Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30796 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
OK, so let's talk shop.

Quant 2.0 is really something!

I have to be really honest, when I started the Algebra Trial I thought that my foundations were more solid than they actually were. E-gmat makes math seem so open and malleable, less scary, specially if you take the time to correctly learn and apply the e-gmat approach.

It all began with a diagnostic quiz, not my best one by the way, but it gives you a metric, a starting point, this was my first indicator that my quant wasn't as solid as I thought, so it was time to strengthen my conceptual knowledge and that is when the all-knowing e-gmat conceptual videos really shone. They are so well thought out since they present all of the concepts in a non-linear, however structured, way which helps you understand neatly, but not only that also the presenter has such a spark that makes the videos enjoyable to watch - additionally they are not very long -.

The program is built in a way that pushes you to the limit quite fast, at least that is what it did to me, because after teaching you the concepts, it will take you to a set of guided evaluations which will sumerge you into the e-gmat way of thinking, and this is where the breaking of habits start to happen, for which 100% attention will be required. In this guided evaluation there are revision videos for all problems, you have to revise every video solution in detail and see if you did the problem with a different approach; there are also summary videos and the best part is that at the end, according to your score there is a video that will tell you where you have to go next, can you move on? or do you have to go back to a concept file and revise a concept?

The last part has been the hardest for me, test readiness. Unlike the other quizzes, which focus more on teaching the process rather than evaluating it, these are timed. So for those of us who have the knowledge at that point but don't have the practice to pull it out fast enough yet, this part can be a bit frustrating; however, I'm getting there.

Thus, Quant 2.0 has changed the way I look at math. I'm not saying that I've broken all of my bad habits, but I'll get there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I would like to share my experience of Quant 2.0. I am a professional with 2 years of experience in Auditing field and a master degree in Commerce.
If you are someone who is from India and is tired of hearing that GMAT Quant is easier than CAT or you see people scoring a Q50 without any formal training in Quant but while seeing your own performance you still feel that Quant is a tough nut to crack then Quant 2.0 course is for you. It's a very well structured course which takes care of the main issue which is skill building.

Thank you,
Chetna
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
Hi All,

Would like to give a quick shout out to egmat team to comeup with an amazing trial for quant specific areas. The following is how the new program is different and adds tremendously to one's preparation.

Quick background about me- IT professional with over a decade experience.

About the new course
1) It comes with a diagnostic test before each section so you an gauge your ability.
2) Immediate feedback on the diagnostic to tell you how do you need to go about prepping for this area.
3) short specific video lessons follow on the concepts
4) there is a reinforcing quiz with flashcards which tests the fundamentals again
5) the section finishes off with a key takeaways section which summarizes the gist of the concepts.
6) another assessment immediately follows the section now which further solidifies the concepts.
7) the videos come with x 2x speed control so you can go through them faster if wish so.

All in all I feel egmat team always is pushing the needle forward on gmat test prep and always trying to improve what they have and I think being their student is a great place to be in your prep journey as they are open to feedback and listen to improvements and enhancements. In our hunt for content I think if one can do justice to what they already are providing I think most of us would be sufficiently served.

Regards
Numero

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello,

Although I'm from an engineering background, my math was never so good. Getting a Q29 in the diagnostic mock test proved the point. Fast forward, I have purchased the e-GMAT's verbal course after reading the rave reviews here on GMAT Club. At this point, I had a neutral impression of the e-GMAT's Quant course as there are not many reviews on the GMAT Club. 2 weeks into my course preparation, I have received a mail invitation regarding the Quant Trail. I have readily accepted that as my preparation was not going well as I was struggling with focus and discipline.

Let me explain why I was able to complete this course and what has changed within me?

1) Diagnostic Tests for each module - It really assesses your conceptual understanding and clarity. It helped me to focus on my weak points.

2) Concepts - As I'm already struggling with lack of concentration, you cannot expect me to listen to a long 30-40 mins video on inequalities right?! This course does the best about that. It has short videos that are broken up into concepts followed by interactive quizzes which helped me in retaining the concept much better. Trust me when I say this "I've never expected a learning platform to be as interactive as it was on Quant 2.0".

