Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would like to see more financial aid information. If we could have a place for people to post their basic stats (gender, race, gmat, gpa, work exp) and what kind of scholarship offers they have gotten, it would be very useful.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
I have seen them be a disaster, and I have seen them be a great success, but it might be worth considering a GMAT wiki to try and archive all of the questions / answers that have been discussed on here.

Almost a way to allow people to build a second interface, but will make the cross linking of ideas a whole lot easier.

I am not too great on the software side of this, but have been involved in building wiki's before. If you link editing rights to the login, it should be relatively safe for avoiding vandalism as well.

A wiki could be awesome - if people updated it...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
MBA_Bound wrote:
A "printable version" button in the forum would be nice. There's some valuable info in there that I'd like to print for later use when I'm not at my pc.

This is scheduled to be part of our next update.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
MBA_Bound wrote:
A "printable version" button in the forum would be nice. There's some valuable info in there that I'd like to print for later use when I'm not at my pc.

Great idea, especially if we allow users to choose the forum items and put them in a basket and then at the end generate a PDF file with the contents from the items selected!

Interesting idea again. Have you seen this implemented on any website?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
3underscore wrote:
I have seen them be a disaster, and I have seen them be a great success, but it might be worth considering a GMAT wiki to try and archive all of the questions / answers that have been discussed on here.

Almost a way to allow people to build a second interface, but will make the cross linking of ideas a whole lot easier.

I am not too great on the software side of this, but have been involved in building wiki's before. If you link editing rights to the login, it should be relatively safe for avoiding vandalism as well.

3underscore

thanks for the feedback. It certainly seems worthwhile to spend some time with it. I certainly dont know much about this. We will have to learn more about what the wiki can do that our forum currently cannot.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
c00624 wrote:
I would like to see more financial aid information. If we could have a place for people to post their basic stats (gender, race, gmat, gpa, work exp) and what kind of scholarship offers they have gotten, it would be very useful.

Interesting idea. Will spend some time looking at possible ways to integrate this into the profile.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:
rhyme wrote:
3underscore wrote:

3underscore

thanks for the feedback. It certainly seems worthwhile to spend some time with it. I certainly dont know much about this. We will have to learn more about what the wiki can do that our forum currently cannot.

Well, rather than have tons of stickied threads that are filled with useful posts inbetween replies and comments, a wiki could centralize some of that key information.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72908 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
3underscore wrote:

Fantastic Idea!
I'll check what needs to be done to make it happen.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
MBA_Bound wrote:

Great idea, especially if we allow users to choose the forum items and put them in a basket and then at the end generate a PDF file with the contents from the items selected!

Interesting idea again. Have you seen this implemented on any website?

Yeah the tourism webpage for Austria has it.

The URL: https://www.austria.info/xxl/_site/us/_a ... /home.html

You can view pages; as you view pages, you can add them to the 'suitcase' and then goto the suitcase to print everything as a single PDF file!

Pretty neat!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another strategic suggestion:

Though this is a 'GMAT'-club, there are people talking about admissions and other MBA related topics! It would be nice if we morph the focus and the name gradually to 'GMAT and MBA club' or something that suggests that the site includes topics outside GMAT.

'GMAT Club' is like a brandname that is popular in the MBA community, so we have to be very careful on how we execute this, and ensure that we do not dilute the brandname and drive away people! The process is almost like the re-branding of a company!

Perhaps, it should be a multi-phase process:
1. Decide on the long term name and vision for the club.
2. Register a new domian with the name but point to the current GMAT Club website.
3. In a few months: Change the logo to still say 'GMAT Club', but possibly add a caption below like 'Club for GMAT and MBA enthusiasts' or something similar. At the same time start adding some MBA related tools as described above.
4. After few more months: Change the Main logo to reflect the broader focus of the club.

Note:
The reason why GMAT club is popular is because GMAT enthusiasts (the first step for admissions into an MBA program) come here, spend a lot of time and eventually get attached to the site.

The core 'competency'/aim should still be focussed around attracting GMAT enthusiast, at the early stage of the MBA admissions process to retain the club's competitive advantage.

Okay time to sleep... almost dozing off...!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
rhyme wrote:
3underscore wrote:

3underscore

Well, rather than have tons of stickied threads that are filled with useful posts inbetween replies and comments, a wiki could centralize some of that key information.

The tons of stickied threads reminds me.. Hope this might be better for navigation..

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41908
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
bb / praetorian

I would be happy to help out with a wiki if it was something you are considering.

I think it would be especially handy for old threads on the GMAT topics where, in amongst the lot of discussion, there was a clear answer. I that way it would be a very good resource for the newcomer to find their way around the topics covered.

Maybe you want to work on a draft / concept wiki to see how it works (it sounds like bb is familiar with the system and has a few ideas though!).

Anyway - give me a shout if needed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It would be nice if we could have an email for technical support. Does anyone know how to use PM's? It was working for a while for me, but for some reason, now all my PM's are staying in the Outbox and not being sent.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
squigglylines wrote:
It would be nice if we could have an email for technical support. Does anyone know how to use PM's? It was working for a while for me, but for some reason, now all my PM's are staying in the Outbox and not being sent.

I replied to your PM.

PM's stay in your outbox until they are viewed by the intended recipient. Its acts like a return receipt, if you will.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ohh! Ok, no wonder. Hahah, sorry about that. I'm fairly new to this message board.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2