Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 22:30 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 22:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1544 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sarnia,
Take heart from your Math score...chill out for a few days...and then contemplate at to what went wrong.

Relax....

Vivek.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanx guys for the encouraging words. I 'm still recovering from the exam. I will take some time off to think it through.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also would suggest a retake. Kaplan and ETS paper tests are not reliable predictors, though, because Kaplan is so much harder and the paper tests are not adaptive. Take a breather to collect yourself, and then definitely try again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [0]
Send PM
Re: 590 (Q46, V26)-I give up- sick and tired of this test [#permalink]
sarnia wrote:
I just came back from the exam and now my life is over. 590 (Q46, V26)
I canтАЩt believe it myself. I have score 580 in Kaplan and mostly 700 in ETS paper tests but now what I get is a frigging 590. I donтАЩt understand the scoring system of this stupid test. Well, I consider myself good. I have background in engineering with high GPA. I am very good in understanding and analyzing material. I have gone through OG and have studied every single question. I donтАЩt understand it. I might give up for good. I have only one advice for you, those Kaplan and ETS paper test scores do not reflect your actual GMAT score IN ANY WAY.
:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

hi, sarnia. what do you say about my experience then? first score - 220, second score - 490. yet, i don't give up. i am planning to take it third time, but definitely, it will be the last time.. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sarnia -- do not give up. Take a week off, relax and clear you head. The test is not a true representation of YOU! Once you step back and relax a bit, you can start focusing on the verbal part. As for quant, I really do not see a need to force your quant score as it sounds like you are strong in that area already.

Don't give up.. As everyone has said, perseverance is the key to beating this test. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do try CAT tests [#permalink]
Dont give up ..
I would suggest CAT tests rather than paper tests .. Kaplan tests are tougher thatn the final test .. PP tests are easier .. PR tests, even with their bugs, are much close to reality .. Try and get these practise tests ..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Before you start taking practice tests, make sure you take a diagnostic test. You may be weak in certain areas (e.g. permutation/algebra) which the diagnostic test will reveal. Focus on those areas and you should get better results than taking generic practice tests.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Sarnia,

Dont give up. I got a 590 on my first try too, couldnt believe it. Got a 24 on V, and 48 on Q. To this day I dont know how that happened. I took a few weeks to collect myself, and now three months later getting ready to retake it again. DONT GIVE UP, this is a test, and it can be conquered! GMAT Club has is a great group of people, and you can get all the support you need.

LVB9th
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [0]
Given Kudos: 19065
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
sarnia wrote:
I just came back from the exam and now my life is over. 590 (Q46, V26)
I canтАЩt believe it myself. I have score 580 in Kaplan and mostly 700 in ETS paper tests but now what I get is a frigging 590. I donтАЩt understand the scoring system of this stupid test. Well, I consider myself good. I have background in engineering with high GPA. I am very good in understanding and analyzing material. I have gone through OG and have studied every single question. I donтАЩt understand it. I might give up for good. I have only one advice for you, those Kaplan and ETS paper test scores do not reflect your actual GMAT score IN ANY WAY.
:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

I would try again
I have mentioned it once today already, so I hope you guys won't kick me, but you can use this tool https://www.gmatclub.com/gcq/SE/ to estimate your score. I checked for you and it gave 660

700 on the PP is a good sign for a high score, unless you went throught the OG very extensively. :roll:

What attempt # was this by the way?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37580 posts