3)Regular Feedbacks - After every concept, we have different kinds of tests to help us understand where we stand on conceptual understanding. The regular feedback based on my performance and guidance on how to proceed further brought clarity on my next area of focus!

4) Concepts - The way the concepts are explained to the minute details reminded me of my high-school days. You don't need any other material if you have access to this course, they start from scratch.

Interactive learning paired with regular feedback made me gain interest in the course and increased my efficiency.
In the beginning, I was studying only for 2-3 days a week. But as I was progressing into the course, I was willing to sneak in an extra hour daily as I really wanted to see that 100% in my practice tests. I haven't got to that point yet but yeah I'm in the process of getting there!

I would like to conclude by saying that this course has surely cleared my apprehensions on e-GMAT's Quant offering and now I would be paying for the Quant course as well. I would like to thank Payal Tandon and her team for allowing me to take part in this wonderful trail, it was truly a privilege to a part of this program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 117
Send PM
Hello Everyone,
I would like to share my experience with the new algebra trial of eGMAT
The new Quant course launched by eGMAT is truly best course in this domain . It is designed In such a way that it start from core basics and reaches to gmat hard level.
All concepts are explained in such a manner that they will become strong that no conceptual gap will be left.
I personally feel even if you are strong in Quant, you should take up this course not just to explore various new theorems but also to have the conceptual background. Even the most difficult part of algebra is explained in such a manner that after completing the video its a cakewalk.
overall the new format of videos, flashcards, concept quizzes and practice quizzes are just doing wonders in my prep journey. Hoping to reach the desired score soon.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, E-Gmat launched the Algebra Trail, its just wonderful, I already am seeing a difference in my Algebra Section prep as they have given much more importance to the details with the new structure, Working Fantastically
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quant 2.0 has been a great resource for learning all the quant topics covered in the GMAT exam. Just to give you a bit of context, I have been in the financial services industry for the past 16 years. I decided to get an EMBA degree just recently in order to up-skill and hence add value to the companies I help manage. I have been out of university for more than 17 years hence studying for the GMAT and learning all the concepts involved has been no easy feat. Although, I used to do quite well in school in the past, I haven’t seen / practiced many of the concepts involved in the gmat coverage for what feels like a million years. Needless to say, my rusty test-taking skills need serious overhauling. On top of that specific situation, being a mother of 3 young kids and having a full time job on top of performing all the other roles/duties required has not helped me at all in terms of the time I can allocate to study. Nonetheless, I am determined to do well in the gmat or EA and do whatever it takes to get there. I’ve hired one-on-one tutors, collected all the review books, etc that I could find to help me with my mission. However, it’s already been 3 most of intensive studying and I still feel like I had a lot of conceptual and process gaps which I realized after attending several sessions by EGMAT.

First and foremost, I would like to commend EGMAT’s teaching process. As I watched the videos and attended some seminars I’ve had a lot of “AHA!” moments that definitely helped me do better in my review. I loved that the interface used was very engaging, interactive and easy to use. The short videos/ clips/ slides were terse yet effective. It felt like time spent learning in this kind of platform was time well spent in studying. I noticed that this platform has improved my retention of information because it was very systematic in the way it lays out the concepts. I love the process flow wherein every section starts with a short assessment quiz , followed by a concept file and then some practice questions afterwards with guided answer files. Following this, a short quiz at the end of each subsection file is presented in order to test
and give you feedback on your progress. The EGMAT quant 2.0. takes this learning style into a whole new level , by adding a way for you to measure your concept skill, process skill and GMAT skills per topic.
This is so different from how I used to learn in the past as I would go back and forth learning about topics in a “shallow” level and then forgetting about how to apply it weeks after. I believe the flow of EGMAT is really working more efficiently for me. The process definitely helps cement the information I learn and allows me to understand each concept 100 % . Hence, this allows me to move forward at a constant and healthy pace. I regret not starting with this earlier so that I would have saved precious time and effort due to studying back and forth between topics. I am confident that this course is the key to help me achieve my goal. Hopefully, I will be able to finish sooner so I can achieve my target score ASAP.

