Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [5]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist January 2021 Intake [#permalink]
I am waitlisted from R2 as well. I am South Asian based America.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Send PM
Kudos
pabpinor wrote:
Good initiative!

I guess that there were not many waitlisted candidates, hopefully you will get a call when someone defers, there shouls be a good chance.

Regards,
Pablo

Posted from my mobile device

Do you think R1 and R2 were more competitive than usual?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I'm on the WL too (R2). Based out of India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a 21D admit, right now (before R3 is admitted) there are 310+ students in 21J and 510+ students in 21D. Around 200 21J students deferred to 21D, and I guess some of 21D students will defer as well. The school is allowing much more defer cases than previous years due to the COVID-19.

Not sure whether it would help, but personally I felt contacting your AO and indicating that you want to change to 21J may increase the chance of admit, if that's something acceptable for you. 21J is only starting in Oct 2020, not in Sept.

Originally posted by liaotingk on 12 Aug 2020, 23:10.
Last edited by liaotingk on 05 Sep 2020, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
liaotingk wrote:
I'm a 21D admit, right now there are 310+ students in 21J and 510+ students in 21D. Around 200 21J students deferred to 21D, and I guess some of 21D students will defer as well. The school is allowing much more defer cases than previous years due to the COVID-19.

Not sure whether it would help, but personally I felt contacting your AO and indicating that you want to change to 21J may increase the chance of admit, if that's something acceptable for you. 21J is only starting in Oct 2020, not in Sept.

Thanks for the intel - that's very helpful to know.

Do you know by any chance if they are teaching in classroom or virtual for the 21J class? 510+ students is quite a lot already (I thought the usual is around 500~ each intake), do you know if there is a cap? Thanks again for sharing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
WE92 wrote:
liaotingk wrote:
I'm a 21D admit, right now there are 310+ students in 21J and 510+ students in 21D. Around 200 21J students deferred to 21D, and I guess some of 21D students will defer as well. The school is allowing much more defer cases than previous years due to the COVID-19.

Do you know by any chance if they are teaching in classroom or virtual for the 21J class? 510+ students is quite a lot already (I thought the usual is around 500~ each intake), do you know if there is a cap? Thanks again for sharing

They are trying their best to start 21J in classroom, but they also mentioned that there are uncertainties of new wave of virus and tighter government regulations. So in conclusion nothing is confirmed yet. Even for my batch it's possible that a hybrid mode of classroom+online will be adopted. They stressed that they will minimize online teaching as long as the government regulation allows.

Yes 510+ is quite a lot, usually it's 500 plus minus 10. I don't think they mentioned any cap for 21D, because things are uncertain, not sure how many students are deferring. But personally I guess the final number won't deviate too much from 500, as the school's facilities are limited (faculty, classroom, etc.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Guys ignorant question from me, what is 21D? I understand that 21J is obviously 2021 January intake, but what is the D in “21D”?

Thanks!
MBAppe

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
WE92 wrote:
liaotingk wrote:

+1 on this. Thanks for the info.

Do you know how many of the 510 is in France vs. Singapore ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
MBAppe wrote:
Guys ignorant question from me, what is 21D? I understand that 21J is obviously 2021 January intake, but what is the D in “21D”?

Thanks!
MBAppe

The "J" and "D" refers to the month of graduation.

21J: Graduate in July 2021 (Start in Sep 2020)(Postponed to Oct now)
21D: Graduate in December 2021 (Start in Jan 2021)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
FirstGMAT0 wrote:
WE92 wrote:
liaotingk wrote:

+1 on this. Thanks for the info.

Do you know how many of the 510 is in France vs. Singapore ?

you can check my reply on in classroom vs online in the same thread above.

I'm not sure about the distribution of France/Singapore, because I can't see the info of home campus from the internal directory. But the school currently allows students to switch home campus freely, because of the visa restrictions. As of end July, Singapore immigration still does not issue new student visas, but loosening up in the next few weeks/months; France is loosening up, but it seems there's a surge of cases recently, so no one can tell if the restriction will be tighter in future.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hello and congrats on being admitted! Thank you for sharing.. I finished my 21D R3 interviews this week and both went pretty well and I was very excited until now hehe.

510+ is already a full class so let us know of any updates if possible. Since we still have WL + R3 + R4 to go I am not sure what INSEAD idea is, since I would agree that a bigger class might be off the list because of facilities + possible social distancing etc.

liaotingk wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
drummer9057 wrote:
Hello and congrats on being admitted! Thank you for sharing.. I finished my 21D R3 interviews this week and both went pretty well and I was very excited until now hehe.

510+ is already a full class so let us know of any updates if possible. Since we still have WL + R3 + R4 to go I am not sure what INSEAD idea is, since I would agree that a bigger class might be off the list because of facilities + possible social distancing etc.

liaotingk wrote:

Sorry I didn't mean bigger class is impossible. The school definitely have some buffer to accommodate more, it's just that I'm not sure how much more can they take. Generally we feel that INSEAD is quite flexible nowadays to accommodate the need of its students, be it switch home campus or deferral. Based on my limited knowledge I haven't heard anyone who applied deferral but got rejected. And I know there are students who want to defer but haven't applied yet. So don't give up hope, things are still changing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Not to sound negative, but based on the current class size for 21D and considering we still have R3 & R4, I believe we won’t really see a lot, if any conversions from W/L. Hopefully I turn out to be wrong.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi
Anyone on waitlist has heard yet?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
I would recommend not to have expectations but you never know, many ppl will end up deferring...

Regards,
Pablo

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
liaotingk wrote:
drummer9057 wrote:

liaotingk wrote:

Sorry I didn't mean bigger class is impossible. The school definitely have some buffer to accommodate more, it's just that I'm not sure how much more can they take. Generally we feel that INSEAD is quite flexible nowadays to accommodate the need of its students, be it switch home campus or deferral. Based on my limited knowledge I haven't heard anyone who applied deferral but got rejected. And I know there are students who want to defer but haven't applied yet. So don't give up hope, things are still changing.

Thank you for your insights! I have applied to 21D but after seeing these updates from you, I also sent an email to my AO indicating my interest to join in 21J if such an option is available. She has updated my application for that - so this is a good option for those who can start in Oct versus Jan. I personally do not see much difference in graduating a few months earlier.

When will the 21J class start in October? Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LoveWildLife wrote:
liaotingk wrote:
drummer9057 wrote:

liaotingk wrote:

Thank you for your insights! I have applied to 21D but after seeing these updates from you, I also sent an email to my AO indicating my interest to join in 21J if such an option is available. She has updated my application for that - so this is a good option for those who can start in Oct versus Jan. I personally do not see much difference in graduating a few months earlier.

When will the 21J class start in October? Thanks!!

I'm glad that my post helped. I just talked to a 21J student and he said the launch week will be on 26 Sept. The formal class will start in October.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts