Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
The part-time program is going to cost over $150,000 and since there are no scholarships given out for Kellogg, we have to pay out of pocket, loans, or company support. How are you all planning of financing your education and do you think there is a strong ROI?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
trep wrote:
The part-time program is going to cost over $150,000 and since there are no scholarships given out for Kellogg, we have to pay out of pocket, loans, or company support. How are you all planning of financing your education and do you think there is a strong ROI?

For me it will be a combination of loans and company support if I am admitted. The ROI really depends, in my opinion, on a couple of factors 1) what is your pre-mba salary 2) what industry you go into after your MBA 3) how you perform / network in the given industry.

The degree is an expensive proposition and you can look at multiple b-school websites where they illustrate the salaries of the alums over a period of time but I still think that a large chunk of how large the ROI is really depends on you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone!

So I had applied to Kellogg on 6/9 and was invited to interview the same day and interviewed on 6/13. I then heard nothing for a very long time. I had thought the interview went very well and my stats are as follows:

Undergrad Engineering GPA: 3.25
GMAT: 700
Work Experience in Tech: 4.5 years

I thought I also had very solid rec letters. I applied to Booth on 7/1 and was invited to interview the same day, interviewed on 7/13 and was accepted with a scholarship on 7/17. Booth wanted a decision by 7/29 so I emailed Kellogg asking them to expedite my decision, to which they said they would get me a decision with enough time so I could make my decision. A week goes by and I still had not heard anything from Kellogg so I emailed them again asking when I might be able to expect a decision since I was running out of time. This email went ignored with no answer until late last night on 7/29 I received an official rejection letter from Kellogg. Suffice to say I had already committed to Booth at that point haha. I am very excited and look forward to connecting with everyone else joining the incoming class!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone! Has anyone heard anything yesterday? I guess there might be some calls today or next week?

I wonder how many spots are left at this stage.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
That’s the mysterious part, how many spots are there and how many taken till date?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fall applicants are deferred to the next intake. Curious if anyone got a communication yet on those lines?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
PMMBA24 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fall applicants are deferred to the next intake. Curious if anyone got a communication yet on those lines?

This wouldn't surprise me either. I applied in Round 3 for the summer intake and was bumped to fall. Interviewed in mid-June and haven't heard back since. Being a pessimist I figured that was bad news. Asked for an update due to a conflicting deadline I have with Booth and the U of M Carlson. Earlier this week they expedited my application (which means at least a final decision hasn't been made yet). So I am guessing that is suggestive that they are still struggling to get through all the applications.

Based on others stats I am thinking I still might be on the outside looking in:

GPA - 3.7
GMAT - Applied with waiver
Work Experience - 6 years all in FP&A for Fortune 100 companies
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
MNMBACanidate wrote:
PMMBA24 wrote:

This wouldn't surprise me either. I applied in Round 3 for the summer intake and was bumped to fall. Interviewed in mid-June and haven't heard back since. Being a pessimist I figured that was bad news. Asked for an update due to a conflicting deadline I have with Booth and the U of M Carlson. Earlier this week they expedited my application (which means at least a final decision hasn't been made yet). So I am guessing that is suggestive that they are still struggling to get through all the applications.

GPA - 3.7

I just emailed them and they responded that decisions would be provided on or before August 7th so no real updates. I have been waiting since mid May at this point might as well just wait the next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
MNMBACanidate wrote:
PMMBA24 wrote:

GPA - 3.7

Cong! Do you also get a GMAT waiver from Booth?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
totoro686 wrote:
MNMBACanidate wrote:
PMMBA24 wrote:

GPA - 3.7

Cong! Do you also get a GMAT waiver from Booth?

I did not but was able to submit in mid-June, they gave me until July 1 to submit a score. I originally was planning to take the GMAT in early March before everything pretty much got shutdown. So submitted both applications prior to taking the GMAT thus the waiver used for Northwestern. Scored a 720 through the online version of the GMAT. I submitted the score as supplemental material with Northwestern but they may or may not consider it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Booth PT '21
Send PM
So have many people that haven’t heard anything yet received rejections?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
I haven’t heard anything back, positive or negative.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I haven’t heard anything back.

Current Student
Send PM
Haven't heard anything yet. All the best aspirants !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Here we go... final stretch for the Fall and folks from the Summer who got pushed to the Fall. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
No news yet. I will take deferred decision to next intake vs a no at this point! All the best everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
PMMBA24 wrote:
No news yet. I will take deferred decision to next intake vs a no at this point! All the best everyone!

Same! Good luck to everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts