re: GMAT MBA Practice Exam [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi DaniyalAlwani,

You will see the correct/incorrect answers but not any analytics. For sure reach back out once you take the practice exam and I’d be happy to provide some advice. In the meantime, you may find it helpful to read the following articles:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success

Taking GMAT Practice Tests
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi DaniyalAlwani,

Back in April, 2018, the GMAT was 'shortened' (both the Quant and Verbal sections now have fewer questions - and less time per section - than they did before). From what you describe, it's not clear whether you took a practice CAT/mock in the 'old' format or the current format, so your upcoming CAT might also serve to define how well you perform on the current, shorter sections.

Depending on that Score, we should be able to 'map out' the type of timeframe you would need to study to hit your Score Goal. A Test Date at the end of July would give you no more than another 2 months of study time - but depending on this upcoming CAT Score, you might end up needing more time than that to get to the point that you can consistently score 710+.

As an aside, there are additional ways to offset a lower GPA beyond scoring at a high level on the GMAT. Business Schools want to know that you can handle the 'academic side' of their respective Programs. Even if you were not a great student when you were younger, you can show that you're a stronger student now by enrolling in - and earning a high grade in - certain College-level Courses that MBA Programs put a value on (such as Calculus and/or Statistics). If you could earn a high grade in one (or more) of those types of classes, then that might also help to 'counter' a lower Undergraduate GPA.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys,

As per my plan, I gave a practice official GMAT exam today and ended up being really disappointed.

Total score: 480 Q33 V23.

I selected Quant, Verbal followed by IR & Essay. When I was in the first 5 questions of quant, I kept on checking time and realised I'm running out; hence tried to pace it up. Mid quant, it hit me that I have already screwed up; as I was not really confident on my answers. On the other hand, I got reading comprehension (which I have not started to practice at all in last 2 months) at the start of verbal which made things worse. Later, I had pretty good check on time and was actually confident. Moreover, I was relatively more confident in Verbal than Quant but my score doesn't reflect that. I really need to decide on my action plan!

As mentioned earlier, I have gone through MGMAT books and was half way through the Powerscore CR. Initial plan was to attack OG questions + Quant & Verbal review books. However, now I am confused! I can either go through these books again OR attack OG questions as per the plan. But I really need an input from you experts. One thing I know that I need to conceptually understand quant topics but when it comes to practice those topics to see if I understand it before I jump to next topic, where should I practice from; OG or forum or Manhattan?

In addition to this, I have not reviewed my exam yet; it will be great if you can suggest me on how to effectively review it except for just looking at wrong answers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi DaniyalAlwani,

Many Test Takers are unhappy with their initial practice scores, but you really shouldn't be. That 480 is just a measure of your skills right now - and you'll improve on that result over time as you improve certain skills. That having been said, raising a 480 to the point that you can consistently score 710+ will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. While I understand that the idea of pushing back your planned Test Date probably does not make you happy, the overall importance of your GMAT Score to your applications ultimately means that properly training for the Exam is more important right now than trying to stick to a particular timeframe.

"Review" is an exceptionally important part of the GMAT training process; your ability to define WHY you're getting questions wrong is essential to defining the areas that you need to work on (and the specific things that you need to 'fix'). As such, I'd like to know a bit more about your last CAT. While a full Mistake Tracker would provide a lot more information, there are some basic questions that you should be able to answer (and the more EXACT you can be with your answers, the better):

After reviewing each section of this recent CAT, how many questions did you get wrong....
1) Because of a silly/little mistake?
2) Because there was some math/verbal that you just could not remember how to do?
3) Because the question was too hard?
4) Because you were low on time and had to guess?
5) How many Verbal questions did you 'narrow down to 2 choices' but still get wrong?

Going forward, beyond doing lots of practice problems, you need consistent, professional guidance, so that you can learn all of the patterns, tactics and 'secrets' of the GMAT (without having to try to figure out all of that stuff on your own). You would likely find it beneficial to invest in a GMAT Course of some kind (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led). Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot