Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [11]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
Kudos
Quant 2.0 Makes learning a natural process.

Few Key point take away for someone who want to know in short and not habituated in reading with the detailed post

1. Revision which is key to learning for Quant comes natural with the course 2.0
2. The thought process of solving the question in right way develops naturally in your thought process , no extra efforts requires . You just need to go with the flow.
3. The creativity of using flashcard technique is very unique and very basic for a student to ensure he is not missing the concept at any point during learning of the concepts.
4. The structure of the course is made with lots of efforts and proper planning , once going through the same you would surely agree and like the Post .
5. There is no point solving 1000 questions with learning with each of them , rather solving 100 questions in right manner and understand the key to solve in the right approach - this is taught in e-gmat Quant 2.0.
6. Limited questions gives you flavor of all the thought process you can think, you can falter and you can develop your thought process and bridge the Gap, if any.
7. This trial module is designed more of a video approach at each step and solving question in written mode (feel as if it is taught in the classroom) which makes you engage even more towards learning of the concept.
8. Ensuring you learn , apply and than move to next step rather than simply completing the module. The efforts made by E-Gmat to make you understand things is resolve your query with the videos, texts all are rightly placed at right point so that the student can extract the most of it.

Well summarizing it up ! E-Gmat has been proved to be the best decision taken by me so far and this has changed the approach to solve problems and dealing with them with efficient manner.

E-Gmat is always a win win situation for one who want to learn as a priority in life at present apart from the end result what comes out , which is much more of a futuristic deal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey,
Just wanted to share my experience with Qaunt 2.0 of E-Gmat.
If i had to summarise it in 2 words, they would be Flawless and Enriching.
I am an undergrad student from India, aiming to pursue a Master's degree from one of the top B-Schools of the world. Well, I am so glad that I set up an aim like this , because that's what made me cross paths with E-Gmat. How Quant 2.0 helped me is quite significant in the graph presented in the article itself. Even i was glad to notice that much improvement in just 2 weeks of the trial.

Getting down to Quant 2.0-
: I have struggled with Maths since 4 years now. So the Quant section wasn't my favourite one when i started with the GMAT preparation.
I wasn't able to identify my red areas, until i tried the Quant 2.0 .
: The way it differentiates between the conceptual knowledge and processing skills is the deal breaker. There were so many instances where i scored 100% on the conceptual quizzes but
couldn't even manage to get a 50% on the processing skills quiz.
This depicted my inability to convert the concepts learned to other variations, which the problems demanded.
: It took me a week or so but i came back much stronger and scored much better than my early attempts.
: Quant 2.0 is FLEXIBLE. I write it in bold because it made me work hard but never pushed me into a total area of discomfort.
Different students learn in different ways.
I needed more questions to get adapted to the variations of concepts. I got it.
I needed to warm up my mind every now and then , it had flashcards which were easy and a little fun to do.
Video speed was flexible too and these small details matter when you have worked months for an exam.

Quant 2.0 is made in such a way that if you abide by the instructions provided , you will master that topic once you are finished with it.
I actually attacked my weakest section, Number Properties, and now it's one of my strengths. That boosts a test taker's confidence exponentially.
E-Gmat is not leaving any space for criticism because of it's continuously improving course structures both for verbal and quant.
I feel lucky enough to be a part of this trial as it helped me gain Skills for every Topic of quant .
Kudos to the team behind it who made it as interesting as it could get .

This 2.0 version proves to be a booster for every kind of student. From people who don't like the quant section much to the skilled ones. It prepares you adequately for any level of gmat questions if you are just honest with yourself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Quant 2.0 – An entirely new framework for GMAT Quant Preparation [#permalink]
Kudos
I was one of the members of the trial and can vouch for its efficacy. To detail things out a bit for better understanding, the following were the highlights for me:

1. Simplification: In general, I feel E-GMAT's focus for the quant modules has been 'Follow the right process and then there is no way that you cannot get to the right answer'. The new quant course very beautifully kickstarts this process by simplifying scary and complex looking question to easy looking one line statements (Case in point: (Data Sufficiency)A very complex quadratic equation in two variables x and y and checking for divisibility of that expression by a combination of x and y. This was simplified to the form 'Is y even?'). This makes going through the next steps very simple, needless to mention the additional intangible benefit due to added confidence.

2. Considers all cases: One of the very important processes helped me internalize taking into account all the constraints imposed by the question statement (Eg - X is a non-negative integer). Even though this is a simple seeming task, due to added time pressure on the exam, one usually misses to answer within the constraints laid out by the question stem. The quant course's watertight process made it a point that this critical process becomes a part of my stride, the benefit of which was clearly visible in my practice scores.

