Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [11]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [2]
Given Kudos: 151
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Improve score from 570 to 650 in 2 weeks [#permalink]
Hi there!
Do not get discouraged by below-expected score. Gmat is not a test of knowledge rather than a test of mind. With this said, it is a challenging exam and you need time to improve.
My own journey is not easy either, although not yet down, I have started with below 350 with first official score 430, was able to reach 610. I improved my quant following this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html
It is a great resource, if you are, like me, financially drained and cannot afford subscription. Start with your strongest area, excel in it, then move to your medium ability area- improve it. If your weakest area such as combinatorics is too hard, you may want to skip it. Focus on your strong part. And do utilize , apart from above link, forum of this website. You really have everything here to beat the gmat.
Happy studying and good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Improve score from 570 to 650 in 2 weeks [#permalink]
rcp98 wrote:
I took the gmat about 1 month ago and got a 550 (Q39, V27). I thought I could have gotten at least a 600 easily and re-took it 2 weeks ago and got a 570 (Q42, V26), still not what I expected (hoped for a score of around 650). In this last test I thought I was doing really bad in my Quant as I was running out of time and had to guess some questions at the end. This could have affected my verbal score as I was a little disappointed at my quant and was a little agitated during the verbal section.

I have studied for 1 month more or less using the OG book and the forum here. I am planning to re-take the exam in 2 weeks (aiming for a 650ish) but I do not know how to prepare for it. I believe that I should increase my verbal but I'm not really sure how and especially in such a short time. I got to say that I thought I was going to do much better in the verbal sections (in my practice exams I was getting around 31).

Hi,
I can understand how it feels to get a string of low scores after months of preparation. I was there in your situation a few months ago. I scored a 570 on my first GMAT test and was looking for a 100 point improvement. That's when I got to know about GMATWhiz and how it helped a couple of people increase their score by 100 points in a month. I took the course and found it really helpful.

I scored a 680 in my second attempt improving by 110 points. I strongly believe that GMATWhiz will be of a great help for you as well. DO check it out once. All the best!
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
rcp98 wrote:
I took the gmat about 1 month ago and got a 550 (Q39, V27). I thought I could have gotten at least a 600 easily and re-took it 2 weeks ago and got a 570 (Q42, V26), still not what I expected (hoped for a score of around 650). In this last test I thought I was doing really bad in my Quant as I was running out of time and had to guess some questions at the end. This could have affected my verbal score as I was a little disappointed at my quant and was a little agitated during the verbal section.

I have studied for 1 month more or less using the OG book and the forum here. I am planning to re-take the exam in 2 weeks (aiming for a 650ish) but I do not know how to prepare for it. I believe that I should increase my verbal but I'm not really sure how and especially in such a short time. I got to say that I thought I was going to do much better in the verbal sections (in my practice exams I was getting around 31).

Hi,
I understand that a string of low scores can be quite disappointing. Let me share my insights here regarding what you should be doing next.

My first recommendation to you would be to postpone your test to a later date. Giving the test just after two weeks without much of preparation might not make much difference. So, instead of wasting the money and time on another attempt, I would recommend you to invest the same in the preparation and then give the test when you feel confident.

And coming to your preparation strategy, there is a scope of improvement in both Quant and Verbal. To get a 650, you need to make sure that you get the easy-medium questions right. To do this, you need to fill the conceptual gaps and also use the right strategies to solve the question.

OG is a great source of questions for GMAT but it is not the ideal source from which you can prepare. You need to use a standard resource to understand the concepts and the methodology. If you’re open to studying using an online resource, I would recommend you to check the GMATWhiz course.

GMATWhiz has done extensive research on various types of questions one can get on the actual GMAT test. Understanding these types of questions and knowing how to solve them will get you a good score on GMAT. The concept booster and practice quiz help you solve these GMAT like questions using the right methodology. And the course provides real time improvement modules so that you can work on your weaker areas right away.

A quick turn around is definitely possible but it would definitely take a minimum of 30 days. GMATWhiz has helped many students to improve their score by more than 100 points. It has an average score improvement of 117 points which is the highest in the industry.

Here’s the success story of our student who improved her score by more than 130 points in a span of 40 days.

You can check the free trial of GMATWhiz and decide if it is suitable for you or not. Feel free to contact if you still have any queries. You can also schedule a call using the below link if you to wish to discuss one-on-one.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot