Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 529
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 328 [0]
Given Kudos: 188
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1920 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Re: New Delhi Weekend Curfew [#permalink]
anxsh - I strongly believe that the Pearson VUE team will help reschedule the test appointment at no cost. Please call the local Pearson VUE customer team again tomorrow morning to find the latest status. I understand it's frustrating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks a lot for your responses, rvgmat12, Hovkial and DisciplinedPrep.

The test got cancelled. I've rescheduled for a weekday. :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1920 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Kudos
anxsh - I told you you need not worry. I am so happy for you. Please prepare well, and let us know how the test goes. All the best! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
anxsh
I have my exam on next Saturday. Did you receive the email notification by yourself. Can you suggest how can i reschedule too?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DisciplinedPrep - Thank you so much! :)

muditcc1 - Yes, I got an automated email at 12 am i.e. 8 hours before my exam time. As soon as you get the cancellation email, you can schedule your test on any other date. I suggest not opting for weekends, since the weekend curfew is likely to continue for a few weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All,
My GMAT exam is scheduled on 21st April 2021 at the Delhi centre, Barakhamba road. I am clueless whether the exam will take place or is it cancelled. If someone has information regarding it please help me.
Also I can contact none of the test centres through phone or mail.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Rhea29 - Since April 21 is a weekday, there's no reason for the cancellation of the test since the curfew is only for weekends. You can use the following number for speaking to the guy at the test centre - 011-41841472.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
New Delhi Weekend Curfew [#permalink]
Thanks for the information anxsh ! Yup I did call on the same number but nobody received the call. Probably today the centre is closed due to weekend lockdown. Will try calling them on Monday !
Actually I did read on Pearson Vue’s website that in Delhi, Chandigarh and Maharashtra the teat centres are temporarily not operational.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: New Delhi Curfew [#permalink]
Update : One week curfew announced in Delhi. So all tests scheduled this week will probably get cancelled. :( :cry:

P.S. : Second cancellation for me within a week, this is not great for my momentum or state of mind for the test. Ugh! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup just saw the news Anxsh! Can understand your situation very well.
Even after repeatedly calling Pearson Vue Delhi centre no one’s answering.
Do you have Pearson vue’s mail ID where I can ask them for a re schedule or cancellation at no extra cost ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: New Delhi Curfew [#permalink]
Rhea29 - Yeah, I also tried calling them about 10 times, and no one answered. I do not have their email ID, even if we did email, I don't think they will respond. From last weekend's experience, I can tell you that they will probably get an official update tomorrow, and the cancellation email shall follow in another day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 4
Send PM
Rhea29 wrote:
Thanks for the information anxsh ! Yup I did call on the same number but nobody received the call. Probably today the centre is closed due to weekend lockdown. Will try calling them on Monday !
Actually I did read on Pearson Vue’s website that in Delhi, Chandigarh and Maharashtra the teat centres are temporarily not operational.

My GMAT is scheduled for April 24th at Pearson Vue, Barakhamba Road center. I've heard there will be a lockdown in Delhi till April 26th. My situation is further aggravated by the fact that I'm not in Delhi right now. I came back to my hometown to prepare for the test and was planning to fly back to Delhi 2 days prior test day.

Luckily, I got a hold of the center by phone and I've communicated to them that it's extremely unsafe for me to fly to and from Delhi during this time. They raised a case against my concerns and will probably reschedule the test. Currently, they do not offer the ability to change the mode of the exam from offline to online. Now that there's uncertainty looming in Delhi regarding lockdown, I don't even know which date to choose even if they offer the option of rescheduling.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey athenaaa ! If you do have their contact number or mail ID then please put it here since many of us are in a fix over here whether we ourselves need to contact pearson vie for the reschedule or they will contact us(they are informing just 8 hrs prior to the exam).
Maybe you should cancel the exam and ask them for a refund right now. And later when the situations are better then you can plan to take the exam at the centre.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
New Delhi Weekend Curfew [#permalink]
Kudos
Rhea29 wrote:
Hey athenaaa ! If you do have their contact number or mail ID then please put it here since many of us are in a fix over here whether we ourselves need to contact pearson vie for the reschedule or they will contact us(they are informing just 8 hrs prior to the exam).
Maybe you should cancel the exam and ask them for a refund right now. And later when the situations are better then you can plan to take the exam at the centre.

Yes, I'm now thinking of canceling the test and asking for a refund. I'll probably register for GMAT Online after that.

So I tried to post the email address and website link from where I gathered the information, but the forum wouldn't allow me to post it here as I haven't met the minimum threshold of posts to be qualified for the same. I'll try my best to put it out there to how I reached the information from the website. Go to mba(.)com > Contact Us > Test Center Exams > Asia-Pacific Region. You'll find the phone number and email address for GMAT candidate support. Hope it helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks athenaaa ... I could locate the email address and number. I have sent them a mail for a cancellation and refund. Let’s see when will they respond to it.
All the best for your online exam (y)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Glad I could be of help, Rhea29. Thanks and wishing you too all the best for your test! 👍🏼

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys !
Just received an exam cancellation confirmation mail and the full amount will be refunded in 3-5 days because of Covid-19 situation in Delhi.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts