Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nope! No overlap - not for me at least! (though the conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that's why I was never paired with a proctor and got booted to a later test day... totally unfounded of course! XD)

I actually intentionally took them closely next to one another in part to see if they resolved this "hack," - and it looks like they have!

bb wrote:
Congratulations. Fantastic score!!! And a great EA score!

PS. Do they still use the same question bank for EA is the use for the GMAT? Did you have any overlap?

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
I'll jump in with my account and say that I, too, received both an email congratulating on my original take and another updating me about my higher retake scores - both well after they had originally been updated on the site.

For reference, I received my new online GMAT score within 48 hours of my sitting. (750 - Q49 V44 IR8 ...not my best performance, but I'll live with it, considering I ended up rescheduling to a pre-5am sitting after waiting at the launch screen for an hour and a half and then receiving an error message that I would not be able to test at my originally scheduled time. That said, if you're willing to sit on hold with the chat for long enough (or reach out to your region-specific phone line), it does seem that they can expedite the reschedule process if the error was on their end and prior to the start of the exam.)

I also sat for the EA a few days earlier (170, IR18 V14 Q18) and received those scores in a little over 24 hours. So, a few takeaways on the experience standpoint:

1) If you're in a time-crunch and do encounter tech issues, reaching out to the chat/phone line and explaining the error may get you re-situated faster than waiting for them to begin and process a case. (...but expect to *wait* a while!)

2) Scores seem to be getting posted fairly quickly to the site (for myself and for my students at least), but are not always accompanied by an email update. (I didn't receive one at all for my GMAT/EA online scores up until this apparent glitch.)

3) While some scores may be taking longer to post (I'm assuming based on the review processes and, as others have mentioned, the potential that certain activities might have been flagged for review) the delay in receiving scores does not seem to depend at all on score level (at least from the score performances I've seen in my retest and the results of my students).

I hope this helps! :)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
Nope! No overlap - not for me at least! (though the conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that's why I was never paired with a proctor and got booted to a later test day... totally unfounded of course! XD)

I actually intentionally took them closely next to one another in part to see if they resolved this "hack," - and it looks like they have!

bb wrote:

PS. Do they still use the same question bank for EA is the use for the GMAT? Did you have any overlap?

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
I'll jump in with my account and say that I, too, received both an email congratulating on my original take and another updating me about my higher retake scores - both well after they had originally been updated on the site.

For reference, I received my new online GMAT score within 48 hours of my sitting. (750 - Q49 V44 IR8 ...not my best performance, but I'll live with it, considering I ended up rescheduling to a pre-5am sitting after waiting at the launch screen for an hour and a half and then receiving an error message that I would not be able to test at my originally scheduled time. That said, if you're willing to sit on hold with the chat for long enough (or reach out to your region-specific phone line), it does seem that they can expedite the reschedule process if the error was on their end and prior to the start of the exam.)

I also sat for the EA a few days earlier (170, IR18 V14 Q18) and received those scores in a little over 24 hours. So, a few takeaways on the experience standpoint:

1) If you're in a time-crunch and do encounter tech issues, reaching out to the chat/phone line and explaining the error may get you re-situated faster than waiting for them to begin and process a case. (...but expect to *wait* a while!)

2) Scores seem to be getting posted fairly quickly to the site (for myself and for my students at least), but are not always accompanied by an email update. (I didn't receive one at all for my GMAT/EA online scores up until this apparent glitch.)

3) While some scores may be taking longer to post (I'm assuming based on the review processes and, as others have mentioned, the potential that certain activities might have been flagged for review) the delay in receiving scores does not seem to depend at all on score level (at least from the score performances I've seen in my retest and the results of my students).

Do we have IR in online gmat? I thought we did not have that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
How long is it taking to receive scores most recently?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Blissfullll wrote:
How long is it taking to receive scores most recently?

Basis what people have claimed here. Scores can take from 36 hours to 3 weeks(extreme)- A lot of it depends on proctors / AI raising flags leading to lengthy audio video reviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 346 [1]
Given Kudos: 271
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
AG182709 wrote:
adstudy - Thanks for the detailed response! Just to confirm, I can basically give the test from anywhere, right? It doesn't if I have ran the diagnostic multiple times from 2 locations?

Hey AG182709,

Yes, one of the best features of this mode is that you can give the test from anywhere in the world :)

But one thing you should be wary of is that they ask you to take pictures of your workstation to get a 360 degree view of the same. So keep the area clean and any books or other reading materials should be kept at least at 2 arms radial distance from your station.