Director
Director
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Own Kudos [?]: 554 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

Quants has been my strength throughout school and college. However, I was unable to achieve my target score in GMAT Quants. I had taken coaching with Jamboree (Mumbai) previously but their approach did not help me much.

I am currently going through the learning phase of Algebra New Trial course and have completed almost 65% of it. As compared to the original e-gmat courses, the new trial course has a lot of improvements in terms of developing process skills in a structured manner, personalized feedback meetings with one of the co-founders of e-gmat (Ms. Payal Tandon), cohort performance comparison to judge where we stand in the course. Takeaways and Flashcards at the end of each and every sub-topic are a welcome addition to this new course. Also, the option to control the speed of concept and Learning Activity videos according to our existing grip on the concepts allows us to view each and every video (even the ones on which we have very strong grip), thereby covering everything and saving time. These will be a welcome move for Verbal as well in future.

E-gmat has also introduced New Quant Basics Trial course which is again state-of-the art learning experience for everyone, irrespective of current Quant skills. Especially the murder mystery to introduce DS type of ques in GMAT is very innovative and engaging.

E-gmat new trial course design is very effective as it increases the chances to score high on GMAT if followed correctly as suggested by the e-gmat team. Each and every topic starts with GMAT and concept-level diagnostic quiz to know our starting abilities in the topic, then concepts are taught, practice quiz again on the concepts, then process skills are developed, practice quiz again on the process skills, finally GMAT level questions are taught how to tackle them. I doubt if I can find such a detailed and well-structured approach anywhere else. Like good amount of net practice in cricket help us score high runs, these practice quizzes before and after each and every topic help us to achieve the target GMAT score. Also, feedback is given after each and every quiz to guide us the next steps in the course, trust we never get lost in the course for this reason. This is the power of AI.

One would agree that accuracy and speed goes parallel in GMAT exam. The new course is also designed to keep in mind that GMAT is a timed exam. So, timing restrictions are also put in practice quiz so as to be mentally strong right from the learning phase. This was never a case in practical coaching institutes, whereby there is no tool to control timing during learning phase due to which most students who take coaching from these institutes fall short in time in the actual GMAT exam if they do not take lot of online mock exams.

The voice in each and every concept and learning videos is lucid and simple to understand. One wants to listen to such voice and get engrossed in the learning.

Another thing which I like e-gmat for is the receptivity of the team to students suggestions. They have a dedicated team who replies to any query at the most within 24 hours and also implement students' suggestions which help them to improve over time.

In nutshell, looking forward for the new trial course in NP and Geometry as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Hey All,

My background:

I am 25 years old and have been working for 2 years since 2018.

I am doing factory operations in China and spend at least 12 hours per day, having little time on my GMAT preparation, although I registered on the E-GMAT platform this mid-July.

I am Taiwanese, Asian, and not of the confirmation bias that Asian people are so good at math. I do encounter a lot of difficulties and logical gaps when preparing for the test.

I don’t have a very solid background in mathematics and store a lot of related skills in iCould if I may use this expression as a euphemism that I forgot already all the knowledge..haha.

I hope to get a score above 700 to get the entry of my dream school and previously took a GMAT on 10/9 but only scored 560 with (Quant 47).

How do I feel about these courses:

What did the diagnostic tell me?

- Understanding the skills which I still require.

- Actually, I do consider this diagnostic test do reflect more on GMAT test which does not require me for a lot of complex calculation but ask me to break down the problem logically.
(I scored really low every time after taking the diagnostic test, but to confirm that I really absorbed the knowledge, I re-took once I completed the modules again)

- I feel I can link the knowledge required, or I should say the process skill, but I need time to do the calculation or digest the problem. Anyway, I can see the improvement in understanding the question.
Why understanding the question is so important to me? because moving forward from a complete understanding of the question drives me closer to get the correct answer. (Just no mention if I make an error when doing the calculation)

What do you think about the bifurcation between concept files, process skill files, and GMAT skills files? How did that help you in getting prepared for Algebra? How was this approach different from how you have learned in the past through other sources?

