Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Average GMAT Score 550 - I NEED HELP AND ADVICE [#permalink]
Kudos
I know it is almost impossible to improve but I would appreciate any tips or advice.

Might be good to postpone the exam till you see an improvement in the mocks.

5 Quant tips
5 Verbal tips
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [2]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Average GMAT Score 550 - I NEED HELP AND ADVICE [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
eelovee wrote:
I just really need some help in order to achieve my score of 550. What else could I do in such a short amount of time? Every tip or help is appreciated here :please:
I know it is almost impossible to improve but I would appreciate any tips or advice. At this point I really have no options left and I need to pass.

Hi eelovee,

I think time management isn't going to be a major issue for that score target, so you probably don't have to rush if you have a few questions left at the end. "Skip" questions that seem too tough, and focus on solving the rest correctly.

You may want to take another official practice test (but not in the last 1-2 days). Go in with a positive mindset.

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thank you for your advice!

1) I studied about 5hours a day in March and taking a few days off now and there. Since April I studied consistently for about 6-7 hours a day.
2) I took my mock exams on random dates. The first one was on April 12th. I got a score of 320. Two weeks later another one 380. May 5th I got a 400 and May 16th a 410.
In the "real" mba mock exams I first got a 400 and than recently I only got a 380 but I also had a very noisy environment when I took the test so I could not really focus.

3) Yes 550 is the minimum requirement to get into my program. Additonally I need a good grade in my Bachelor degree (which I have), they will look at my CV, past experience, past statistic courses of my undergrad studies and I need to write a motivational letter.
If I would have a 650 in the GMAT I would get in immediately.

4) There is no other application deadline for this upcoming semester. I would have to apply for the next semester which is in February and I really wanted to start now in September.

I will try to focus on your advice and quickly "move on" when I get a difficult question to try and answer the "gettable" questions.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AndrewN

Thanks Andrew!
I actually was quite "relaxed" the first time I took the test. I went in with a positive mindset. But unfortunately it was not enough. Now I am of course a little bit more stressed since this is the last time I can take the test before my application deadline. But nevertheless I will try to be calm and collected.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi eelovee,

I've sent you a PM with some additional notes.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
eelovee wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thank you for your advice!

1) I studied about 5hours a day in March and taking a few days off now and there. Since April I studied consistently for about 6-7 hours a day.
2) I took my mock exams on random dates. The first one was on April 12th. I got a score of 320. Two weeks later another one 380. May 5th I got a 400 and May 16th a 410.
In the "real" mba mock exams I first got a 400 and than recently I only got a 380 but I also had a very noisy environment when I took the test so I could not really focus.

3) Yes 550 is the minimum requirement to get into my program. Additonally I need a good grade in my Bachelor degree (which I have), they will look at my CV, past experience, past statistic courses of my undergrad studies and I need to write a motivational letter.
If I would have a 650 in the GMAT I would get in immediately.

4) There is no other application deadline for this upcoming semester. I would have to apply for the next semester which is in February and I really wanted to start now in September.

I will try to focus on your advice and quickly "move on" when I get a difficult question to try and answer the "gettable" questions.

Thank you!

Dear eelovee,
I had score range similar to yours after I read the Manhattan materials and completed the online course of platform that you mentioned. When I finished the Manhattan guides, I already forgot some described concepts; the same valid for the video lessons. I saw the progress only when I partially passed TTP Math module. My quant score improved from 35 to 44.

If you have a time, you can try a free trial that TTP provides to decide is that platform suitable for you or not.

In any case do not surrender :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Hi eelovee,
Your approach, going through easy and medium OG problems, seems ok. You do not have much time on hand, so reviewing the concepts, notes, and video lessons should be given priority.
Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Send PM
Hi eelovee,
Keep your sprit high and focus more on reviewing. Hopefully, your hard work will pay off.

Thanks!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi eelovee,

I see today is test day. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot