Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 23:09 It is currently 03 May 2024, 23:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I personally think it's probably better to include this sort of info at the interview stage. I think econgirl is right that there are so many other things that are probably more important to fit within those word limits. I can't imagine it would hurt, but I think it would not help as much as other topics.

Anyway, that's what I've decided. UNC is DONE! Someone I work with tomorrow is going to take a look over for typ-os, but then it's upload and out. Sigh. One ALMOST down.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Your partner? Does this mean I have to stop entertaining thoughts of us running away together to some deserted island where you talk to me about options pricing theories while we make love?

Sigh.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
EconGirl wrote:
I was reluctent to bring up geography as a reason anywhere I applied only because it did not 'sound' like important enough of a reason to mention (and forgo mentioning other school specific characteristics). However, in reality geography is one of the most important considerations.

If I were you I would mention your partner's opinion only if you could say taht Duke's or UNC's exceptional partners' program impressed him, etc.

Thats the way to do it - express their interesst in the partners program.... not in the geography.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Your partner? Does this mean I have to stop entertaining thoughts of us running away together to some deserted island where you talk to me about options pricing theories while we make love?

Sigh.

Lol, you had me burst out laughing with that.

Hmm...which makes me think...A personals / dating section for GMATClubbers? :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's sounds like you have decided against this, but were you originally planning on fitting it into the goals essay or just mentioning it in the optional?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rhyme:

I don't know anything about pricing. Non-profit girl. We do it for free. But I will help you claim the education credits when you finally decide which offer to take. And if you promise to bring your now-famous butt plug collection, I could be persuaded.

Fantasies never hurt. That's why I am applying to Stanford.

Kisses
amy
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was thinking the "Mikey likes it too" line would go in the "why is this the right MBA for you" part.

But really, I do think the interview is better. It's a better venue for getting more personal (Rhyme, no comments). You can look around all wide-eyed and say, "Golly, Graham sure told me this place was great, but wow! We are both sold on the area, I tell you!"
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
(Rhyme, no comments).

LOL, btw the Stanford quote is priceless. Nicely done.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am debating over this issue also... does this sound like I am just reaching for more reasons?

I wrote:

"The city of Chicago is very similar to that of Toronto: a large metropolitan area with many top firms but without the added costs and pretentiousness of New York City. "

I don't know if I should use such a strong negative word in my essay but it is so true... what do u guys think?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would suggest keeping all comments positive. You can say that Chicago has an agreeable cost of living and down to earth people. They will know that you what you are getting at. Talking negatively about the competition can backfire.

Also, consider that in marketing, #1 almost never talks about #2; while #2 always tries to compare itself to #1. If you don't even mention NY, then Chicago will assume they are #1 to you. If you spend time bashing NY, then Chicago will think that they are second.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Excellent comments! Thanks, I really needed this. My brain doesn't want to work on essays anymore... can't wait to get this one finished!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]