- These courses do deserve my admiration. I want to share the difference between the original package courses and the trial courses.

- I feel these trial courses are more GMAT-like questions(just from my experience).

- I like the concept that the trial courses offer because they are more to found the basic knowledge of a particular category and focus more on a single topic, driving me to dive into a harder level of questions.

- I enjoy the fundamental concept especially when teaching starts from a very basic concept. (Sometimes I just don’t know some of the very basic concepts from the original package courses but I learned them in the trial courses!) For example: distinguish the introduction of no solution, infinite solutions, and unique solution of a linear express (I learned how to use the ration to tell). I really can’t recall if there is any in the original concept file.

- I really like the practice quiz and how the teacher uses wording such as inference and manipulation. For me, I do not have a very solid/firm background in math and sometimes I will just do the calculation by gut feelings. However, the teacher in each session breaks down where to use the manipulation. For example: remind us to not forget the simplification and apply it.

- I like the summary of different types of questions in each practice quiz. The teacher gives us a summary and really insist on the keywords: manipulation and inference. This wording really helps me remember.

- I like the PDF the courses provide at the end of every concept. This offer gives me easier access to reviewing the courses. Sometimes, I simply wanted to have a quick review of some parts but I ended up spending a lot of time looking for related courses or giving up to find the right one.

How does the interactivity in the new HTML5 help you learn concepts?

- It is great. I like the flipping cards session.

- How these activities of flipping cards help me? I sometimes could not get great access to the internet so I dropped off the video courses, especially when interacting in the video. However, this problem never showed.

- The feedback that I want to share is sometimes I can not quickly locate the question in the correct/incorrect sessions follow after the flipping card.

How does the feedback from every quiz activity starting from diagnostic to concept practice quizzes, to final practice quizzes help you?

- Personally, sometimes I felt frustrated when I didn’t manage to answer the quiz right but did feel excited when I answered correctly. Maybe it is just a matter of time and I do think I need to do more exercise to sharpen my skills. It will also be very helpful if I can see different variations. As I mentioned before, I really don’t have a strong background in mathematics.

Overall, these courses do help me in my preparation. I would say it is the establishment of processing skills. I merely have time to do the preparation and I forgot the knowledge when I returned to the demanding job. The courses just focus on the very basic concept and help me remember better the logical path. Mentioning repeatedly, I think that these courses brought me very fundamental knowledge and help me to tear down the seemingly complicated appearance of problems. Anyway, I still need to go through with the variations so that I can be more comfortable to apply the skills learned.

For my personalized learning, honestly, I do not really figure out what is the best-personalized plan that matches me best, although I have been preparing for this test since mid-July this year. I think that in terms of personalized learning, I would say the courses help me understand more the basic logic and the processing skills that I need to use to fight. This understanding not only enables me to stay calm when looking at the problem but also gives me a certain level of confidence so that I can move forward.

In short, I really like these courses and appreciate E-GMAT to give me this chance. I hope I would get the opportunity to Geometry, Advance topic, or Verbal modules in this way although I am aware that membership is going to expire soon. haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am preparing for the GMAT for the first time ever and I chose e-GMAT and choosing the same has been one of the best decisions I made in regards to the prep owing to numerous reasons.
Now, cut to 1month down the preparation, where I kind of felt stuck in while preparing for Algebra and at the right time and place I got a notification if I wanted to be part of a trial called Algebra 2.0 and I realized that investing ~2weeks of my time on this trial takes the top place in the 'best decisions'.

The content has been divided across three modules that comprise of an extremely comprehensive list of activities mainly divided across the core skills required for a high score - Concept, Process, Application, Practice which has helped invaluably in the way I solve medium/ hard questions. The starting point for each module is a diagnostic test which basically reflects how well we know the core skills which further helps to put in the right effort at the right skill. A lower score implies that the conceptual review is needed and a moderately higher score implies that we need practice on Process and Application.

