Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: INSEAD vs HEC (Admitted) [#permalink]
Hatakekakashi wrote:
There's no harm in trying but be wary that the INSEAD application is more challenging because of the number of essays so give it your best

Don't have a regret of not having tried. HEC Is great and you can always fall back even if INSEAD doesn't work for you

Regards,
HK

Thanks my friend. I guess it all comes down to personal fit you feel for program, and there was no vibe I felt from the past two INSEAD webinars I attended at least. From what I understood INSEAD is geared more towards people who are certain about their post mba career, for example guys from MBB coming with corporate sponsorships, as the duration of the program is rather short, and they are intense with Singapore-France location change and everything.

I guess what I cannot really grasp rn is post mba opportunity HEC vs INSEAD. I’ve read some posts saying “Oh people know INSEAD, but HEC doesn’t have any reach outside France.” Does this also apply to recruiting teams from big tech companies? I guess it does not. At this point I might be overthinking. Im aware that my serotonin transporter is a little too tight and I worry too much as I’m East Asian 😂

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
LilPastel wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
There's no harm in trying but be wary that the INSEAD application is more challenging because of the number of essays so give it your best

Don't have a regret of not having tried. HEC Is great and you can always fall back even if INSEAD doesn't work for you

Regards,
HK

Thanks my friend. I guess it all comes down to personal fit you feel for program, and there was no vibe I felt from the past two INSEAD webinars I attended at least. From what I understood INSEAD is geared more towards people who are certain about their post mba career, for example guys from MBB coming with corporate sponsorships, as the duration of the program is rather short, and they are intense with Singapore-France location change and everything.

I guess what I cannot really grasp rn is post mba opportunity HEC vs INSEAD. I’ve read some posts saying “Oh people know INSEAD, but HEC doesn’t have any reach outside France.” Does this also apply to recruiting teams from big tech companies? I guess it does not. At this point I might be overthinking. Im aware that my serotonin transporter is a little too tight and I worry too much as I’m East Asian 😂

Congrats on your admit!
I don't have a final answer for that, but LinkedIn research seems a great way for you to clarify thosue doubts. I'd apply to HEC but ended up not applying because of opportunities to my partner in France. But I heard great things about the school from people I've found in LinkedIn and as a you might be able to see through their employment report, many of them are reaching tech companies post-MBA leadership programs such as the Amazon pathways. Also, HEC has a very close connection to a start-up HUB that might be useful in your case as well.
Try finding people who attended HEC and are now in tech companies, this will surely help on your decision and might even work as network for post-MBA opportunities.

Good luck on your journey!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
LilPastel wrote:

It is true that INSEAD has a stronger brand in Europe so it's not ideal to compare but if you want to stay in france HEC is not bad, INSEAD can help you better to be in Europe

Having said that, Amazon is a strong recruiter for HEC

I would say it is hard to look outside of a geography with an MBA in a country for ex - MBA from france but job in london and an insead tag will help better than a HEC but if you want to be in france then not a problem

as far as tech recruiting goes I guess it's about networking and resume so i am sure you'll do well
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived INSEAD Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our INSEAD Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated INSEAD Forum for all fresh things related to the INSEAD MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts