Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 889 [0]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1728 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 277
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Retake [#permalink]
You already scored well in exam. You do not need to study a lot. I think GMAT is a mental game, try to practice the mock similar like real exam. What I mean is that, if your exam is schedule on monday at 3:00 PM, then give the mock at 3:00 PM. Try to rehearse like real exam and give full test ( do not leave essay and IR). This will remove mental pressure on the real exam.

Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I gave my GMAT again yesterday and scored a 680 :( (Q: 48, V: 35)

I'm listing below the last 2 GMATprep scores (test 5 and 6 which I had not given prior to my 1st GMAT attempt) I took just before the exam:
Test 5: 690
Quantitative: 48
Verbal: 35

Test 6: 680
Quantitative: 44
Verbal: 39

I regave GMAT prep tests 1-4 and these are my scores:
Test 1: 760
Test 2: 720
Test 3: 700
Test 4: 710

I have gone through the following materials before attempt 1 and before attempt 2:
Attempt 1:
OG 2020 problems, OG 2020 Verbal and Math companion problems
Manhattan Prep All the guides
Advanced OG questions
MGMAT CATS 1-6, GMATPrep CATS: 1-4

Attempt 2:
Quant: OG 2020 and Math companion "Hard" level problems, reviewed Manhattan prep guides again and did the companion guides as well
Verbal: Reviewed Manhattan prep guides and the companions guides
OG 2020 and Verbal companion- "Hard" and "Medium" level questions
Advanced OG- CR, SC
PowerScore CR and RC
MGMAT CATS 1-4, GMAT Prep CATS: 1-6

I need at least a 710 to apply to the schools I want to apply to. If I want to give the exam in the next 16 days (before Round 2 deadlines
) how can I prepare to improve my scores? Or is this the best I can do and a third attempt would be a waste?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
2021hopeful wrote:
I gave my GMAT again yesterday and scored a 680 :( (Q: 48, V: 35)

I'm listing below the last 2 GMATprep scores (test 5 and 6 which I had not given prior to my 1st GMAT attempt) I took just before the exam:
Test 5: 690
Quantitative: 48
Verbal: 35

Test 6: 680
Quantitative: 44
Verbal: 39

I regave GMAT prep tests 1-4 and these are my scores:
Test 1: 760
Test 2: 720
Test 3: 700
Test 4: 710

I have gone through the following materials before attempt 1 and before attempt 2:
Attempt 1:
OG 2020 problems, OG 2020 Verbal and Math companion problems
Manhattan Prep All the guides
Advanced OG questions
MGMAT CATS 1-6, GMATPrep CATS: 1-4

Attempt 2:
Quant: OG 2020 and Math companion "Hard" level problems, reviewed Manhattan prep guides again and did the companion guides as well
Verbal: Reviewed Manhattan prep guides and the companions guides
OG 2020 and Verbal companion- "Hard" and "Medium" level questions
Advanced OG- CR, SC
PowerScore CR and RC
MGMAT CATS 1-4, GMAT Prep CATS: 1-6

I need at least a 710 to apply to the schools I want to apply to. If I want to give the exam in the next 16 days (before Round 2 deadlines
) how can I prepare to improve my scores? Or is this the best I can do and a third attempt would be a waste?

Hi,

Can you show us your ESR? So that we can look your weakness. Then give you the right suggestions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Thanks for looking into this ! Will upload my ESRs shortly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ESRs for GMAT Test 1 and Test 2 attached. FYI- I canceled my Test 2 scores. Therefore, no AWA score report on the ESR. Thanks !
Attachments

GMAT Test 2 ESR.pdf [2.75 MiB]
Downloaded 41 times

GMAT Test 1 ESR.pdf [1.57 MiB]
Downloaded 47 times

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GMAT Retake [#permalink]
Hi,

Need to ask you one more question is that did you made some guess at end of the exam, because your percentage of incorrect answer in the last Quarter is very high in both Verbal and Quant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For Quant I realized I was running short of time so I guessed on some of the questions towards the end (probably 2). But I had enough time to solve the last 2 questions for sure (questions 30 and 31). For Verbal I guessed on only one question towards the end.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also not sure if this matters but the verbal question I guessed on was q 35 and it was a CR question. The entire test experience is bit of a blur for me now but I know that for Verbal also I was running short of time towards the end and I picked up pace but I did atleast attempt to read all the questions and then answer them except for q 35.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I was just looking at your both ESR, in both the test your score in verbal is almost the same.

(Comparison in Percentile)

Critical Reasoning:
You scored well in your Test 1 with 76% but in Test 2 your score decreased to 55th and if you look the subsection of CR in Test 1 your critical skill were good but in Test 2 it was not so good.

Reading Comprehension: In Test 2 you have improved a lot in RC as compared to Test 1.

Sentence Correction: I think this is the area you have not improved a lot , means your score is consistent in both the test.

In both the Test you score in Quarter 2 is very less, the question of Level 700 comes into this quarter. You need to improve your skill in Mid quarter.

Overall: You have improved in RC but you have not practiced well in CR and SC. You can score well in SC, because this is the area where you can improve your verbal score. Your CR skills in Weaken, strengthen and assumption questions need to be improved, try to read slow in these type of questions and paraphrase the argument in your own words.
In both the cases just download the Error Log of Gmatclub and look into the errors you have made. Note down those errors and read it twice or thrice. Then again practice it. I am sure you will improve it

Quant: You have made mistakes in Mid and Last quarter. You have improved in probability, Permutations and combinations and sets but you degraded your score in other sections. I would say that you have good knowledge in quant but You just need to practice well. Try to practice again with Gmat club quant test. This time give a test in more organised way. Take some notes while answering the question, use answer options to solve the question quickly. I think you are making some silly mistakes in quant. Try to improve those silly mistakes.

Do not rush the answer in the end because in the end many questions are easy. Try to skip some questions in the mid. Try to find that in which section you are not good then try to make some logical guess in those questions. For example, in rates and work questions are quite long to read so it will take more than 2 minutes to solve. I would say if you are taking more time in some questions in the mid quarter try to skip, but do not make guess at the end.

Need any more help, Let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks so much ! This is really helpful.

For Verbal practice do you recommend re-doing the OG questions? Or maybe buying the Practice questions pack from GMATPrep for fresh questions ? I noticed that for CR especially I do remember the questions I've attempted before.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
2021hopeful wrote:
Thanks so much ! This is really helpful.

For Verbal practice do you recommend re-doing the OG questions? Or maybe buying the Practice questions pack from GMATPrep for fresh questions ? I noticed that for CR especially I do remember the questions I've attempted before.

Do not Purchase anything, its better look into the Error log and check which questions you got wrong and why they were wrong. Just analyse what you were thinking at the time of solving the question.

What should you do in Cr?

Read the questions stem first, Understand the question type
Then Read the Stimulus very slowly, take time on this. Then write the Conclusion in your words(Paraphrase it)
Then Write Evidence in your words
Then Write Assumption on the basis of Conclusion and evidence.
Check answer: Eliminate the answer which are out of scope. In the question, most of the time 3 choices are out of scope.
You are left with 2 choices, this is where everybody make mistake. Read them properly, then eliminate the wrong one.

Improve your SC timing: I would suggest first look the answer choices in this case. Make the split. Then read the question and find the error , then eliminate the wrong one.

I would again say do not waste money....remember this thing "arigato money"....
GMAT Club Bot