3. Based on official questions: To be honest, my practice score improvement from before this module to after going through it was immensely positive, to the extent that I started doubting whether there was something wrong with the questions. I was happy to research and find out that the questions resembled the official pattern and that the progress was genuine.

All in all, it was an amazing experience. Apart from some scores, I also gained a lot of confidence, something which I feel is a bit underrated in the larger scheme of things on GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys!
I must start by stating that eGMAT's Quant 2.0 is beyond rote learning!

The pedagogy is based on one firm belief i.e. ‘developing skill sets’ that goes a long way and helps one to excel in GMAT. The fundamentals of the program are based on 3 key pillars
1- Developing concepts
2- Enhancing process skills
3- Application of the skills
4- Structured approach to practicing problems

The interface is fabulous, it reflects the sheer excellence & hard work that the team eGMAT possess. The approach to the program is ‘bottom up’ and not ‘top down’ as compared to many conventional sources available over web or in-person. The entire section is meticulously designed into milestones that address key areas and needless to say concept building, process skill development and structured approach to problem solving that graduates from easy to tough questions, all blends so effectively that with every step one gets to build all skill in entirety.
I would like to highlight few attributes that prospective students may find very useful:
- Each module clearly demarcates your strength and weakness, and helps you bridge the gap
- Subsequent improvements are calibrated well
- The application files flow into the practise sessions, that enables one to practice the skills right after the module and monitor one’s development
- Lastly, the platform called “Scholaranium’ is another state of art that not only helps in cementing the skills but also shows multi-sectional assessment of one’s ability that helps identify the gaps.

Lastly and most importantly, I must state that eGMAT is a commendable team very dedicated in every aspect be it designing the course, engagement with candidates, addressing concern areas etc.
I am a returning candidate to eGMAT , after having taken a pause I decided to pursue my journey of doing 2nd MBA and with much better determination this time. I did my search to enrol for a course that would help me address my weakness rather than only promising a score. Finally, just one chat with teh team helped me take this step.

With my current progress and development, I see I am inching towards the target quite well!

All the best and way to go eGMAT!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,
Let me start by telling you about myself. I have been working in the IT industry for over 8 years now.
And starting to study after 8 years was not easy at all, especially subject matters. But eGMAT's Quant 2.0 really gave me a push to start and put my efforts into learning more. Especially when the focus in process skills and GMAT skills takes you all together at a different level. The team of e-Gmat is at another level too.You get all the help from Rajat,Payal,Harsha and others to clear your concepts if anything is difficult for you to get from the prep course.
I would really suggest everyone take this course and benefit from what e-Gmat has to offer you.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Kudos
EGMAT has nailed it with Quant 2.0

This is an extremely systematic framework that starts right from scratch and takes your understanding of the topic to an optimal level. It targets your ability to ace the toughest GMAT questions there are, in a guided and systematic manner.

EGMAT focuses on the following primary aspects-
#1 Concept
#2 Process
#3 Application
#4 Practice

It is these pillars that make it an unmatched source of guidance for GMAT preparation. EGMAT along with allowing a certain level of flexibility, encourages us to put in extra effort to perform to the best of out capabilities. Quant 2.0 in particular follows the following system:

1) Diagnostic Quiz- A review of where you stand even before you begin a certain section.
2) Concept Files- Detailed video concept files that drill the important aspects into your mind and clear out all gaps.
3) Application/Process Files- These modules help hone your application of a certain topic and approach each question in the most effective and efficient manner.
4) Practice Files- EGMAT has a treasure trove of questions to provide exposure to all kinds of questions and cement your concept as well as application of each and every topic.

It is a common myth that Quantitative Analysis does not require guidance, simply practicing a plethora of questions from various sources does the job, but that is not the case. In my personal experience, I had put in many hours improving my Quantitative skills but it was only after I participated in the trial run at EGMAT did I realise that if approached methodically and systematically, your target score can be achieved much faster.

EGMAT is endowed with an enthusiastic team that work tirelessly to help you achieve your target score. They are always available to guide you, answer your questions, clear your doubts etc.

Way to go EGMAT, and thank you for everything!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 393
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Greetings to everyone.

EGMAT has done a tremendous job with Quant 2.0 Framework to bridge the gaps about the topics we once studied when we in school. No doubt about it.

