Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Verbal Help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi PradeepVemuri95,

Many GMATers find at least some aspect of the Verbal section to be challenging - so you're not alone. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi, I need help with Gmat verbal. I'm doing good on quant (q47-q49) consistently, whereas verbal is around v25 to v30.

Please help me to where to start!

Consider checking out Manhattan-Prep's 6th edition for SC and CR. In addition, working with a study buddy who has strong verbal skills may be helpful. You can teach them Quant in return. To practice your reading, using articles from The Economist may be good too.

Here are some quick verbal tips:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
You might find the free video lessons useful:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-nin ... l#p2396353
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Hi Pradeep

It would be helpful to know the material you have already used.

If you are looking for some free resources you can consider going through Powerscore CR and Manhattan SC for the concepts. And then solve questions from the official guide.

And in case, you find it difficult to jump from one material to the other and are seeking a structured study plan, you should definitely check out Target Test Prep. They prepare the plan for you, all you have to do is religiously follow the study plan. They offer the best value for your investment in terms of the content provided. You will not regret it.

The TTP material is very detailed and after going through the TTP course you will realise how it provides clarity regarding a lot of concepts you might not be confident about right now.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
PradeepVemuri95 wrote:
Hi, I need help with Gmat verbal. I'm doing good on quant (q47-q49) consistently, whereas verbal is around v25 to v30.

You can check out this webinar for some suggestions on how to improve your Verbal score. Many students have found this webinar helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sD35ZuGgD4
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Dear PradeepVemuri95,
I concur with the view of sakshi2022; to improve my verbal score I have started to employ the TTP platform because its well structured study plan along with unique approach already has helped me to ameliorate my quant score. I have not consummated the Verbal part yet, but what do I say is that its curriculum not only covers all general materials but also provides step by step guide to hone the acquired knowledge. Additionally, I have found answers to some SC questions that were not disclosed in the Manhattan guide such as inner and outer list, delayed subject, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Help [#permalink]
Kudos
you should find a good verbal course and practice alot.
for RC by reading alot to improve you RC skills , I wasn't struggling much with it because I already read alot of scientific material in English because of my job requirements.
But I was struggling with SC, I tried both E-GMAT and TTP, I found that TTP SC section more organized, comprehensive and realistic, they provide detailed explanation for each Question answer and why it is correct and why it is not, and that Explanation is what helped me understand why I keep making mistakes in SC questions, and how to analyse each part of the sentence and determine whether it is correct. so bit by bit I started to realize how to approach SC questions, analyse the sentences, and answer the questions. after finishing their SC section I realized how much I was missing. with E-GMAT things were not as organized and clear as with TTP, so I felt lost and frustrated with E-GMAT.
for CR I haven't yet started.\
Anyway TTP has a 5-day trial for 1$ so you can try and decide yourself.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
PradeepVemuri95 wrote:

Hello, PradeepVemuri95. I see that you have plenty of excellent recommendations above, and my own builds off of some of what has already been said. If I needed help with Verbal, I would look to the free GMATNinja Resource Collection posts on CR, RC, and SC. You can find the SC Resource Collection post here, for example. Apart from actual practice questions, which you can complete prior to checking out any solutions that GMAT Ninja has posted in the forum, you can find just about everything you would need to ace the Verbal section.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot