Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just say Duke...it takes a while getting used to :)

Einstein06 wrote:
died4me wrote:
I just came back from Fuqua. I had class visit, tour, and interview today. I was really impressed with the TEAM FUQUA. It was an awesome experience.

Its a great program, but I can just see myself mispronouncing Fuqua in an interview and being summarily dismissed...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
fookaa?
few-ka?
fuque cah?
foo qoui?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
few-qua is the right pronunciation.

lhotseface wrote:
Just say Duke...it takes a while getting used to :)

Einstein06 wrote:
died4me wrote:
I just came back from Fuqua. I had class visit, tour, and interview today. I was really impressed with the TEAM FUQUA. It was an awesome experience.

Its a great program, but I can just see myself mispronouncing Fuqua in an interview and being summarily dismissed...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I caught myself saying FOO QUA during the interview.
I would not sweat about it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
I caught myself saying FOO QUA during the interview.
I would not sweat about it.

Could you share your interview experience? I have scheduled on Jan 30.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought about sharing the interview experience here, but since this thread is for Ross, I didn't.

But since you asked, I will. I hope people don't mind.

1. Questions: Before the interview I was told by many current students that there is no tough questions and that interviewer just want to see who you are. So I think I relaxed too much.

The usual suspects: Why MBA, Career Progress, Why Duke, Why Now. Career Goal.

Interesting quetsions: What would your peers would say your strength and weakness are? What is the first thing that you want to do if you were the CEO of your company? (I drew blank on this for two seconds. The two seconds seems eternal to me) I told her that I would change my senior management. I don't think this was good one. I felt that she wanted to know WHY rather than What I want to do/change as a CEO.
So I did my best to elaborate my answer.

Here comes another interesting question. She said "Let's say you have 30 seconds of superbowl commercial for you to persuade people why you need to be a Team Fuqua. I will give you a few seconds to think about" something like this.

Again, I drew blank on this. Okay.. what should I say? Oh.. I will just summarize what I have been telling her and focus on the point about which I really like Duke.

Now this one was tough as this question will give the lasting impression on the interviewer.

Overall, I don't think I did a superb job. But I feel that my performance would not be the reason if I get the DING.

Like I said, I would not sweat about it.

2. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
I started my day at 7 AM. I visited the 8AM Decision Model class.
This class was bad.... The prof. was young, and he was stumbling.
The first impression on Duke was not so impressive compare to Wharton's Ethics class.

However, what really got me were the students. I was never alone throughout the whole day. There was always someone who was eager to share his or her Fuqua experience. One of the 1st year students was very eager in sharing her experience; it was sort of persuading why we should pick Duke over other schools in an innocuous way. She said that she got into Wharton, but at the end of day she was so intrigued by the TEAM Fuqua that she decided to come to Duke.

The funny thing is that I had to take off my name tag so that I could be alone and prepare my interview. LOL!

Good luck everyone! (I will be honest with all. I do not believe in Good Lucks. But I will say Good Luck for the lack of better term)

God Speed. That is what I would say to my friends Hahaha!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
I thought about sharing the interview experience here, but since this thread is for Ross, I didn't.

Great post, thanks
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
My application finally came complete today (Saturday). I guess Michigan is really working overtime to deal with the increase in application volume. I hope they offer me an interview on Monday morning.

Some Adcoms keep really crazy hours. I didn't expect any news over the weekend. I also got an email at 2AM PST from UCLA when my application cam complete there last week. I guess they just didn't want to wait.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So if one does not receive an invite soon (about a week after) after they sent you an 'application complete' email the admit chances decrease going forward?

can someone please comment?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hemantS wrote:
So if one does not receive an invite soon (about a week after) after they sent you an 'application complete' email the admit chances decrease going forward?

can someone please comment?

I don't know this to be true, maybe others can comment more. Schools I have asked send interview requests in bunches small enough that they can handle the responses without creating a backlog. Does michigan release all of theirs at once?
Director
Director
Send PM
From BW forum... [#permalink]
Just hot off the press from The Monroe Street Journal.

"In Round 1, we reviewed 869 applications (vs. 558 last year), interviewed 533 candidates, and admitted 289 students to the Class of 2009. The Round 2 review process started this month. We expect to read about 2,000 applications and interview hundreds of applicants between now and March 15, when Round 2 decisions will be released. Then, we do it all over again for Round 3, which typically accounts for about ten percent of our applications."
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
Re: From BW forum... [#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:

"In Round 1, we reviewed 869 applications (vs. 558 last year), interviewed 533 candidates, and admitted 289 students to the Class of 2009. The Round 2 review process started this month. We expect to read about 2,000 applications and interview hundreds of applicants between now and March 15, when Round 2 decisions will be released. Then, we do it all over again for Round 3, which typically accounts for about ten percent of our applications."

Looking at the numbers, wish I had applied in R1. thats a high acceptance rate for round1. Although Im not surprised that for adcoms from schools like Ross, CMU and a few others Round 2 is game.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just wanted to tell everyone I also got an invite to interview last week (I think the 24th). I'm glad I've made the first cut. But I wish I had applied to R1 because it looks like it will be harder to get in R2.

I'm driving to Ann Arbor tomorrow for my interview. Fortunately, I live about 2 hours away. I was going to do a phone interview but then thought although they are "weighed the same", not going to do an in-person interview when living only 2 hours away would probably be a negative.

I had my interview with a Kellogg alum on Saturday so at least I have one interview under my belt.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
lhotseface wrote:

Just got an e-mail from the school that said that they had about 1600 apps for R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dukes wrote:

Just got an e-mail from the school that said that they had about 1600 apps for R2.

Yikes!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
My prior post was a mistake. Apparently, they have a notification that simply states that they have received your application, which is what I received last Saturday.

I have not yet received the email that says something like "Adcoms have verified your application is complete, etc..." so I have been waiting by the phone the last few days for no reason (I know, it's gonna be email if anything).

I guess I will just keep on waiting. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Had my interview with an MBA2 yesterday in Ann Arbor. I was happy with how it went. It's only a half an hour which is tough coming from a 2 hour Kellogg interview but I felt I bonded with the interviewer because she grew up near my hometown in upstate NY, was a career switcher like me, and I think she digged my sweet suit. She didn't throw me any curves and said that I seemed to have a good focus. We'll see.

Another question, when do you get an email saying 1600 applicants, when the MSJ said their were close to 2000. I wonder if they lumped in part-timers to make it seem like their were more applicants.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10