Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [1]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
GMATprep mocks all over- 660,710, 710 down to 640 11 days before test [#permalink]
Kudos
tzt thoroughly compare the mocks tests in which you scored above 700 against the mocks tests in which you scored less than your target score to see what works for you and what doesn't, and on the basis of your analysis, form a strategy for revision and GMAT.

Feel free to discuss anything else.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMATprep mocks all over- 660,710, 710 down to 640 11 days before test [#permalink]
Hey guys thanks for the advice.

Here's my detailed reflection on what happened:

I got posed this question for the #1 on the quant section (which for me was pretty hard):

An integer n between 1 and 99, inclusive, is to be chosen at random. What is the probability that n(n + 1) will be divisible by 3 ?

Well I looked at this question and it was something unlike anything I'd ever seen before, BUT in my head I kept thinking about a GMATninja video explaining GMAT scoring, which came to the conclusion that if you don't get the first 2 questions right at the start of quant or verbal you can lose 70-80 points off your score just like that, so I took probably 4 minutes to on this question before making an educated guess and moving on.

After going through the rest of the quant it looks like I made most of my errors because I got peppered with a disproportionate amount of properties of numbers questions that I pretty much guessed on. These questions have been and continue to be my biggest weakness since the start. I actually did all the chapter tests twice already on that section in TTP, but that was back in April so it looks like I forgot material. Will be reviewing this hardcore.

In quant I also got a few questions I should have gotten right, but got wrong, because I needed a little bit more time to figure them out. Upon reflection anytime I hit over 2min on these questions I felt like I had to just choose an answer and move on instead of taking the extra 30s-1min to figure it out, ending in me doing the work quickly and inaccurately, not getting an answer listed and choosing something close to what I calculated. I believe I need to focus on skipping questions I know I won't be able to figure out so I have more time to actually do the ones I know.

Looks like I got steamrolled in Verbal too because I got two sets of 3 questions wrong in a row and I made a lot more SC mistakes than usual.
GMAT Club Bot