Being a full time working professional, one needs to ensure that the right amount of time is spent on honing each core skill and the way modules in Quant 2.0 have been designed support the same strategy by providing personalized feedback, next steps after each practice quiz.

I'd like to thank the @e-GMAT team for putting in on the efforts on designing this comprehensive course that not only is planned on helping me solve questions but also guides at each step what am I lacking and suggests to put in the right effort at the right step.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Hard-Working, Ambitious Fellow Student:

I wanted to come out and talk to you about my experiences so you can take advantage of my own GMAT journey for yourself. You might be doubting about how real is this review, as I was when I first started looking into e-GMAT myself. I was finally convinced that the reviews were real when I met two MBA candidates from the finance industry in Mexico and Brazil that were accepted to a top three MBA school in the U.S. and then found an interview that e-GMAT had done to them about their GMAT journey. The interviews were about how one of them had managed to ace a 710 GMAT score in as short as four months. I couldn't believe my eyes since I had talked to them before in another setting about the programs, one of them in person and the other by phone, but then a third friend that was struggling with English in Mexico also mentioned about a provider called e-GMAT that was "exceptionally good on the verbal side".

Myself, after having spent almost a year working on the GMAT myself (and even after having tried the GRE for two years) and having tested Veritas Prep, Manhattan Prep, Official GMAT exercises and mocks, I could not believe I wasn't getting any meaningful improvement even when I was top of my class in math back in college and both my parents were engineers. I was even doing better on Verbal. Not being someone to be discouraged easily, I remember doing tons of flashcards and used to time my daily GMAT studies to three hours in the early morning and an hour and a half at lunch. Exhausted other resources, I finally decided to give e-GMAT a try during Thanksgiving 2019.

Honestly, all I can think of right now, is why did I not start here first. Things happen for a reason, but truly your time is valuable. Valuable time invested on the GMAT is time taken away from your other pursuits, your girlfriend (boyfriend), family, business, and career. You need a proven system that has worked for others with a strong committed team behind the system (Ms. Payal and the Team). With so many materials out there for the GMAT (which is why I switched on the first place from GRE), it is easy to stray from the right path. You might think, oh well, it is expensive, but truly there is no greater investment than your own time, on top of being eligible for much needed scholarships. If you also compare it to your own results and individual tutoring, you will see how much more efficient and results oriented e-GMAT is.

All in all, after trying the remastered Algebra Quant 2.0 version you will find the following:
• An engaging platform supported by a structured approach taking you from some of the most basic Algebra foundations building into some very complex exercises that would take you several classes with individual tutors to understand.
• A time efficient, structured process that takes you from concept to process drilling, to real timed GMAT exercises which will boost your confidence and actually make you like the topic.
• Crystal clear feedback from every quiz and diagnostic activity so you can pinpoint exactly where you need to work more and where you are strong. About 2,000 quant and verbal exercises on the Scholanarium section, from which you can make your own quizzes on whatever topic you are weaker, by actually filtering by your weaker topics, complexity, accuracy and ability.
• Something that I think is truly important, the availability of on-demand help whenever you have a question on any exercise (something that is not readily available with all providers), as well as questions and answers that others have asked on each exercise.
E-GMAT is constantly updating and pushing out new edited versions of its existing sections and products, which will greatly enhance your experience and the speed at which you will learn.
• Availability to map your own plan and progress on your journey to your target goal.

Again, DO NOT sacrifice your own precious time, go for the best quality course available right now on the market at the best price point and take on the GMAT confidently from the very beginning, once and for all so you can go after those scholarships, speaking from the trenches - you won’t regret it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Having been out of formal Education for quite sometime, I was struggling to get on grips with Algebra questions on GMAT.

Most of the concepts logically made sense but I wasn't able to answer most of the questions under 2 minutes.

This is where the trial of this new egmat algebra course helped me.

It provided a three step approach, where I was initially introduced to the concepts along with the flash cards to test my understanding.

Followed by introduction to the required process skills necessary to tackle GMAT level questions.

So by the time I started attempting those questions I could understand the question asked and rely on process skills needed to answer the question in given time.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2