Initially, I had problems in solving Qs for topics such as LCM-GCD and Prime Numbers. I was just not able to grasp the pertinent concept required. The moment i saw a Q related to these topics, my mind would completely freeze. But after going through the new framework, Trust me I am so confident with my abilities now than I was ever before.

To be honest what worked for them is their 6 Process skills that they talk about. You must have heard about them. But here not only did they emphasis on it but also showed how to go about it, how to see the Q and realize OK this process skill is handy. In other words the process skills teach you to keep your mind open at all the times and I was so happy to see I was able to put all 6 of them to good use in whichever Question required their usage. The importance here is not to mug up formulas but to develop the skill sets required to solve GMAT level Qs as we are aware it is ability based test so ability in solving the Qs is the foremost virtue.

This is what I felt about the framework:

1. The module begins with Diagnostic Quiz. Real GMAT level Qs. NO jokes, NO easy welcome tests. This is to test your current understanding of where you stand. Based on your scores you are given a feedback to focus on so and so concept.
2. Concept files are so diligently crafted and made that even if you are coming back to academics after say a long gap the videos make it easy for you to understand each and every thing that is required for that particular concept.
3. The use of flashcards to help you with a mini Test you could say which helps to test your understanding as soon as you are done with the video instills confidence in you.
4. The Practice Quiz and Learning activity files cover all your bases. These files teach you and test your real ability in the concept and at the end of it you get a detailed summary of the process skills which were applicable in certain Qs and detailed feedback on what needs to be done next which gives you a pathway and helps you decide what you need to do next or helps you identify your gaps.

It is often considered in Quant that by mugging up formulas or by solving endless Qs from different authors/study providers will help you reach your dream score in Quant. But sadly that is not the case. It is the application that matters in GMAT and this framework takes care in that aspect.

All in all it was a wonderful experience and I thank EGMAT to give me a chance to be a part of this wonderful trial.

Being a SW Engineer I can imagine the amount of gigantic effort the development team must have put into it and the instructors as well.

Thank you EGMAT Team once again.

Thank you EGMAT!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
The Quant 2.0 curriculum by e-GMAT is very engaging to say the least! It does all the right things and manages to cater to all a varied set of learning ability. While going through the geometry course there wasn’t one moment that I felt that its feeling monotonous, too basic or too advance! Having said that, in retrospective, I did get to go through all the concepts ranging from basic to advance – thus I’ll attribute this solely to the beautifully designed modules. The approach towards learning also changes as we move to the more advanced topics, which helps us ensure that we have got a hold on the basics. Additionally, the concept files are concise yet detailed enough for one to grasp them as well as test our understanding from what we learnt. The highlights for me from the concept files were – summary pages and the ability to increase/decrease concept video playback speed.

Coming to the amount and type of practice we get while undergoing these course – it was more than sufficient I felt for the geometry course. The questions were such that it would help us ensure that we are apple to apply the concepts correctly and the detailed solutions ensure that we identify exactly where we are faltering while applying. The details solutions are surely the highlight while practicing questions – not only do they explain which formula / logic is to be applied for the given question, but the common errors or frequently overlooked steps are also mentioned and this certainly goes a long way in helping us quickly build the conceptual foundations.

Though I was extremely satisfied with the geometry course and wanted to type out a feedback on it instantly, as I am all for instant feedback especially when it all positive – I gave myself a couple of days to write this paragraph – I understand that readers here might want to know how it plays out once the course is done with, how much do we retain etc. So here comes the fabulous repository of medium and hard questions that e-GMAT has, why I say fabulous is that it provides ample practice as well as quick analysis on the questions. So, not only am I able to see which topic am I faltering on, and should probably revise the concept files for, but I also have a clear visibility of my strengths and how do I make them stronger (by working on the speed with which I solve such questions). Thus, in all I am quite happy with quant 2.0 geometry course and am looking forward to going through number properties in a similar manner.
Thank you e-GMAT for such an intricately designed course – really appreciate the team’s rigor to focus on not just ensuring that we understand and practice concepts, but also ensuring that we enjoy the momentum of it.

PS: this might be a seemingly trivial point for some – however, I understand that a lot of effort must’ve gone on it - the look-feel of the course is just sooo good! Not too jazzy but not dull either, so interactive and intuitive! I feel this really added a lot of value to my overall experience 😊
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ,

I wanted to share my experience with the new geometry and number properties trial that I just finished on eGMAT.The Quant 2.0 course launched by eGMAT is engaging to say the least. It is designed in a way to build concept , cement them , give you confidence and then repeat the process.
The framework is definitely build keeping a students mindset as priority focussing on building on concepts and then strengthening them.
At times you may feel that this is repetitive but I would suggest that you just trust the process and let it work out. The interface is a definite upgrade and you feel the difference instantly. Each concept file is detailed and leaves no concept unanswered. 
The application quiz after each concept keeps you humble and makes you work on your weaknesses as well as helps you realise your strengths building confidence which I would say is one of the key attributes to ace GMAT.

