Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: An extensive market study by a major electronics company revealed that [#permalink]
A is incorrect because the baseball may have a huge fun base but that does not guarantee the company on increased sales. It could have been correct if it further stated how his huge following influence youths' decision making in purchasing goods. I hope it is clear.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 1158
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V22
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V29 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 5: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.29
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Re: An extensive market study by a major electronics company revealed that [#permalink]
Kudos
MG0701 wrote:
Josephat1 wrote:
Although i went for E, indeed the correct answer is B. The company is interested with marketing, so the assumption must be associated with purchase decisions. E was wrong because, making decisions is ambiguous and not specific.
Correct answer: B

I went with A. Because if we negate A, it means that he is not a celerity and thus not famous among youngsters. And so the sales of the music player will not increase.
Where am I going wrong?

Hi,

I will try to help.

The fact that he is a celebrity is a fact that is stated in the question. You cannot negate an already stated fact per the stem. The main objective of the campaign is to boost sales or lure young people into buying the product.
Now, in B, if you negate it, you get:

The buying decision of young customers is NOT heavily influenced by advertisements featuring well known sports stars.

If the above is true, that means even if the campaign has a well known sports star, the campaign would fail and thus would not be able to the product to the young people which would mean loss in revenue for the company.

Let me know if you get it.

Please give a kudos :D

-K
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
MG0701 wrote:
Josephat1 wrote:
Although i went for E, indeed the correct answer is B. The company is interested with marketing, so the assumption must be associated with purchase decisions. E was wrong because, making decisions is ambiguous and not specific.

I went with A. Because if we negate A, it means that he is not a celerity and thus not famous among youngsters. And so the sales of the music player will not increase.
Where am I going wrong?

the options talks about the celebrity following and not about the advertisement. whereas the argument talks about how advertisement plays role in selling the product .
the celebrity famous or not is irrelevant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
mehro023 wrote:
MG0701 wrote:
Josephat1 wrote:

Where am I going wrong?

Hi,

I will try to help.

The fact that he is a celebrity is a fact that is stated in the question. You cannot negate an already stated fact per the stem. The main objective of the campaign is to boost sales or lure young people into buying the product.
Now, in B, if you negate it, you get:

The buying decision of young customers is NOT heavily influenced by advertisements featuring well known sports stars.

If the above is true, that means even if the campaign has a well known sports star, the campaign would fail and thus would not be able to the product to the young people which would mean loss in revenue for the company.

Let me know if you get it.

Please give a kudos :D

-K

Thankyou, clearly explained.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts