Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63671 [1]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63671 [0]

Send PM
Re: Anything You Want to Ask GMAC? Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
I think I’m just slightly disappointed with the current state of affairs for the test takers.

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to be too mean about it, but it feels like GMAC's left hand has absolutely no idea what its right hand is doing. One of the presenters waxed poetic about how helpful the online GMAT proctors are, and how they're technically trained. In reality, there have been a ton of incidents of bad proctoring, and either GMAC is unaware of that problem, or they don't want to admit it publicly. I suspect that they simply aren't aware of the problems.

To be fair, the proctors are hired by a separate company. But still: I wish that GMAC would take the time to tap into these issues a little bit more thoughtfully.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63671 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Just uploaded the slide deck. Check out this post if you'd like to see 101 mostly non-mindblowing slides.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anything You Want to Ask GMAC? Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
GMATNinja wrote:
Just uploaded the slide deck. Check out this post if you'd like to see 101 mostly non-mindblowing slides.

bb, GMATNinja - From slide 48, it seems like the Test Center availability issue is only in South Asia (at 27%), with rest of the world having more than ~80% access. So I doubt if they will increase the number of gmat online retakes any time soon :(

Applying some critical reasoning, I could weaken the above statement by saying the following: Even though test centers are almost fully operational across the globe (excl. South Asia), candidates won't take the risk of going to test centers, fearing that they will contract the virus!
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Given Kudos: 636
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMATNinja - thank you for sharing the insights. The stats on the # of tests attempted are remarkably interesting. I would not have guessed the decline in testing volume in the US but it makes sense given the wage inflation here.

Regarding the ESR.. I think they first need to start providing one with the official GMAT mocks as they did with the GMAT prep software. That would be extremely helpful.

Quote:
Online GMAT is NOT easier or harder than the test center GMAT

I did not look at the deck you shared but did they present any stats around the same. I have not seen them present any stats around this.. especially the sectional scores. You would think that this is one of the easiest metrics to share, especially given that we know they have been sharing those metrics (median quant and verbal scores) for decades.

Nevertheless, any information is good information.

Thanks for putting in the effort!

-Rajat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Send PM
I have heard that the score reporting system is different/separate for the Online GMAT vs. Test-Center GMAT. If that is the case, do I have the option of sending/reporting only one type of test? Or will the application ask how many total times you’ve taken the test (Online and Test-Center inclusive)?

For example: If you took the Online GMAT 2 times and took the Test-Center GMAT 3 times, can you report/provide only your Online GMAT scores even though you technically took the GMAT 5 times? And will the school only see and know about the 2 Online GMAT attempts?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TheAspirantMBA wrote:
I have heard that the score reporting system is different/separate for the Online GMAT vs. Test-Center GMAT. If that is the case, do I have the option of sending/reporting only one type of test? Or will the application ask how many total times you’ve taken the test (Online and Test-Center inclusive)?

For example: If you took the Online GMAT 2 times and took the Test-Center GMAT 3 times, can you report/provide only your Online GMAT scores even though you technically took the GMAT 5 times? And will the school only see and know about the 2 Online GMAT attempts?

Some applications such as Booth and Columbia ask applicants to list all of their scores/attempts even if they were canceled.

The online Gmat score reports only list 1 online test score unless you choose both scores to be reported.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
Hi,
Could anyone please clarify the latest rules for the online GMAT test? I am confused about the following:
1) Will I be allowed to have 8-min break between Verbal and Quantitative sections?
2) Am I allowed to use a bathroom during the break?
3) Read some stories that proctors asked students to look at the screen all the time (even during the time they used physical whiteboard). Does anyone have a similar issue?

Many thanks in advance.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You have already asked this question in another topic. Don’t be so needy with information that’s publicly available.

abelka wrote:
Hi,
Could anyone please clarify the latest rules for the online GMAT test? I am confused about the following:
1) Will I be allowed to have 8-min break between Verbal and Quantitative sections?
2) Am I allowed to use a bathroom during the break?
3) Read some stories that proctors asked students to look at the screen all the time (even during the time they used physical whiteboard). Does anyone have a similar issue?

Many thanks in advance.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2