Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 16:28 It is currently 09 May 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73124 [1]
Given Kudos: 18942
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22179 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unexpected GMAT Online results [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Sorry about your score. It’s a gut wrenching story was such a big score drop. Also, that’s a pretty terrible thing to have three RC‘s in a row. Quick question for you, for the official test three and four, have you seen any of those questions before? Any of them? Even one?

I am pretty stumped and puzzled as to why you would perform so poorly on both sections.

Posted from my mobile device

Thankyou bb for your reply. I always solved some SC and CR questions everyday on GMAT club. So as far as I remember I got one question in GMAT PREP - 3 that I attempted around two days ago. But after that I started using filters while selecting questions on GMAT club so that I don't get a question from GMAT prep. And then I never saw a similar question on GMAT PREP - 4 or in experts' global mocks.

I know may be three RCs in a row, nervousness and everything may have contributed to a V21 because this was the hard part for me. But in quants I really don't understand that how can I score a 39 because my lowest in quants was 43. I am sure that there were tough questions so that means I must have answered most of the easy and medium difficulty level questions correctly and I am sure that I submitted the section also so there cannot be a penalty for that. And because it's GMAT online I cannot order an ESR to know what went wrong. So I am stuck with a 510 and left with only one more attempt because the test center is not going to open soon. Now I am confused as to what should I do because I took a mock test two days ago on experts' global and got a 680(Q48 V34). I know I could have at least scored a 650. Right now I am thinking of giving GMAT online again because I don't have any other choice but I just don't want the same thing to happen again, so I am confused.

And there was also this one thing that I felt kind of unusual on the GMAT that the questions were very different from the questions in GMAT prep or OG. I mean I know that GMAT questions feel different but hard quant questions were on a different level. I am also preparing for CAT ( A test for Indian B-schools) where Quant part is more tough as compared to GMAT so that's why I was able to solve more questions on GMAT quants but the questions on GMAT felt very different from what I solved in GMAT club, OG or on Expert's global

Originally posted by Stunking4 on 06 Oct 2020, 20:21.
Last edited by Stunking4 on 06 Oct 2020, 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Unexpected GMAT Online results [#permalink]
Thank you ScottTargetTestPrep for your reply. I know I was nervous on the test day because it was GMAT online and it was my first time and I agree with you on this but I feel that this would not result in a 170 points drop I mean this is a big drop. Thanks for your advice and I will surely read those post you mentioned.

For my prep I used the following:-
Experts' global full course
GMAT Ninja videos
Attended webinars from different test prep companies
Solved a lot of questions from GMAT club, OG and from experts global platform.

I know I can do better than this but I am not sure as to what should I do next because I am embarrassed and also confused about whether I should attempt another GMAT online or not.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hm... I don’t really have much ideas to offer an explanation. That’s a huge score discrepancy. Perhaps things went really wrong that day. Unfortunately with the pandemic you only have one more online option left. Though you have time before R2 in Jan..... sorry 😢

Hoping things will be more cheerful and more open in a month.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hm... I don’t really have much ideas to offer an explanation. That’s a huge score discrepancy. Perhaps things went really wrong that day. Unfortunately with the pandemic you only have one more online option left. Though you have time before R2 in Jan..... sorry 😢

Ok thanks bb for your reply. I will give GMAT online again when I will be sure that I can score around 680. :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stunking4 wrote:
bb wrote:

Ok thanks bb for your reply. I will give GMAT online again when I will be sure that I can score around 680. :)

Try the mgmat test or free Veritas prep and see what you hit. ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok I will do that bb. Now I have started a verbal course on GMAT whiz because I exhausted everything on experts' global platform. Let's see what happens next and If something good happens I will update it here. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi bb,

I took the veritas prep mock today and I scored a 650 (Q47,V32). The test was a little harder than the official gmat prep and experts' global mocks.

I am still confused about the score I got in the actual test. Can you suggest anything like whether I will be able to score around 680? Should I take another GMAT online exam in 2-3 weeks?

Ps: I didn't do any special preperation just went through some questions in OG. And I took the mock in proper GMAT online conditions.

Thanks in advance

Own Kudos [?]: 22179 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stunking4 wrote:
Thank you ScottTargetTestPrep for your reply. I know I was nervous on the test day because it was GMAT online and it was my first time and I agree with you on this but I feel that this would not result in a 170 points drop I mean this is a big drop. Thanks for your advice and I will surely read those post you mentioned.

For my prep I used the following:-
Experts' global full course
GMAT Ninja videos
Attended webinars from different test prep companies
Solved a lot of questions from GMAT club, OG and from experts global platform.

I know I can do better than this but I am not sure as to what should I do next because I am embarrassed and also confused about whether I should attempt another GMAT online or not.

Think things over a bit. I'm here if you have any further questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 897
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
Send PM
Stunking4 wrote:
Ok I will do that bb. Now I have started a verbal course on GMAT whiz because I exhausted everything on experts' global platform. Let's see what happens next and If something good happens I will update it here. :)

Hello there. May i ask how was your outcome after Gmatwhiz verbal? Was it worth it, have you improved your score, because for me i have also similar situation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
junii wrote:
Stunking4 wrote:

Hello there. May i ask how was your outcome after Gmatwhiz verbal? Was it worth it, have you improved your score, because for me i have also similar situation

Hi junii

Sorry for this late reply. I saw your reply today and I am confused as to why I didn't get a notification about this. So I don't know if my answer is relevant to you or not.

So I would say GMATWHIZ verbal is very good. They explained each and every concept in a very detailed manner. So I completed all of the SC and CR material in the next 3 weeks or so and solved a lot of questions from OG 2020 and Verbal review 2021. The best part about GMATWHIZ is that after every topic they give you a list of questions from OG. So that you can practice the Official questions which I think is a good way to improve.

Another thing I noticed that in the GMAT exam first 10 questions are important more than the others. I mean all are important but the first 10 questions set the way what kind of questions you are going to see next. So try to answer correctly as many as you can. And my suggestion is don't be nervous, don't think about whether the last answer you gave was correct or not and most importantly don't judge yourself from the questions you are seeing. Like I used to think that this question is so easy that means I must have answered the last few questions incorrectly. This is a mistake that we all do. See for example let's say Geometry is easy for me and I got a question from that. Now I will start thinking that oh it is so easy I must have attempted some questions incorrectly. But actually that question might be a difficult one according to GMAT. So never judge yourself in the middle of the exam just try to give your best.

So after studying for around 25 days and keeping all these points in my mind I gave my second GMAT online attempt on 11th Nov and got my results on 14th Nov. I scored a 660 (Q49,V31). I could have scored a bit higher in verbal but I was happy as my score improved so much. And then I went ahead with this score and recently received an admit from EDHEC business school in their MIM-BM program.

I hope you also improved your score and got into a good B-school.

Thanks, bb and ScottTargetTestPrep for your suggestions. Your suggestions really helped me a lot.

PS: I wanted to update it here when I got the score but I got too much involved with the applications so I forgot to update this topic.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow! Great job and congratulations on getting into EDHEC MiM!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Wow! Great job and congratulations on getting into EDHEC MiM!

Thanks ☺️
Own Kudos [?]: 22179 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stunking4 wrote:
junii wrote:
Stunking4 wrote:

Hi junii

Sorry for this late reply. I saw your reply today and I am confused as to why I didn't get a notification about this. So I don't know if my answer is relevant to you or not.

So I would say GMATWHIZ verbal is very good. They explained each and every concept in a very detailed manner. So I completed all of the SC and CR material in the next 3 weeks or so and solved a lot of questions from OG 2020 and Verbal review 2021. The best part about GMATWHIZ is that after every topic they give you a list of questions from OG. So that you can practice the Official questions which I think is a good way to improve.

Another thing I noticed that in the GMAT exam first 10 questions are important more than the others. I mean all are important but the first 10 questions set the way what kind of questions you are going to see next. So try to answer correctly as many as you can. And my suggestion is don't be nervous, don't think about whether the last answer you gave was correct or not and most importantly don't judge yourself from the questions you are seeing. Like I used to think that this question is so easy that means I must have answered the last few questions incorrectly. This is a mistake that we all do. See for example let's say Geometry is easy for me and I got a question from that. Now I will start thinking that oh it is so easy I must have attempted some questions incorrectly. But actually that question might be a difficult one according to GMAT. So never judge yourself in the middle of the exam just try to give your best.

So after studying for around 25 days and keeping all these points in my mind I gave my second GMAT online attempt on 11th Nov and got my results on 14th Nov. I scored a 660 (Q49,V31). I could have scored a bit higher in verbal but I was happy as my score improved so much. And then I went ahead with this score and recently received an admit from EDHEC business school in their MIM-BM program.

I hope you also improved your score and got into a good B-school.

Thanks, bb and ScottTargetTestPrep for your suggestions. Your suggestions really helped me a lot.

PS: I wanted to update it here when I got the score but I got too much involved with the applications so I forgot to update this topic.

Congrats! Thank you for the update.
GMAT Club Bot