The course is a definite Win and a must try. 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
e-GMAT's team (specially Payal Tandon & her team) have built a tool which helps every student who aspires to score beyond good.
Student like me, its really tough to keep me engaged with studies, but this Quant Trails - Geometry & NP's kept me glued to its curriculum & its content. I can confidently state, my Geometry & NP's have significantly improved a lot.

Entire course is video based & data driven which helped me in knowing my weak zones. It was a 15 day run for each topic, which helped me in channelizing my energy in the right area. Aha movements were a lot, I was awestruck with the course's design. A lot of efforts have been put through which is evident with this team. Planned approach, Concept's & Data driven programs shows the real weakness, strength of an individual & this course is just did that. Even after long days at work, I never left bored or disconnected to go through these course as they were building on my abilities of solving problems, Improving my stamina in terms of being patient & I can go on adding, many.
I would recommend e-GMAT to my fellow aspirants, an effective tool which helps in fulfilling many dreams.

Specially to Payal & Shweta, great job guys, the way you have thought in this course literally took me back to my school days. The way you have explained throughout is outstanding, trust me even in schools they won't teach the way you have thought. Big thank you & pl. keep the format same for many such wonderful things coming in future (if at all). We used to meet through Zoom & those updates were really fabulous, it actually helps if tutor can show a mirror to its pupil & point the exact pitfall for him/her & you guys did the same.
Thank you once again & Cheers e-GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So, here’s the 2.0 version of Geometry and Number proporties courses. First of all, I would like to thank Payal ma’am and her team for giving this privileged opportunity to access this trial.

Coming to the trial, it’s crystal clear like a mirror. You are first asked to take a diagnostic test and then, there the results are! They give you a clear reflection of your strengths and weaknesses. If you score less, not to worry, e-GMAT is here to guide you throughout. I personally hated geometry. I never really understood what those theorems are, where they are exactly applicable etc. That’s pretty much a tendency of a human to hate what they don’t understand.
But e-GMAT’s structured approach has simply worked wonders. It’s just a step-by-step process which they mention out loud always. Follow it and there’s no looking back.
With this belief, I started with the trial. So, here’s how it goes - first the diagnosis, then the concepts > learning quiz > practice quiz. All the concepts are broken down in small chunks which makes it way easier to grasp them faster.
They are so clear and the best part of the trial is learning activities followed by practice quizzes. If you falter at any stage in the learning activity, then you’ll NOT falter with the same kind off question in the practice quiz. Guess how! It’s simple, they’ve defined solutions in detail that once you go through them, you really can’t unlearn. And the best part, you get that confidence to aim for a 100%! Yes, a 100% in reality!
So, if you disliked Geometry for any reason once, you take this trial, undoubtedly, you shall start loving it because everything is clear - you know why, how, when to apply the necessary process skills needed.

Thank you, e-GMAT team!:D

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
The Algebra New Trial course, totally makes a difference and helps people like me, with no contact with algebra since finishing high school (2000) definitely filling out the gaps. I am a student that no teacher would wish for. I have a full time job and I am a mother of to.

This course helped me to be able to keep up the work for this exam, to remember learnt algebra and to learn new methods, easy and fast methods and tips. It is a tremendous work what EGMAT team has done. I didn't think that this is possible online, however, even after the first two modules, I most certainly gain some basic knowledge that will help me carry on.

I can't wait do see the results after going through the whole trial. I feel that discovering this course really made the difference for my chances to obtain the aimed GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Hello Everyone,
I would to share my experience with the new algebra trial that I just finished on eGMAT.
The Quant 2.0 course launched by eGMAT is truly best course you will ever come accross . Designed In such a way that it start from very basic and slowly slowly it reaches gmat hard level, best thing is that you wont even released that you reach at top level. All concepts will become so strong that no questions would seem hard.
from my personal experience in algebra just like everyone is scared of it a lot but now I can confidently say i have ace it.
The platform is very engaging which is awesome as one can usually lose interest after looking at screen for long time but with egmat such thing wont happen
another great thing is application test and practice test after every concept. so It makes your understanding very solid

The course is a definite Win and a must try.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 102
Send PM
Hello everyone!