One more tip, avoid using a work laptop, if you are planning to, as I have had first hand experience of the laptop passing the diagnostic test with ease but eventually not launching the exam during the D-Day. On enquiring about it from the proctor, it was a firewall restriction which is tedious to get past. Moreover, companies now-a-days are discouraging any outside sites because of the continuous and more frequent virtual attacks on the systems. Because of this you will have to reschedule your examination.
It was certainly a demoralizing experience :(
Anyways,
Keep calm and break the exam!!! :)
All the Best :thumbsup:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
We have IR. We do not have AWA in online version.

Hit kudos if this helped.

edison2020 wrote:
VeritasPrepHailey wrote:

bb wrote:

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi, I tried a number of options, the most stable internet connection I'm able to get is by using a Dongle.
Just wanted to make sure if we are allowed to use one for the exam?
I did the OnVUE system test, and it worked fine with the Dongle.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi!

I took the gmat online today, and I would like to take the official gmat in a test center next monday 13-07.

The system let me book the appointment. Someone knows if I have to wait 15 days or not??

Thanks a lot!!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [2]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
PazJaime wrote:
Hi!

I took the gmat online today, and I would like to take the official gmat in a test center next monday 13-07.

The system let me book the appointment. Someone knows if I have to wait 15 days or not??

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Hey there,

Congratulations on taking the GMAT!

No, you do not have to wait 16 days to take the test in test center. Good luck and let us know about your progress.

Happy studying
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my score after 40 hours since finishing the test. Very happy with the score, and it's in line with my latest prep scores (i.e., 740-760-760-770).

Total 760
Quant 50
Verbal 44

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
Blissfullll wrote:
Just got my score after 40 hours since finishing the test. Very happy with the score, and it's in line with my latest prep scores (i.e., 740-760-760-770).

Total 760
Quant 50
Verbal 44

I took my exam online on early morning 7/7. But I have not get my score yet. My proctor asked me to show her my desk before she launch my exam. Other than that, everything is normal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
adstudy - Thanks man for the tip on work laptop. I was actually planning to give it on my work laptop only. Unfortunately, my personal laptop has a very bad camera as it's old so I will have to give it on my work laptop.

Anyone here who's given the exam on his/her work laptop? Please let me know

Thanks!!
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [1]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
I gave mine on work laptop. The idea is simple. If the system check passes, then you should not be worrying.
But, to be extra extra careful, try disabling any anti virus programs on the system.and turning on app notifications (for example Outlook).

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
Thanks for clearing that. As I am planning to apply for PhD, absence of AWA score might affect their decision. Anyway it should not matter as long as its the same GMAT until next admissions.

obsidianstorm wrote:
We have IR. We do not have AWA in online version.

Hit kudos if this helped.

edison2020 wrote:
VeritasPrepHailey wrote:

bb wrote:

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
FeelingLucky wrote:
Hi guys. Did the GMAT online recently which was my first ever GMAT attempt (in centre and online). Got a score of 700 (48Q 37V)

Was particularly disappointed with the V score as the lowest I had scored in all my mocks was 42. I found it quite strange during the test that the verbal question difficulty never increased (felt like I was testing 600 level questions throughout). The length of the RC questions was half of the ones I practiced on OG!

There is no ESR and no way to re-rest for now. What’s the reasoning behind not having ESR for online? If the questions and the algo are all the same, I don’t see why that would be an issue? Anyone have any similar experiences or other insight to share?

Almost same experience as you! First test ever, and verbal was lower in actual gmat than all other mocks given! ? Good to read someone else is in the same boat!

Did you have a change of testing conditions? I had a couple of reasons, but Verbal disappointed nonetheless!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
Does anyone have any update on GMAT Mumbai test centres? Any contact with Pearson?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
The internet has to be stable. If there is a drop in the connection during the test, the test will be canceled. So keep this in mind. I do not know about the software not asking for pictures again. Maybe someone with this experience can pitch in.

--------------------
Give a kudos if this helped you.

vaibhav101 wrote:
Hi there

Can please someone help with this?

The first time I ran the testing software it asked me to post pictures of my surroundings, and initially I thought I would appear for the test at the old location. And I completed the test and posted all the required pictures. Now, I have decided to appear for the test at a new location, and when I again ran the software(at the new location), it did not asked me to post any pictures. So, is it going to cause any issues? Moreover, if the speed of the internet is fluctuating does it cause any issues during exam?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  94   95   96   97   98  ...  183