I am taking the trial on Algebra, and I am very satisfied with the new approach. Here are a couple of the things I like the most:

*The diagnostic quiz at the beginning of the course helps you track the improvement after you finish the module. The questions are strategically chosen for you to apply the new learnings.
*The videos are very engaging, and the possibility to increase the speed is a great addition. The flashcards are very well-thought and I like that they are tricky enough to test your understanding.
*The feedback is personalized and gives you relevant suggestions for the next steps. Following them has helped me see real improvement in my learning.
*The emphasis on process skills helped me put them into practice more consciously, which is something I struggle with. I can review my mistakes more easily and pinpoint the process I have applied incorrectly, which is beneficial for my future learnings.

Overall, I love the new course and I recommend it to anyone who wants to strengthen their understanding of Quant.
For me, Quant is quite challenging. Although I love math, some of my biggest struggles are focusing and time management. The step-by-step approach in this course gives me the confidence to continue learning and aim for a great score. Thank you, e-GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi There,

Being on the job for more than 15 years, I had not been doing maths for almost as long,
as hard to get fit again.
I scored very low on my first mock test, and I knew I needed to get back to the basics, and refresh it all before reaching my target ( I need a 700+ for the EMBA I want)
So I registered with e-gmat ( great choice - definitely recommend) and then went onto Quant 2.0.

I truly love this program, because I can go from the concepts to the process skilss, my favorite part.
When I first started the preparation, I did some exercices, then reviewed the answers and the method, but it was not as clear as it is in Quant 2.0
Most of the time, I would get the answer, but was never quite sure of the approach.
Now with the process skills indicated along the way on each and every answer, it is easy to foucs on them and apply them conciously.
I like also the very detailed answer to each question, which goes step by step ( and when it is too long because you have already figured it out, we can hit the speed button, toreview it at a faster pace - nice perk !).
the videos are crystla clear on the explanations.

What also helps me are the quantitative results on each step and the feedback with them, so that I know exactly where to work and what to work on.
I am still struggling on the timing, but I can see that where I now master the concepts, my speed does increase with less silly mistakes ( I know those mistakes do not really exist ;-)),
so my accuracy increases.

Last, what I consider a nice to have, is the weekly webinar, to keep up the pace and have a live session, where we can ask questions about the modules we just went through.
Overall this program gives you a very clear path on how to approach each subject, and gives you enough freedom to do it at your pace, while encouraging you to continue the hard work to progress on the preparation.

I hope to do the other programs too for Number properties and Geometry and also Verbal, as this new type of program fits my need perfectly.

Thank you e-gmat team!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello,

This program (Quant 2.0) that e-GMAT has implemented onto their learning site has been incredibly helpful. Since graduating from college and being in the workforce I had sparsely used the concepts tested on the GMAT exam and a lot of rust had accumulated on the foundational skills which was apparent when I was practicing GMAT level quant questions. I started struggling with a lot of the basic concepts of Algebra at the start of my study but e-GMAT's Algebra Trial has helped shake of this rust as well as establish a strong fundamental foundation. The program really helps you see your progression from the very start by beginning with a diagnostic test before deep diving into the concept files.

The program really helps you learn where mistakes were and can be made and helps you see the process that needs to be applied. The repetition that comes from this program really cements the skills needed to tackle harder level GMAT questions. What I really enjoyed about this program is the level of engagement that it offers, from the flashcards to the video explanations, it gives the program a very hands on feeling to it and I find this method very conducive to learning. The results of students' improvement in these trials really speaks for the program itself.

This program's concepts and approach to questions has helped build confidence in tackling tough GMAT quant questions. I am excited to continue on with this program to see my progression.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am currently going through the Algebra trial and although it is challenging, the e-GMAT approach has areas that are helpful
- the curriculum videos are short and to the point which I like because I don't want to sit through 20-30 minute lectures
- there are flash cards throughout the course to test your understanding on newly presented topics (6-12 questions) which I find helpful to apply the concept that was just discussed
- there are process skills guided quizzes which are my favorite because they provide challenging questions that push you to use the concepts you learned in the lesson and apply them to GMAT type questions. There are video explanations between each question to explain and then a somewhat similar question might come later in the quiz so you can use the process you just learned to advance

Overall I'm struggling through the course but definitely improving. Quant is my biggest challenge and this process is definitely helping me identify where exactly my weak points are. I definitely recommend setting aside more time than you think you'll need because the processes and skills build one each other so you want to make sure you have a solid base before moving to the next section.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2